Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 10/08/2015 *Spoilers*

• 10-08-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭

Arrow star Stephen Amell is on Raw tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Also
    Daniel Bryan
    returns tonight :D
    Could be worth staying up for tonight maybe:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine if they hadn't advertised Stephen Amell. But just had the voice come over speakers/titantron "Cody Rhodes! You have failed this city!" Or even could've done that last week, threatening to get him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Christ, this is cringe from Rollins. Maybe it's supposed to be though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rollins is quality. Such a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Rollins :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ah, Owens was buried there by Orton.

"Put on any weight lately?"

".....no."

Team PCB.

Lot of thought went into that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

J. Marston wrote: »
    Team PCB.

Lot of thought went into that....

About as much thought as went into this whole "diva revolution" thing...

"She can't come up with her own stuff."

Meow.

Bah gawd Brie bella is over with this crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

LOL at the lads in the crowd trying to get a "this is awesome " chant going for that. :pac:

"That's Mirakuru right there." Woods is great.

Sounds like crowds are actually getting behind New Day now. Hopefully WWE don't ruin them by tweaking it.

Love big e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE. Because who cares about establishing new stars or having fresh match ups.

Lets just do the same matches 1000000 times, be grand.

Sigh.

So they picked the least interesting option with Orton winning instead of Owens/Cesaro, and they wonder why they can't make stars. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Well they already have Cesaro vs Owens scheduled you'd think. Sheamus is concussed so Orton was the obvious pick. Great match too by the way, pacing was very good.

Nice hype promo for Brock v taker. Can't wait for the rematch

Well they already have Cesaro vs Owens scheduled you'd think. Sheamus is concussed so Orton was the obvious pick. Great match too by the way, pacing was very good.

Aye, true, its just Rollins v Orton has been done so often.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh Big Show?

Bye Raw.

Amell can jump.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I enjoyed that.

Didn't mind Orton getting the title shot, since by the end of the night, it was something which finally gave him and Sheamus something to feud about. The two of them needed something more than "I don't like you", and now have something to cut promos on for the next two or three weeks. Meanwhile, Cesaro hasn't just taken the ball and run with it, he's slam dunking balls for fun. His transformation over the last few weeks has been outstanding, and him and Owens are a great pairing.

Meanwhile, all the Amell stuff had me so happy. Big Arrow fan, so thrilled to see him get involved, and you can tell he's a genuine fan who wants to throw himself into things. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on at Summerslam.

The Bryan/Ryback/Miz/Show segment was very good. Divas match was grand, though I worry having the same matches week in, week out is having diminishing returns set in quickly. But overall, it was a good Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a fun show. The triple threat match was enjoyable and while I wanted Cesaro to win, Orton was the more sensible option. (Anyone catch that line about Owen's weight from Orton? That had to be a Vince call. I wonder if Owens knew that was coming)

I don't watch Arrow so I don't know much about Amell but I was impressed with his athleticism in getting in the ring. That was pretty cool. I'm fine with celebrity involvement in a mid-card feud like this. I was disappointed though that Barrett looked such an afterthought. I really hope they ditch this King gimmick soon.

The main event finish you could see coming but it was fine.

New Day are starting to get over now as a babyface act and it's not surprising as they are brimming with personality. They might be my favourite act right now besides Brock and Heyman.

All in all, a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Team PCB didn't do themselves any favours on guest commentary for me Becky came across bored and uninterested Charlotte was painful to listen and Paige well was just bland going by the numbers.

Seth was so funny and awesome.

Amell can't act to save his life but he is just such a good guy outside of acting it's hard not to like him and I think he will great in with everything he does here.

The New Day are getting over I wait for the WWE to fcuk it up now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was disappointed though that Barrett looked such an afterthought. I really hope they ditch this King gimmick soon.

The original plan was rumored to be Stardust vs Amell, and then seemed to get changed to Stardust vs Neville (w/Amell). I wonder was there some confusion over if he would be allowed do the match, they worked ahead on the basis he couldn't, then he got the all clear for a tag match, so they just threw Barrett in randomly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barrett has gone from King to an afterthought Jester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Surprised at how positive people were to this show. I got bored and went to bed halfway through. Really not feeling the product right now, I think the constant buzzwords and CONSTANTLY reminding us about Cena and Taker v Lesnar is so grating.

Amell looked very impressive though. Excellent celebrity appearance.

Sheamus looked like an absolute tool during that cash in, Orton either missed his cue or just decided to **** around with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cesaro is a god. Flying around that ring effortlessly, the spot where he was sent into the ropes for a pop up power bomb and flipped over them and landed on his feet was beautiful. He's unreal. Was great to hear the Cesaro Section being recognised, also spotted a sign for a fast food outlet that said Sbarro Section, kinda funny. Owens is a smug prick and so is Rollins, two great acts.

New Days individual walks as they emerge are comedy gold. Big E's facials and jiving and Wood's loud mouth. But it's Kofi's rotator clap especially cracks me up.

8v8brP4.gif

Divas revolution still has me interested and is enjoyable. Are Team BAD and Team Bella heel or tweeners though? Brie seems to be face anyway. They quickly dropped the Submission Sorority thing on the quiet didn't they? PCB is sh*t. Tap-out Sisters could've been better or Generation NXT.

Miz TV segment was decent as well and nicely sets up the IC title match. Miz is great. Big Show responding to the ''please retire'' chant was very good when he said find someone to retire me so! Still hate him.

Never have seen Arrow but Steven Amell looked cool getting into the ring. Barrett has fallen so far it's unreal, he's defo the odd man out in this. Neville has done great for himself.

Anyone else find it odd that they're doing a Smackdown style main event tag match for Summerslam with Reigns and Ambrose vs Wyatt and Harper. Little bit odd booking for my money given it's an A level PPV. I'd love it to be a street fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Amell's the first non professional fighting celeb that I'm confident can deliver in a match. Good job Roy is now Arsenal in the series or he might've turned up to attack Neville for using Red Arrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Team PCB didn't do themselves any favours on guest commentary for me Becky came across bored and uninterested Charlotte was painful to listen and Paige well was just bland going by the numbers.

The only thing I can think of is that Becky and Charlotte were maybe ribbed for what happened on Smackdown someone backstage told them not to talk under any circumstances. Then when they got out there Vince or someone got announcers to feed them questions.

Or both were nervous and ****e.

• Advertisement

Q9U1MQs.jpg

Summer Lana <3

Advertisement