Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Schools in Lucan

Options
  • 10-08-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Only recently moved to Lucan earlier this year and have a young son. Its a bit of a way off but I was wondering what the general consensus on secondary schools is in terms of best ones to enlist in? We live in Esker Manor. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

All my lads have went to Colaiste Padraig.

www.colaistephadraiglucan.ie/

Never had any issue or problems with the school.
    Two of my lads have finished -
    The remaining lad is going into 2nd year - I met with the new principal Mr. Brady to go through the new Junior Cert Maths
    curriculum. Very approachable and I got the impression that he is passionate about the students performance and welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

Hi,
    My eldest has just gone into 2nd year in Colaiste Phadraig. He has learning difficulties and is really well looked after at this school.
    I'm trying to decide which secondary school to send my youngest to. I know that most people in his school will be going to LCC but because he'd have his brother in CP maybe I should send him there. I'll probably apply to both and make a decision closer to the time.

We had looked into Adamstown too. I enquired about how they would support my sons dyslexia and aspergers and I was told, in person, by the principal that "you don't get any support at second level for that" We've had to battle for every support for him in Irish primary schools. I really didn't have the energy to do another 6 years of battling so was really impressed by Colaiste Phadraig.

Advertisement