Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about CAO

• 10-08-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I did my leaving cert a year ago and didn't go in september 2014. Then i reapplied for a different course to what i had in 2014. i checked the cao website a few minutes ago and found that the round zero offers had been made and ended on 06/08/15, 4 days ago. Just wondering, was I eligible to have received an offer in that round? i didnt know tit existed. can i still accept one of my offers the next time they are made (17th-24th August)?

thanks for replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I don't think you would have been eligible actually, because let's say you have 470 points -- what if the other applicants all end up with 475? They can't offer it til everyone knows how they did. I'm pretty sure it's just for people who deferred courses. So you should be able to accept it next week with no problems if you have the points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CAOquestionguy

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Hello, I did my leaving cert a year ago and didn't go in september 2014. Then i reapplied for a different course to what i had in 2014. i checked the cao website a few minutes ago and found that the round zero offers had been made and ended on 06/08/15, 4 days ago. Just wondering, was I eligible to have received an offer in that round? i didnt know tit existed. can i still accept one of my offers the next time they are made (17th-24th August)?

thanks for replies

Afaik round zero is only for mature students or courses where points don't come into play. As per the above post they'll need to wait for the results of every applicant for a normal CAO course before they can allocate the places based on points.

I'm in the same boat, 7 days seems like a long time when you're not waiting for results on Wednesday!

Advertisement