Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting near croke park

Options
  • 11-08-2015 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

We're a group of 5 college lads looking to rent in the croke park area. We've seen a nice place around the canal where summer hill parade and ballybough road meet up.

We've heard mixed things but distance to city centre is a big plus. 👌
    If anyone has any info or advice about the area we'd love to hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It's a rough area but like all 'rough' areas in Dublin it's blown out of all proportion. Just keep your wits about you and don't come home lashed out of it alone.

Piss off the locals and you'll have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

It's a rough area but like all 'rough' areas in Dublin it's blown out of all proportion. Just keep your wits about you and don't come home lashed out of it alone.

Piss off the locals and you'll have fun.

Thanks. Is there any sort of student population in the area ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I did rent a place for a bit down there. I wouldn't recommend the area. Personally I never ran into trouble there but I might just have been lucky. There's a very rough vibe around there and the Summerhill/Ballybough area is really grim. The area has turned into something of a rubbish dump - the council are literally out there every day collecting illegally dumped rubbish, from rubbish bags to old mattresses and couches. In my opinion, the only thing the area has going for it is the proximity to town. Go have a walk around the area during the day and at night and get a feel for it.

If you can, my advice is to look a little further along the canal to Phibsborough or over towards Stoneybatter/Smithfield, or maybe closer to Drumcondra.

cian casey wrote: »
    Thanks. Is there any sort of student population in the area ??

There's a massive student population in D3, I can't speak to the specific area you mention. D7 Stoneybatter also.

You lot are lazy sods so basically anywhere close to trinners! :pac:

Hahah this is very true, I wanted the option of rolling out of bed at half 8 for 9 ams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Clonliffe road has been populated by students for a long time.

Anyone know anything specifically about the parts closer to the canal? :)

cian casey wrote: »
    Hahah this is very true, I wanted the option of rolling out of bed at half 8 for 9 ams.

Sadly my days of sitting at the back in my dressing gown and slippers are behind me. I don't know who started it but it was a tradition I was happy to continue. Obviously I lived on Campus (Not Ireland) those were the days! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

There's very little going on around the area and that's not a bad thing at all. As others have pointed out, it's not really the nicest to look at, but I've lived in Ballybough for ten years and never once have I encountered trouble. Especially along Summerhill/Ballybough Road, I've walked home at night many times on my own and never felt afraid. Don't let the 'rough' look of it put you off as really it's very quiet.

As for student life nah there's not much going on. But you're right beside town and have access to loads of bus routes from North Strand so getting around different places won't be much of an issue.

Advertisement