Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying ducks

Options
  • 10-08-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

is there anything ya can do to get ducks out of your swim? Between 5 and 6 were constantly in my swim last night, hitting the float, goin for bait, fighting with each other, It was driving me mad.my friend even walked up 50 metres up the canal and threw in bread to get them away. they went up and ate the bread only to swim down 5 mins later, and it started all over again... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

blackcat banger

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

After September 1st - shotgun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

or a catapult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

the place is too public for a shotgun :mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Put a lump of bread on your line and reel em in!

(Joke. Thats probably ilegal.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

There isn't a lot you can do really. Not legally anyway. No point hurling stones at them or anything. If you keep the bait out of their reach and don't feed when they can get to it they will get bored and move off.

Once they aren't diving to the floor and reaching the bait they wont put the fish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Write them a strongly worded letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

ardinn wrote: »
    Write them a strongly worded letter!

That's just a silly suggestion.

They have their letter box taped shut.

I would suggest hiring a crew of delinquent seagulls to hassle them off their patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Strangely enough there is seagulls around during the day. I seen them takin roach last week. I might ask them to hang around for a few hours in the evening and guard my waggler from the ducks, there'll be a loaf of brennans in it for them!!

Advertisement