Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Outages, Tech Assistance a joke

Options
  • 10-08-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Where do I stand on refusing to pay my next bell due to 3+ weeks of daily interruptions to service? Tech Assistances' only solution is to reduce speed, which is now at 12 Mb/s. I added TV last month and a previously acceptable internet has now degenerated into a farce.

Does Eircom have a service level agreements re their internet / TV package and if so, does it allow for compensation to the customer if the level is not met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Where do I stand on refusing to pay my next bell due to 3+ weeks of daily interruptions to service?  Tech Assistances' only solution is to reduce speed, which is now at 12 Mb/s.  I added TV last month and a previously acceptable internet has now degenerated into a farce.

Does Eircom have a service level agreements re their internet / TV package and if so, does it allow for compensation to the customer if the level is not met?
    Hi markjbloggs

There is no service level agreement for broadband & TV although there is indeed for a phone line. If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I'll look in to this further in detail for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Where do I stand on refusing to pay my next bell due to 3+ weeks of daily interruptions to service?  Tech Assistances' only solution is to reduce speed, which is now at 12 Mb/s.  I added TV last month and a previously acceptable internet has now degenerated into a farce.

Hi markjbloggs

There is no service level agreement for broadband & TV although there is indeed for a phone line. If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I'll look in to this further in detail for you.

Thanks
    Al

Al,

account # is <snip>.  After I sent the opening message, the line died completely.  4 days later (today) a tech finally showed up and fixed the issue.  Now, tonight Thursday, there is a new problem - TV not working, internet OK (but very slow - 15Mb/sec). 

Effectively, I have been without reliable bradband service for about 1 month now - your staement regarding service level agreement applying to phone line only is very concerning.  Theoritically, Eircom could kep a line open to my house for 18 months without supplying broadband and still meet the terms of this contract.

I ask again - can I get out of this contract?  If not, what compensation will eircom provide for a months n0n-service?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear of the recent technical issues, how is service now and have you contacted technical support? Ultimately you will need to log an official complaint and request removal of your contract or credit for disruption of service as such a decision will involve investigations by eircom complaints team.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]You can log a complaint online here: https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp or by letter to[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I notice the account is not in your name so it's important to note that the complaint comes from the account holder
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

The fun never stops

- no reply to complaint sent to Customer Complaints last week
     - internet out again the past 2 nights, at approx the same time.

I just want out of this contract, I need reliable internet and I can never see this happening with Eircom.

Dan anyone reccomend an alternative?

M

The fun never stops

- no reply to complaint sent to Customer Complaints last week
     - internet out again the past 2 nights, at approx the same time.

I just want out of this contract, I need reliable internet and I can never see this happening with Eircom.

Dan anyone reccomend an alternative?

M
    Hi markjbloggs

I'm sorry to hear this however the advised response time frame to an official complaint is up to 10 working days.

Unfortunately I cannot rule on your contract and such requests must be made to cancellations and any subsequent appeals to the complaints team. If you would like me to check the status of your complaint please PM me your eircom account number.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

hello Alan,

another fault logged tonight, slow speed on TV and internet for the pas week.  Your support people are very slow to respond and have not answered my question regarding contract cancellation.

This issue has been going on now for 6 weeks - anybody who reads these Boards.ie threads and considers signing up with Eircom can only blame themselves if they go ahead. 

The whole situation is farcical - is Eircom in meltdown, or is the equipment just not up to the job???????

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

hello Alan,

another fault logged tonight, slow speed on TV and internet for the pas week.  Your support people are very slow to respond and have not answered my question regarding contract cancellation.

This issue has been going on now for 6 weeks - anybody who reads these Boards.ie threads and considers signing up with Eircom can only blame themselves if they go ahead. 

The whole situation is farcical - is Eircom in meltdown, or is the equipment just not up to the job???????

M
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Markjbloggs, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The support team would need to investigate this for you, they have the systems to carry out in depth testing for you. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The support team would not be able to comment about the contract cancellation, this has be logged with the formal complaints team. They'll investigate this and a resolution will be met. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for all inconvenience caused, I understand this is frustrating. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

you guys just go from bad to worse :-

1. I have had no contact from either Tech Support or Customer service since I logged the last fault (Aug 31st)

2. I have had no reply to my question regarding contract cancellation.

3. My last bill was supposed to have a 15 Euro discount. Instead I have been charged double what I normally pay for the month of August. Added items include :
    - Plan and Add on Charges €37.40
    - Service and connection charges €6.86
    - Your calls(out of bundle) €9.22

I never asked for any of these - What is going on here? This goes beyond mere incompetence.

And still I get a service fault every night from 7-9pm.

Can anyone else suggest how to escalate these issues beyond Eircom? I feel I am being taken for a fool by them - is there a regulator that these guys are answerable to?

please help get me away from these morons,

M

Ha ha ha.

I have just checked my itemised bill - Eircom have charged me for the calls I made to their service department to report faults to there service. 

You could not make this up !!!!!!!

After almost 3 weeks without a major problem, download speed is approx 3 MB/sec this evening.  Anyone else having problems?  Located in south Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement