Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to America

Options
  • 10-08-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I am looking for some help.
    Myself and my husband are looking into moving to America with out two children.
    I can't get my head around the visa process it seems to be fairly hard.
    My husband is a qualified electrician,
    But right now he is working in Microsoft as a senior critical environment technician. There are no job openings through his company so we thought we would look into doing it ourselves.
    Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction, my head is melted.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Virtually impossible. Microsoft would be your best bet BY FAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

If your husband has enough skills or has a needed speciality, then MS is your best best to get the L1 visa (inter-company transfer) good for 5 (or 7 ) years and in many cases lead to permanent status. The process is completely managed by the company.

Aside from the Green Card lottery, there is no other "self sponsoring" visa - it all has to be done by a US company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

As the others have said, you cannot do it yourself, unless you man entering the diversity visa lottery.
    Work visas for the type of work your husband does are all sponsored by a company, and Microsoft is definitely your best option.

Advertisement