Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitten under the bonnet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

What a gorgeous chap he is. I bet he's gonna be a big strong fella, judging by those paws.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

What a gorgeous chap he is. I bet he's gonna be a big strong fella, judging by those paws.:D

Yeah, when I saw these paws I thought as much. He'll be a real Cookie MONSTER! :D

He is already growing fast, almost as big as the grown-up cats of my neighbour. And boy, does he eat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Carry wrote: »
    Yeah, when I saw these paws I thought as much. He'll be a real Cookie MONSTER! :D

He is already growing fast, almost as big as the grown-up cats of my neighbour. And boy, does he eat!

They certainly put away the food at that age. It wouldn't do any harm to get some Parazole wormer from your vet for him. Kittens often have worms and that's make him very hungry too. He reminds me of the foster kitten we had a few years ago, the people who adopted her sent me a photo of her a year after they adopted her and I didn't recognise her at first, because she'd gotten so big. :D

They certainly put away the food at that age. It wouldn't do any harm to get some Parazole wormer from your vet for him. Kittens often have worms and that's make him very hungry too. He reminds me of the foster kitten we had a few years ago, the people who adopted her sent me a photo of her a year after they adopted her and I didn't recognise her at first, because she'd gotten so big. :D

Thanks FelineOverLord (what an apt name!), will do that.

Cookie reminded me by the way of my old cat (a big black and white one, too) who came with the house. The owner only wanted to sell it to someone who would look after the cat and was accepted by the cat.
    To say "no problem" would be an understatement - I think I bought the house because of the cat, at least she was a major buying point for me. And the cat came up to me at my very first viewing, cuddled up and so the sale was settled. Never mind the pitfalls of the house as such ... :rolleyes:

She is buried behind the house (no pictures, that was a time before I could afford a digital camera). Cookie looks like the second coming or so :D

The cookie monster cat is more monster than cookie by now :).
    He grew big and confident and very much in charge of the territory.

And yes, he is a charmer. He even managed to charm the paws off my dog!
    My dog is smitten with the cat, after much barking, hissing and staring contests. And the cat is fascinated by the dog and catty clever to know how to play my doggie.

Now the two of them are almost best buddies - the dog sniffing the cat with the usual doggy affection (it took some time until the cat understood his sniffing language), the cat rolling over and boxing playfully the dog on the head, the two of them do the catch-me-if-you-can-game (which the cat wins, of course), without hurting each other (I am still supervising).

Hell, the dog is even pining for the cat if he is not around :rolleyes:.

Lately the cat has this new idea of following me and the dog on our daily walks, if it's not raining. Pied piper anyone? It's me out on front, followed by my ever sniffing dog and behind her the cat. If the cat is not right behind us, the dog refuses to walk further: "I don't go anywhere without my cat".

It's only a question of time until the cat moves in. They are still a bit wary about the house which is the dog's place to defend, and the cat does respect it.

It's so fascinating how two animals of different races approach each other against all prejudices, how they learn and accept.

I wish humans could be like this.

Advertisement