Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing For Youtube

Options
  • 10-08-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has asked me to help him create a video for Youtube. Me stupidly thinking it would be straight forward said no problem. Fast forward to tonight, I have been trying to do this, but with very little success.

What I'm looking to do is to create an intro video from an image with an audio backing track, then stitch this together with a load of other small clips.

Firstly, I tried Windows Movie Maker, this was straightforward way to create what I needed. I was able to create the intro clip and stitch together all the other videos - unfortunately, the end result looked a mess - there must be some compression of the video's, because they looked rubbish.

Then I tried avidemux and followed some instructions here - http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:create_video_from_still_image_and_from_audio_file#avidemux_only

That didn't work either - the program just keeps crashing anytime I try to do anything, despite it being recommended online.

Has anyone got any suggestions or tools I could use to do what I want? It's important that the videos remain hi-res and don't end up with sh1tty artefacts or noise because of compression.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Aftereffects and youtube tutorials will show you the way

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GoingBonkers

Adobe Premiere Pro and youtube tutorials. I would totally not go to the piratebay and download adobe premiere pro without paying 500 dollars. Because that would be stealing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 acemaster

youtube tutorials

Advertisement