Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limousine and/hackney licensing for chauffeur start-up

Options
  • 10-08-2015 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello, I have been thinking of setting up a chauffeur/taxi business. I have been in talks with a hotel who said they would give me their taxi work which is all airport runs (30 miles minimum, few times a week there would be 150+ miles runs to further airports). I've always wanted to set up my own business for wedding cars and I think this would be a good start up as it would guarantee a consistent source of income until my business grows into other areas. I'm wondering what kind of licence is needed for this kind of work? Would be regarded as hackney or would it pass as limousine? And if so what's involved in getting these licences, cannot find mich useful information or any contact numbers online. I would be hoping for a 2010 s320 Mercedes, but seeing as I'm 24 in October I think my age might go against me for this size car, would anyone know much about the insurance involved? Thank you, any help greatly appreciated ðŸ‘

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

You should do a SYOB course. If you don’t , you should do your own homework, put a few figures together - it’s a good learning experience - and then come here for comment on the viability of your plan. If you are not prepared to do the very basic groundwork yourself, you have no hope in business.

Advertisement