Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing CAO options

• 11-08-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I know the CAO change of mind deadline has passed but I've had a change of heart in courses so does anyone know if id be able to call the CAO or something and change my choice or if it's not possible at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As far as I know, no. The 1st of July was the deadline and I don't think anyone can change your choices now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Oh god you're gonna give randy a nosebleed when he sees this! :P

And, no it's not possible. Hence they hammer home that 5.15pm July 1st is the absolute deadline. What's the point in having one if people could just call up whenever. Sorry that you've had a change of mind though, but nothing you can do now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 momoamir

Damn. Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

You could reapply to the CAO next year. If you really think you have made a mistake with your choice it is worth considering. A year is a very short amount of time when compared to 4 years of a course you don't like plus a related career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ah jaysus OP, will you give Randy a break,
    B05LZ52IAAA3BZQ.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

momoamir wrote: »
    I know the CAO change of mind deadline has passed but I've had a change of heart in courses so does anyone know if id be able to call the CAO or something and change my choice or if it's not possible at all.

No, because if they let you do it, they'd have to let everyone else do it. There are no exceptions, which is what is so wonderful about the CAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Ah jaysus OP, will you give Randy a break,

Establish a crowdfunding campaign for unlimited coffee and valium for Randy while he deals with this forum going into meltdown tomorrow and next Sunday night? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Establish a crowdfunding campaign for unlimited coffee and valium for Randy while he deals with this forum going into meltdown tomorrow and next Sunday night? :D

No chance of 120/80. You can hear his blood boiling already.

Eagerly anticipating the "science in NUIG is 550 points" and the arts bashing posts.

Advertisement