Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Valley Park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Love the way nearly all the comments under Terry's tweet are calling him out for the bluffer that he is :D

Some neck on him to try and claim credit for it. Does he think the electorate are all dopes or what?

https://twitter.com/carfreecork/status/1261408850298765312?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Shannon is some bluffer. He repeatedly fought to block this and here he is taking the credit. Do people actually believe his nonsense?

I think most people don't pay any attention. You can see journalists happy to regurgitate the "Reimagine Cork" spin without any really critique. Probably afraid to upset any relationships and lose their inside access.

These small changes they've made will be reversed by Autumn and cllrs and traders will use the post COVID economy as an excuse to halt any additional measures for the coming years.

It should be a bigger story that public transport capacity has been destroyed and the only response from Cork city council is to pedestrianise a few small streets and say people will take their cars instead . How are people supposed to get around when workers, schools and colleges come back when things reopen. Where are people going to get the money for cars and where the hell do we plan on parking them in the city? How bad will congestion be if this is the plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

User142 wrote: »
    I think most people don't pay any attention. You can see journalists happy to regurgitate the "Reimagine Cork" spin without any really critique. Probably afraid to upset any relationships and lose their inside access.

These small changes they've made will be reversed by Autumn and cllrs and traders will use the post COVID economy as an excuse to halt any additional measures for the coming years.

It should be a bigger story that public transport capacity has been destroyed and the only response from Cork city council is to pedestrianise a few small streets and say people will take their cars instead . How are people supposed to get around when workers, schools and colleges come back when things reopen. Where are people going to get the money for cars and where the hell do we plan on parking them in the city? How bad will congestion be if this is the plan...

It will be interesting to see what happens in a few months. I imagine that people will be reluctant to go back to public transport as you are in such close proximity to people...

A rise in car sales was seen in Wuhan after the lockdown ended, it will be interesting to see what happens in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

User142 wrote: »

It's going to be awful. Large numbers of people don't have access to cars. In the 2016 census a sizeable number of households in the city indicated they had no car. And the response from the City Hall is :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

It's going to be awful. Large numbers of people don't have access to cars. In the 2016 census a sizeable number of households in the city indicated they had no car. And the response from the City Hall is :confused:

One things for sure. Half moon ain't opening.

They are already backtracking on their crap commitments to pedestrians which friendly journalists used to give them headlines last week....

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1261998137977249793

• Advertisement

City Hall are known for taking absolutely no input from residents living in the centre - of which there are 1000's without a private vehicle as you rightly say.

Management need to take a long, hard look at what they're proposing.

It's going to be a complete mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

The infamous culvert in TVP that could not be used to provide access to the Black Ash car park as it's too dangerous.

515713.jpg

Strangely this path which has a much longer culvert is totally fine however!

515714.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

opus wrote: »
    The infamous culvert in TVP that could not be used to provide access to the Black Ash car park as it's too dangerous.

515713.jpg

Strangely this path which has a much longer culvert is totally fine however!
    Well i wouldnt say its totally fine, i used in regularly a few years back and most of the bulbs had blown and they would not maintain it, its a really long stretch to be in the dark.

I think the other one is far larger in terms of width and head height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

How many council employees does it take to change a light bulb?

:rolleyes:

Jibe directed at Council, not directed at Outkast....just to be clear...

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »

I have never seen such a hullabaloo made over the unlocking of a gate.

Footpaths and cycle lanes all over town are parked in on a daily basis. They only use safety concerns as an excuse when it suits them.

Well looks like we won't be seeing that entrance anytime soon :(

https://twitter.com/sendboyle/status/1292929215487258624

https://twitter.com/IBIKECork/status/1292710994322632704?s=19

Come along to this on Sunday, should be interesting.

Complete BS that we're still waiting for the gate to be unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

https://twitter.com/IBIKECork/status/1292710994322632704?s=19

Come along to this on Sunday, should be interesting.

Complete BS that we're still waiting for the gate to be unlocked.

Wheres Shalom Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Wheres Shalom Park?

Near Albert road and across from modern tyres.

The saga continues...

https://twitter.com/echolivecork/status/1294216667648741377?s=19

Summer 2021 at the earliest for the gate on Half Moon Lane to be open.

Even Christ the King chime in:

https://twitter.com/christkingss/status/1294350619604590594?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I wonder would we be in a different position with an elected mayor, there seems to be no accountability to the people in City Hall. How are other councils getting things done so fast?

Terry Shannon has offered a personal favour to the principal of Christ King for a key... You couldn't make this stuff up. Meanwhile stating the entrance is dangerous and keeping the general public locked out.

https://twitter.com/TerryTshannon/status/1294336932013629443?s=19

Terry is the definition of parish pump politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

TheChizler wrote: »
    I wonder would we be in a different position with an elected mayor, there seems to be no accountability to the people in City Hall. How are other councils getting things done so fast?

We'd be giving out about graft and cronyism, instead of incompetence and cronyism.

Terry Shannon has offered a personal favour to the principal of Christ King for a key... You couldn't make this stuff up. Meanwhile stating the entrance is dangerous and keeping the general public locked out.

Terry is the definition of parish pump politics.

It would appear others have 'private access' also, this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

https://twitter.com/IBIKECork/status/1295015261783953409

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Private access to the park for the select few organised by the shower in City Hall while the general public can like it or lump it. Cronyism is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Already done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

I think it's fair to say that this is the most impressively over-engineered solution to opening a gate that I have ever seen.

It's the most cycle and pedestrian friendly design I've ever seen Cork City Council attempt on a normal road: raised tables, road narrowing, gulley removal, calming chicanes, rumble strips - you name it! I'm not complaining, I just wish they spent a fraction of that effort on their dedicated pedestrian and cycle infrastructure elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I think it's fair to say that this is the most impressively over-engineered solution to opening a gate that I have ever seen.

I know, particularly as I'm sure Terry would give you a key if you DM him on Twitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's the most cycle and pedestrian friendly design I've ever seen Cork City Council attempt on a normal road: raised tables, road narrowing, gulley removal, calming chicanes, rumble strips - you name it! I'm not complaining, I just wish they spent a fraction of that effort on their dedicated pedestrian and cycle infrastructure elsewhere!

On a cul de sac no less.

Needless to say it's next year (as it's always been it seems)!
    CONSTRUCTION works on the pedestrian entrance to Tramore Valley Park from Half Moon Lane won’t be under way until the end of the first quarter of 2021 at the earliest.

Long-awaited works on park access won’t start until next year

Was in the park today, first time in months and was pleasantly surprised with how popular and busy it was. I think all those saplings will look great in a few years. Pedestrian access obviously still the big problem and unfinished paths in this weather.

1 thing its sorely missing is a playground, the outdoor gym has become the playground which would actually stop people who would use it from using it.

In the next decade it will mature into a great amenity

• Advertisement

I'd love to access it within my 5km limit but that damn gate on Half Moon Lane is still locked..

Advertisement