Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development Plans for Seatown Rd / Chapel Lane / St Collumcilles Drive, Swords

Options
  • 10-08-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Does anybody know what is planned for Seatown Road / Chapel Lane / St Collumcilles Drive in Swords?

20+ sales closed in June for houses on those roads. All similar prices and all adjacent to each other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Here's a link to to a property price register search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

It wasnt 20 plus individual sales. They were offered as a job lot at 4.8m. Zoned MC according to the estate agent website. Though 15 of them are occupied. Given the location to the co co offices one would have to assume the council picked them up over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Why are they all dated 18 June 2015 for the date of sale so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Why are they all dated 18 June 2015 for the date of sale so?

Huh? Cos that was the date they sold......as a job lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Residential-Investment-Opportunity---20x-Houses-Seatown-Road-St-Colmcilles-Drive-Swords-Town-Ce-Swords-Co-Dublin/218666/

(Hope it works now)

Interesting to see what comes from this. Job lot at 4.3 million..... MC means Major Town Development...... What'll that mean in the long term. Fingal offices are big enough. Bit expensive to be just extra car parking facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Thanks for the info. Would be interesting to know who bought them originally and then in June. Originally, did the buyer go knocking on doors or was it the original developer. I wonder what the long term plans are. A little the wiser know anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Page 29 of this Swords Castle Masterplan shows Offices/Retail units. Although the rest of the document shows the existing houses. I'm sure I've seen something about this before but can't find anything on the Fingal Website.

http://www.fingal.ie/media/re%20-%20Swords%20Masterplan_DRAFT_A_Rev17%20_13042015.pdf

On a side note, the Fingal Planning Website is quite poor for Civil projects and even their own buildings Works!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

There is a for sale sign up on 21 St Colmcille's Drive.

That property was sold on 18th June '15 for €233,846 (property price register) and now has an asking price of €280,000 (Flynn Auctioneers).

If you look at the map above, there was 4 properties in that block not included in the sale (of the lot). To redevelop the site, the purchaser in June would have to buy the other 4 properties to have a clear site.

There are other properties, which were part of that lot sale in June '15, in Seatown Road which are boarded up and are an eyesore; one has fire damage.

The plan must be sell off the properties individually.

I read on last week's North County Leader that Fingal County Council owned 1 unit in that block.

My quasi Brother in Law. (Girlfriends, Sisters Husband) Lives in Seatown villa's and keeps up to date with all things Swords village. [Speculation]He is almost 100% sure that ADLI are preparing a planning submission.[/Speculation].

In my opinion that would be a disaster for that part of the village. It already has a busy school and through traffic (short cut to Forster Way). Sticking a Supermarket in there would be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I did a search on Fingal County Council Website.

Planning Permission was granted to Rhonellen Properties Ltd for a licenced retail convenience store with 67 parking spaces on the site adjoining the Parochial Hse (Protected Structure) on Seatown Road (Ref no. F14A/0443) in March 2015.

Planning Permission was refused to the same developer for a Mens Shed on part of the same site adjoining the landmark Parochial Hse in July '15 (Ref no. F15A/0240). I was surprised by that decision as the building was for the benefit of the community.

• Advertisement

mickmmc wrote: »
    I was surprised by that decision as the building was for the benefit of the community.

It may be planned in another area or elsewhere in the LAP. Swords Boxing Club are about to vacate the Old school buildings on North Street. (Moving to the Sluagh Hall) so it may go into there along with the old Youthreach buildings).

Advertisement