Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom order, never recieved, possible recouping of payment

Options
  • 11-08-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I paid through paypal in february for custom items from a uk company that came highly recommended by friends. i mailed in april regarding the delivery and was informed that half was completed and the rest would be finished soon after. since then despite several emails Ive heard nothing since and apparently the store owner has done this before. with it being a custom order its outside the dispute limit for paypal and i dont want to let this go as was a significant amount of money. Any suggestions on how to simply get my money back is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Try contacting them by other means, eg. send a registered letter to their registered address.
    If that fails go to the Small Claims Court. You don't need to go to the UK's SCC as you can open a case in Ireland's SCC and if you win you can request an judgement enforcement order which will be enforced on the company by the UK authorities. The Irish SCC costs €25 and is limited to clams of €2000. If the claim is higher then you might be better going to the UK's SCC (if possible) as they can deal with claims up to £10,000 or more.

Advertisement