Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it was originally in Portuguese, see here:

k8wWk3V.png

Where was it posted originslly?
    Twitter and Instagram only have zee engrish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Mellor wrote: »

Aldo's Facebook page

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

He had it in Portuguese on Instagram originally. That's where I saw it first anyway. Now it seems that only the English version is on Instagram.

My Portuguese friend gave me this translation:
    Idiot Irish, have you already done your antidoping or that doesn't exist there? I did mine today and want to do it again next week. What about you? Are you ready, asshole?!

Aldo's Facebook page

Obrigado ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

maximoose wrote: »
    he posted one before it saying he was finally learning english!

BS, he knows English allright! Watch any press conferences(especiallyt go big), whenever Conor starts slabbering about him Aldo was giving him daggers and was grabbing for the mic before Conor even stopped. He understands it enough, maybe not comfortable yet in speaking or just pulling an Anderson Silva.
    How many years have we been hearing about Dallas Cowboys stadium and it still hasn't happened. I think this is just another case of Dana doing what he does best - hype and promotion. I'll be shocked of Croke Park happens. Conor is probably the biggest (second biggest) draw in the UFC right down. All of his fights will have to be PPV or Fox and I just don't see that happening on Europe time. They won't isolate their biggest PPV markets.

And for how many years did we hear Dana saying he wanted more European fights, fights in Austrailia,China,Japan, etc Theres an awful lot of what he has said has came to fruition, just because they haven't pulled off Dallas yet doesn't mean they won't do Croke.
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Even Conor in recent interviews has been less vocal about croke park.

Well he does have a prior engagement at #194, let him concentrate on that before worrying about him not talking about his next fight.

They could of course always investigate a temporary stadium, away from residents so no need to worry about curfews. It was done up here in Belfast about a year ago for a Carl Frampton fight, up air with about 15k temp seats. Obviously Croke would look a spectacle to put on an event but the Fertitta bros have made a lot of correct moves with the UFC, I'm sure they'll look into all options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

If there's a UFC event in Croker within the next 5 years, I will eat my own faeces while chanting that Dana White is God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Devastator wrote: »
    BS, he knows English allright! Watch any press conferences(especiallyt go big), whenever Conor starts slabbering about him Aldo was giving him daggers and was grabbing for the mic before Conor even stopped. He understands it enough, maybe not comfortable yet in speaking or just pulling an Anderson Silva.

And for how many years did we hear Dana saying he wanted more European fights, fights in Austrailia,China,Japan, etc Theres an awful lot of what he has said has came to fruition, just because they haven't pulled off Dallas yet doesn't mean they won't do Croke.

Well he does have a prior engagement at #194, let him concentrate on that before worrying about him not talking about his next fight.

They could of course always investigate a temporary stadium, away from residents so no need to worry about curfews. It was done up here in Belfast about a year ago for a Carl Frampton fight, up air with about 15k temp seats. Obviously Croke would look a spectacle to put on an event but the Fertitta bros have made a lot of correct moves with the UFC, I'm sure they'll look into all options

Yeah cos he's been very shy about those kind of things before...

Yeah cos he's been very shy about those kind of things before...

So you are saying people can not change how they act? Ok then.

Conor said himself, I think at go big or just after, that he had already done all his talking on lead upto July's fight, so he said he's going to concentrate on the fight itself until its done.

So you are saying people can not change how they act? Ok then.

Conor said himself, I think at go big or just after, that he had already done all his talking on lead upto July's fight, so he said he's going to concentrate on the fight itself until its done.

You do realise how only last week, conor was at a press conference and was very specifically outlining what he's going to do after the Aldo fight? As in, exact names he plans to fight.

And in a scrum two weeks ago he talked about how he'll probably fight at UFC 200 in Vegas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

You do realise how only last week, conor was at a press conference and was very specifically outlining what he's going to do after the Aldo fight? As in, exact names he plans to fight.

And in a scrum two weeks ago he talked about how he'll probably fight at UFC 200 in Vegas?

Probably? If he wins that will 100% be his next fight, if Croke Park is going to happen it will be after that

• Advertisement

If you're all so good at predictions, can someone do my lottery numbers? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Croke Park is almost certainly not happening, some of ye are setting yourselves up for a major disappointment.

If you're all so good at predictions, can someone do my lottery numbers? :-)

Is right!

Discussion on McGregor's next opponent, Croke park possibility,etc, etc to be continued from December 13th onwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JokerD wrote: »
    Lots to happen before this might come to fruition but if he does beat Aldo then you'd have to think Croke Park would have to be around March as they'll surely want McGregor fighting at UFC 200 in July.

Simple solution, move UFC200 to Croker :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I don't think Croke Park will ever happen.

It's a handy bargaining chip for them, nothing more.

Maybe if McGregor turns out to be as dominant as GSP, but honestly I don't think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Swarlez wrote: »
    anyone have any idea as to how much the TUF finale tickets will be, i see they go on pre sale on wednesday, but there is no mention of price.

After the debacle that was UFC Dublin and UFC 194 ticket sales I wouldn't even wager a guess to what the UFC/ticketmaster have in mind for next wednesday's pre-sale.

Actually I will guess.....

It's a 3,200 seater arena...
    edgar v mendes main event....
    Khabib v Ferguson...
    Good card...

Tickets you would imagine would start at $50... but i dont think you need to worry about it because if the presale for 194 was anything to go by it will be next to impossible to get tickets!
    All you will get is a headache from solving robot riddles! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/646034948105850884
    https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/646035098865934336

"Tickets for UFC Fight Night: VanZant vs. Calderwood also go on sale Friday and are priced at $225, $125 and $75"
    "The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale tickets go on sale to the public Friday and at priced at $350, $250 and $150"

Aw was looking forward to going to the TUF finale, defo won't be able to afford it now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Might try and grab a $150 one for TUF, it'll be impossible but I'll give it a go.

Not too worried if I don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Last TUF finale, the most expensive tickets were $178 I believe. Obviously the much smaller arena has had an effect on the ridiculous inflation on prices. The Finale should've been in a bigger venue imo.

Not very impressed with the price bump for the PPV either. Maybe a bit hyperbole but I really fear that the UFC are at risk of ostracising certain people from attending events in the future. It would be terrible to see loyal followers being suddenly unable to justify paying so much for tickets. I know people will think that if a person can afford the trip to Vegas then the extra $50 or so for a ticket won't effect them too much but it all adds up.

I just hope that tickets prices don't keep going up. I wonder when the UFC goes to the new Las Vegas arena will they have more cheaper seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I wonder when the UFC goes to the new Las Vegas arena will they have more cheaper seats?

9v68YaU.gif?noredirect

John_D80 wrote: »
    9v68YaU.gif?noredirect

Ha, I did mean that with a hint of sarcasm because if recent pricing is anything to go by then I think I know the answer. I'm sure some events will be cheaper obviously but UFC 200 was in my mind with that comment as its the first event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Last TUF finale, the most expensive tickets were $178 I believe. Obviously the much smaller arena has had an effect on the ridiculous inflation on prices. The Finale should've been in a bigger venue imo.

Not very impressed with the price bump for the PPV either. Maybe a bit hyperbole but I really fear that the UFC are at risk of ostracising certain people from attending events in the future. It would be terrible to see loyal followers being suddenly unable to justify paying so much for tickets. I know people will think that if a person can afford the trip to Vegas then the extra $50 or so for a ticket won't effect them too much but it all adds up.

I just hope that tickets prices don't keep going up. I wonder when the UFC goes to the new Las Vegas arena will they have more cheaper seats?

Nail on the head

Ha, I did mean that with a hint of sarcasm because if recent pricing is anything to go by then I think I know the answer. I'm sure some events will be cheaper obviously but UFC 200 was in my mind with that comment as its the first event.

We can always hope mate ;-)

That was 1 of the reasons I talked myself into going to Vegas for the 1st(and probably only ever) time for 194. Also with soo many cards, often watered down nowadays, I thought this would be my only chance for an incredible event in sin city.

I wasn't planning on going to TUF anyway, mainly due to amount already spent but also want to goto 194 weigh ins and thought it could overlap.

I'm still holding out for a Joe Rogan gig on the Friday night :D and if not a bar to watch the fights

That was 1 of the reasons I talked myself into going to Vegas for the 1st(and probably only ever) time for 194. Also with soo many cards, often watered down nowadays, I thought this would be my only chance for an incredible event in sin city.

I wasn't planning on going to TUF anyway, mainly due to amount already spent but also want to goto 194 weigh ins and thought it could overlap.

I'm still holding out for a Joe Rogan gig on the Friday night :D and if not a bar to watch the fights

I don't think they'll overlap but you never know. I'll watch TUF Finale in one of the bars. Possibly RíRá in the Mandalay Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

$150 tickets will be hard to come by you'd imagine, not sure if I can justify forking out another $250.

So with the TUF finale ruled out for me, anyone up for meeting up on the Friday for pints to watch it in a bar? Could be a good laugh when the main event is cancelled on an hours notice when Frankie has to step in for Aldo the next night! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's not going to be cancelled it's going to be Edgar v Mendes for the new interim interim belt :P

• Advertisement

After the ticket flop of the last finale, I imagine they didn't want to risk a bigger stadium - given people will be stretching it with the 194 tickets alone.

Tickets haven't gone up in general though. Each event is priced independently based on what they can get. 189 was an expensive event, it took the US record from 148 (Silva v Sonnen II) after all. Bu, the very next vegas event, 191, was almost the lowest gate in over 10 years.

The new Arena isn't significantly bigger tbh. It's not going to affect ticket prices a whole lot imo. I'd expect to pay 194 ticket prices for 200, but be significantly cheaper for events after that.

Prediction
    UFC 194 will do 8.3 million gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

After the ticket flop of the last finale, I imagine they didn't want to risk a bigger stadium - given people will be stretching it with the 194 tickets alone.

That event flopped for 2 reasons.

Reactively weak card, and it was the night after 189. Total anti climax.

The TUF finale should be a primer for the big event so this one should do well. On the night before and has a great main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boyne1919

Tickets haven't gone up in general though. Each event is priced independently based on what they can get. 189 was an expensive event, it took the US record from 148 (Silva v Sonnen II) after all. Bu, the very next vegas event, 191, was almost the lowest gate in over 10 years.

The new Arena isn't significantly bigger tbh. It's not going to affect ticket prices a whole lot imo. I'd expect to pay 194 ticket prices for 200, but be significantly cheaper for events after that.

Prediction
    UFC 194 will do 8.3 million gate

I do agree with that but I still do believe it's going to become harder and harder to follow someone like McGregor if they decide to keep putting up prices per event. If they do retrieve that gate you've predicted then you could guess they'll want to beat that as well the next time. Where will it end?

To beat that again it'll be Croke Park or the new arena, if there isn't that many extra seats then the prices won't be much better. The money I spent for the Mendes fight was probably the best money I've ever spent so I've no problem in the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boyne1919

Something I would like to happen is that when the event is announced that the ticket prices are announced with it. People can decide there and then if they justify the price and plan for paying extra because going for the cheapest tickets are a big risk.

Boyne1919 wrote: »
    Something I would like to happen is that when the event is announced that the ticket prices are announced with it. People can decide there and then if they justify the price and plan for paying extra because going for the cheapest tickets are a big risk.

+1

When I booked the flights and hotel weeks ago, I didn't expect the prices to be that high, and in particular for there to be such a dearth of P5 and P6 tickets. Got sorted thank God, but many didn't.

martyos121 wrote: »
    So with the TUF finale ruled out for me, anyone up for meeting up on the Friday for pints to watch it in a bar? Could be a good laugh when the main event is cancelled on an hours notice when Frankie has to step in for Aldo the next night! :pac:

It'll be on in most places I imagine as it's not PPV. On my last trip we spent a good bit of time in that Irish pub I mentioned in the Mandalay Bay so can see us heading there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If you go to that Irish bar eat in the Burger bar next door, their sliders and burgers are class. Although last time I was so hammered after a long blackjack session of vodkas I don't remember too much however being there a few times.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That event flopped for 2 reasons.

Reactively weak card, and it was the night after 189. Total anti climax.

The TUF finale should be a primer for the big event so this one should do well. On the night before and has a great main event.
    Agree this card is much stronger but I can see why they are going for a smaller venue this time given there are 3 events that week.

Boyne1919 wrote: »
    I do agree with that but I still do believe it's going to become harder and harder to follow someone like McGregor if they decide to keep putting up prices per event. If they do retrieve that gate you've predicted then you could guess they'll want to beat that as well the next time. Where will it end?

To beat that again it'll be Croke Park or the new arena, if there isn't that many extra seats then the prices won't be much better. The money I spent for the Mendes fight was probably the best money I've ever spent so I've no problem in the product.

If you are only planning on following Mcgregor, then it's not going to be cheap regardless of ticket increases, if he keeps winning. As you'll be looking at UFC 200, and mostly vegas events past that. The same if you followed any other champion tbh. Imagine what Ronda's 3 fights would have cost in travel this year (LA, brazil, melbourne).

Anyone have an idea what the tuf finale ticket prices are, plus fees? I might chance getting the 150$ ones but won't be too heartbroken if I don't get them.

https://hotdogsandpompoms.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/december-ufc-events-tickets-on-sale-from-friday/

UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: VanZANT vs. CALDERWOOD go on sale Friday, September 25 at 12 p.m. PT and are priced at $225, $125 and $75.

PVZ - Calderwood is on fight pass only by sound of it but after seeing the card I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch this on tv nevermind goto it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Anyone have an idea what the tuf finale ticket prices are, plus fees? I might chance getting the 150$ ones but won't be too heartbroken if I don't get them.

TUF 22 Finale (FOX Sports 1):
    Fight Club Presale: Weds., Sept. 23 at 10 a.m. PT
    UFC Newsletter Presale: Thurs., Sept. 24, at 10 a.m. PT
    General public on-sale date: Fri., Sept. 25, at 10 a.m. PT
    Cost: $350, $250 and $150

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/21/9366017/ufc-fight-night-80-tuf-22-finale-tickets-for-sale-online-cosmopolitan-seats-las-vegas-mma

TUF 22 Finale (FOX Sports 1):
    Fight Club Presale: Weds., Sept. 23 at 10 a.m. PT
    UFC Newsletter Presale: Thurs., Sept. 24, at 10 a.m. PT
    General public on-sale date: Fri., Sept. 25, at 10 a.m. PT
    Cost: $350, $250 and $150

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/21/9366017/ufc-fight-night-80-tuf-22-finale-tickets-for-sale-online-cosmopolitan-seats-las-vegas-mma

Anyone plan on getting these this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Anyone plan on getting these this evening?

Schoooosh :)

The map on ticketmaster shows a standing area. Might just be an old map as no UFC there before but I don't fancy standing 5 hours and losing my spot everytime i need to pee

Cant get any :(

Got tickets for the general admission.... Not quite sure how they'll work, it'll be bedlam

In the queue for a 75 dollar ticket, didn't know they even existed, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Has to be something wrong there with the general admission option.

Going to this on my own so went for the $150 option as I didn't want to have to deal with GA if it actually happens.

The map on ticketmaster shows a standing area. Might just be an old map as no UFC there before but I don't fancy standing 5 hours and losing my spot everytime i need to pee

If you use the word pee, as a grown man, you deserve to lose your spot. ;)

keep getting no matches, so annoying, ah well not meant to be I guess.

Anyone selling 3 please let me know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement