Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone purchase question

• 10-08-2015 9:18pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads

Apologies if I'm asking the same questions as everyone else here, haven't been in this part of the forum before.

I've a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini at the minute which is on its last legs and want to upgrade to an iPhone on Vodafone prepay, and I'm looking at the 5s at present.

However, is now a bad time to upgrade, will there be new models for roughly the same price coming soon/will the current high end models (6/6+) be coming down in price with the launch of new models?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You may as well wait at this stage especially if buying on prepay. The rumour is the announcement of new phones will be Sept 9th so expect them in Ireland by the end of the month maybe. Could get a 5s for cheaper but the storage might drop down to 8gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Maybe the price will drop if a new one (6s?) comes out. But to be honest the 5s is an awesome phone with massive CPU power. I could have had a 6 with my last upgrade but deliberately went with the 5s. The 6 seems flimsy and just doesn't sit right with me. I intend to keep that 5s going for a long time (in phone time, so maybe 2 or 3 years).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Boskowski wrote: »
    Maybe the price will drop if a new one (6s?) comes out. But to be honest the 5s is an awesome phone with massive CPU power. I could have had a 6 with my last upgrade but deliberately went with the 5s. The 6 seems flimsy and just doesn't sit right with me. I intend to keep that 5s going for a long time (in phone time, so maybe 2 or 3 years).

I'm rocking a 5 now and was all set for a 6s but now reckon I'll just see if Argos have 5s refurbs come Xmas and just make the step up. All I want is Touch ID for now have it on the iPad and it's an awesome feature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Agreed Touch ID is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I would hold out until October if I were you. New iPhone's will be out then and the price of the 5s will be reduced presuming they plan on keep selling it. You may even get the 6 for a smaller price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement