Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill

Options
  • 10-08-2015 12:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Hi, long story here so please bare with me.

Me and my partner moved in together in 2013. We were paying our bill on time and it was fine. We decided we wanted a pre pay meter for convenience. When we rang to ask for a meter we were told that we had to be in arrears to get one, so were told on the phone by electric Ireland to not pay a bill or two. Seemed strange but we agreed to it.
    We were waiting almost 5 months for the meter to be installed, all the while we kept getting bigger bills and letters, each time we rang an said we were waiting on a meter we were told to ignore the bills an letters. Eventually the meter was installed and all was well again,we topped up and the bill was going down a bit every week.
    Fast foward to Nov 14 an we moved house, rang electric Ireland to get the pre pay meter installed in our new house but wer told that we could not get a pre pay meter in our new house due to there being a day/night meter or something. We were told that we must now pay all arrears in full, I tried to explain that it was impossible, I tried to set up a payment plan where we could pay something off it every week but this was refused several times. I just kept getting the same "you need to pay in full now!". 
    We just kept paying off 20 euros every week as this is all we could afford. Despite our efforts to pay it off we received a phone call almost every day saying we need to pay in full. I have asked at least 10 times for a bill to be sent out yet we still havnt received one. 8 months without recieving 1 bill?
    Despite us paying 20 euros every single week since November, and getting the bill down a bit, we received a letter this morning saying if we didn't pay our bill in full (317 euros) in 5 days we would be disconnected.

So basically I want ye to send me a bill, surley I am supposed to get at least 1 bill in nearly 9 months.
    And I want to know why wont ye accept a payment plan as we have stated many times we do not have 300 euros but we will continue to pay 20 euros per week to get it down.
    I have a small baby in the house an we cannot have or electricity disconnected. This is causing us so much stress, we need to sort something out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ComfortKid,

Thanks for your post.

So that we can look this for you, can you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Thanks,
    David

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Sent on those details Dave, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks ComfortKid, we'll look into this for you as soon as we can.

Regards,
    David

Thanks ComfortKid, we'll look into this for you as soon as we can.

Do please, as I said we cannot get disconnected as we have a baby in the house. We are trying our best and paying 20euros every week. It was ye who suggested we build up the debt in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ComfortKid,

We have received your private message and will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

No bill today either so our 5 days will be up on Monday.

Am I not entitled, by law to receive a bill? We pay 160 per 2 months yet the bill never seems to go down? I doubt very much our usage is 160 per two months?
    Basically we are paying ye blindy without a clue as to what we are using. Ye say ye have the wrong address yet we got plenty of threatening letters with the correct address. This needs sorting, I'm sick of the "we are sorry, we will send out the bill now" im hearing this for 9 months now an still no bill! Can ye call me today please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi again ComfortKid,

We can't discuss any details of your account on the Talk to forum for your account security. However, we have received your private message and responded to your query.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Aoife you said to me via PM last week that there would be no charge to switch back to a standard meter from a day/night meter?

Your colleague David PMd me the very next day saying it's 194 euros.

Which is it?

And I still haven't received a bill! 10months this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi comfortkid,

Apologies for the confusion. To change from a Standard meter to a Dual Tariff meter there is no cost. If there is Night Storage meter at the property a cost of €194.04 would be applied.

The cost would also apply to simply remove the Night Storage meter from the property and revert to a Standard meter.

Should you have a Dual Tariff meter at the property and are switching to a Standard meter than the cost of €194.04 would also apply.

In relation to your second query we can look into this for you via private message.

Thank you,
    Brige

Advertisement