Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on my build

Options
  • 10-08-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

will this play games at 1080 ultra settings ?
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    1 TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
    1 MSI Z97 GAMING 5 Sockel 1150 ATX
    1 Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866 schwarz 16GB (Kit 2 x 8GB)
    1 Cooler Master GM-Series G750M
    1 Corsair Carbide SPEC-03
    1 Intel Core i7-4790K
    1 MSI Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8GB GDDR5
    1 Kingston SSDNow V300 Bulk 240 GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah it will, motherboard, ram, cpu and gpu are all overkill so I'd say you're grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭remydegreat

happy out so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Yes have pretty much same build it will run everything on ultra.

laneooo wrote: »
    Yes have pretty much same build it will run everything on ultra.

have u the 390x,whats it like,last card i had was gtx 760

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Twould be a lot faster than a 760. Drop the 390X and grab a 390 (less than5% performance difference for a heck of a saving), and drop the i7 to an i5 non k or an i7 non k unless you plan on overclocking (in which case, grab a high end air cooler too - the Hyper 212 is too budgety in this case).

Also, I'd recommend a Crucial MX100 or Samsung EVO 250 SSD over a Kingston one.

• Advertisement

It is overkill for 1080p..
    And is loud by default the fans don't kick in till it goes over 60c but the card basically stays at 60 even under loud unless very constant heavy load so the fans do get loud but create custom fan profile in MSI Afterburner and you're sorted.
    Copy what Digital said in my thread.
    It's my first high end card as well came from a 512mb yolk can't even think of the name of it.Was shocked at first by the noise when gaming or load but now hasn't gone over 70c after running valley for an hour yesterday.

Well if you're looking to upgrade the cpu cooler I'd recommend the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 ya cant hear it at all.

laneooo wrote: »
    Well if you're looking to upgrade the cpu cooler I'd recommend the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 ya cant hear it at all.

ive the order put through already,i had the 212 before,i heard the be quiet great cooler.i was going to get 970,but the 3.5 gb issue turned me off,i know 99 percent of time its not a issue,but games will only start using more vram in the future

ive the order put through already,i had the 212 before,i heard the be quiet great cooler.i was going to get 970,but the 3.5 gb issue turned me off,i know 99 percent of time its not a issue,but games will only start using more vram in the future
    Yeah same as me the 3.5gb issue turned me off as well especially when DX12 is coming don't know what to expect but i think most review's i have seen the r9 390 (non x) fulls in front of the 970 so...

Advertisement