Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student looking for good gym!

Options
  • 10-08-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Any advice on what a decent, cheap, cheerful gym would be for me? (Preferably with a gym if possible!)

I live in Blackrock and work in Sandyford.. Newpark would be extremely handy but don't do a student rate that isn't a yearly, Anytime Fitness Deansgrange also handy but no pool, Blue Pool is local enough too but bad opening hours, Ben Dunne Sandyford is so cheap and would be handy from work but no pool, been in Westwood Leopardstown before which is amazing but really expensive....

Any advice or other suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There are a good few gyms in blackrock: https://www.google.ie/maps/search/gym+blackrock/@53.2992715,-6.1788003,16.25z

You have a lot of requirements I dont think you'll fill them all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Most places with a pool are probably going to be pricey I would say.
    TNT in Blackrock do a student rate but again no pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I would have thought the Blue Pool was the right one...the gym opens at 6.30 a.m. and closes at 10p.m. And it is really cheap, pay at the door.

http://dlrleisure.ie/centres/monkstown/monkstown-gym/

The pool is more restricted in hours because of classes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I love Ben Dunne in Beacon up in Sandyford as between 10 and 4.30 during the day it's very quiet which really suits me I only use the cardio machines while I'm on sick leave. So if you're generally going up during the day, its very handy.

Given the amount of professionals living up there and working 9-5 it's only really jammed pre 8.30 and between 5 and 7.30.

As you mentioned though, no pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Again no pool, but body health and fitness have an excellent little gym, but more geared up for personal training.

www.bhaf.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement