Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No luck, gutted. :(

Bit of a long shot here, but if anyone's selling a $75 ticket, please let me know. Would consider a $150 ticket too if one's available, but a $75 would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Keep trying lads, if anything the 194 fiasco thaught us, was that ticketmaster is useless and releases tickets gradually.

Looking forward to seeing that the story with the GA tickets is, can't ever remember a combat sport event with standing tickets...testing this idea out with thousands of drunk Irish people isn't a great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Those $75 tickets will be a nightmare, standing around for 4 or 5 hours .Still some of them available but the $150 looks to be sold out.Double the price but probably worth it.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Those $75 tickets will be a nightmare, standing around for 4 or 5 hours .Still some of them available but the $150 looks to be sold out.Double the price but probably worth it.

Can't get any ticket at all, let alone a 75 which is what I'm after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I Promise you they wont be 'standing.' It's just a general map for the venue. I forgot about this until now and went on, searched for a 75 euro ticket, it came up, I bought it. Keep trying!

Chase3 wrote: »
    I Promise you they wont be 'standing.' It's just a general map for the venue. I forgot about this until now and went on, searched for a 75 euro ticket, it came up, I bought it. Keep trying!

Why isn't it giving seat numbers then? I managed to secure one on my phone, but having though about standing in a crowd of drunks for 5 hours, I thought better of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

150 ones are gone.

350 available and I'm in line for 75.

Might just go for the 75 and go in for the main card.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Why isn't it giving seat numbers then? I managed to secure one on my phone, but having though about standing in a crowd of drunks for 5 hours, I thought better of it.
    My best guess is they haven't actually planned out the full seating pattern yet. Just the number they can have. When you bring up each price, it says 'blah blah seating.' For every price.

My best guess is they haven't actually planned out the full seating pattern yet. Just the number they can have. When you bring up each price, it says 'blah blah seating.' For every price.

You could be right, I'm going to leave it yet and if they bring a map up on the site or even a seating chart, I'll see if there's any left then. Can't be arsed standing up for that length, it's bad enough doing it in Hill 16 for a couple of hours which is tiered, standing at this event will be chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They had a seating map for Invicta that they could have used.

My thinking is that the very top tier could be GA seating/standing. I cant see how they can go back now and assign seating to everyone with GA tickets.

Got offered a few on Opera browser, chrome gave nothing as usual
    Seen 350, 150 and 75 GA tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    Got offered a few on Opera browser, chrome gave nothing as usual

Is there anything to this?

califano wrote: »
    Is there anything to this?

definitely. I have only had success with chrome just after clearing cache/cookies etc. Try it and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'm surprised there is such an interest TBH considering how much the tickets ended up costing for 194. I'm happy to get drunk and watch in a bar on a big screen and maybe use the money(not spent on FN & TUF) for a grand canyon trip!

Are people saying GA is standing? That won't be the case, I've been to loads of seated GA events and it basically means there are certain areas/blocks of seats and you take whatever one you want.

I got mine on chrome without any problems.

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm surprised there is such an interest TBH considering how much the tickets ended up costing for 194. I'm happy to get drunk and watch in a bar on a big screen and maybe use the money(not spent on FN & TUF) for a grand canyon trip!

I’m not too surprised, good card in a very small arena so you’re getting very close to the action. Given the time of year I don’t think the nightlife will be near as good as the summer so I’d rather make this a fight focused trip. Having said that the Thursday card looks like a step too far to be paying money for.

Just checked and there are still a good few tickets out there so keep trying people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Theres still $75 tickets coming up. Try a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Got 75$ ones eventually, mobile worked far better for me than doing it on the laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

man only $372 available right now, foook that ! Ive enough spent already !! Ill watch up in my suite on FP

wait...boom got $75 that will do :)

Anyone buying the FN tickets for the Thursday?

Think I'll go for the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’m not too surprised, good card in a very small arena so you’re getting very close to the action. Given the time of year I don’t think the nightlife will be near as good as the summer so I’d rather make this a fight focused trip. Having said that the Thursday card looks like a step too far to be paying money for.

Just checked and there are still a good few tickets out there so keep trying people!

I've not seen the full card, obviously the main event is a really good fight but can't justify spending that much extra myself at this stage.
    Stuxnet wrote: »
    man only $372 available right now, foook that ! Ive enough spent already !! Ill watch up in my suite on FP

wait...boom got $75 that will do :)

Persistence paid off, nice one. are you going to all 3 nights?
    Anyone buying the FN tickets for the Thursday?

Think I'll go for the cheapest

Have you seen the card? :confused: If the 1 I seen is correct its full of TUF castoffs....says something if PVZ & Calderwood headlines IMO

Have you seen the card? :confused: If the 1 I seen is correct its full of TUF castoffs....says something if PVZ & Calderwood headlines IMO

Got the $50 tickets, wouldn't have paid more than that. I'm planning on proposing to Paige in the Octagon

I've not seen the full card, obviously the main event is a really good fight but can't justify spending that much extra myself at this stage.

So far:

Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson
    Joe Lauzon vs. Evan Dunham
    Ryan LaFlare vs. Mike Pierce
    Mirsad Bektic vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
    Justin Scoggins vs. Joby Sanchez
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Konstantin Erokhin

I'll be following this season of TUF and it has some good and exciting fighters in it so the additional fights from it should be decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

TUF Final, Ryan Hall vs Johnny Nunez.

You heard it here first.

(I actually have no idea tbh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Persistence paid off, nice one. are you going to all 3 nights?

Nah man, Id say straight to bed when I arrive Thursday haha, Ill be bollixed from the travel !! be fresh for friday, big day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I didn't think there was $75 tickets for the TUF finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

As someone said earlier I'd imagine the GA tickets will be the furthest tier away & like the Upper Circle in the Olympia, first come first served seating

Pulse8 wrote: »
    As someone said earlier I'd imagine the GA tickets will be the furthest tier away & like the Upper Circle in the Olympia, first come first served seating

The GA tickets have seat numbers on them for both the TUF event and the fight night

They have the actual UFC map up now. So hopefully people will stop thinking that standing tickets will ever be a thing in the UFC.

66100s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

The consensus over at the fight club forum is that is is standing. One guy got a phone from the venue telling them their GA ticket will potentially be obstructed view and does he want to pay to upgrade.

Also, GA tickets will often have seat numbers even for standing.

• Advertisement

They have the actual UFC map up now. So hopefully people will stop thinking that standing tickets will ever be a thing in the UFC.

66100s.gif

Fcuk I'm in section 201 for TUF and fight night :pac: I suppose they're only the appetiser before 194 anyway

Not even Dana is cruel enough to make people stand for 5 hours lads

Fcuk I'm in section 201 for TUF and fight night :pac: I suppose they're only the appetiser before 194 anyway

I wouldnt worry the arena is tiny. Someone posted his view from 201 for Invicta and he was right ontop of the action.

From Invicta at the same venue. Invicta-FC-13-at-The-Cosmopolitan-of-Las-Vegas_July-9_Kabik_6-753x502.jpg

Either way, standing or sitting, it's going to be an absolutely mint place to watch fights! I've often heard Joe rogan say about how the best place to watch fights in Vegas is in the Palms due to its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Arrive in Vegas Thursday - gamble, drink and watch Fight Night in a sports bar.

Friday weigh in for 194 and TUF Finale with a heap of gambling and drink involved throughout.

Saturday Main Event.

Sunday/Monday - Whatever after parties, Grand Cayon, hookers, cocaine etc. usual Vegas stuff.

Rest of December - Crawl into a ball and cancel Christmas.

Can't wait :D

Cyborg just liked my McGregor/Aldo framing jobs on Instagram....must be searching hashtags on one of'em

12020015_10153331136633962_4452064843448581593_n.jpg?oh=f62816050c3dde91d3ecc30fa5acbc19&oe=565F2345

How do yous think they'll fit the 194 weigh ins around the TUF finale?

How do yous think they'll fit the 194 weigh ins around the TUF finale?

If I remember correctly the weigh ins for 189 started at 2pm and we finished by half past. It's only bout a twenty minute stroll to the cosmopolitan after that. Easy peasy

• Advertisement

Nope, was scheduled for 4pm & closer to half'ish by the time they got going

Nope, was scheduled for 4pm & closer to half'ish by the time they got going

Yeah, they're normally around 4pm, 24 hours before the beginning of the event. I’d imagine that they’d start them earlier but I’m not sure what the NSAC rule is for what the maximum time allowed to have weigh-ins before an event, as starting them at 2pm would be 26 hours.

They will be over before the main card either way.

They will be over before the main card either way.

Wont be ideal for those with GA. Arriving in for just the main card would probably mean pretty poor seats/standing area.

The more I think of it, I reckon the GA admission probably does involve seats, but they'll cram the seats in somewhere that is a complete flat space, so it won't be tiered at all, hence the talk of restricted viewing.

I'm sure it'll be fine though. It's such a small arena I imagine all viewing points will be pretty good

I would say the GA is seated but its not assigned seating,so it will be first come first served basis.

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    The more I think of it, I reckon the GA admission probably does involve seats, but they'll cram the seats in somewhere that is a complete flat space, so it won't be tiered at all, hence the talk of restricted viewing.

I'm sure it'll be fine though. It's such a small arena I imagine all viewing points will be pretty good

I highly doubt anyone will end up sitting beyond the first row of seating if that's the case.

Sounds like you'd end up looking at the back of someones head. Unless maybe they force you to sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ga tickets are where there Muppets stand around drinking sitting on chairs watching it on tv

If your lucky you will be able to see it by the bodies standing around watching!

From the fight club forum

"I called up the concierge at the Cosmopolitan and there has been a 'miscommunication' between them and Ticketmaster. Anyone who bought a ticket in the ADA area (like myself) will automatically have their ticket type switched to a the GA standing area. The ADA tickets were not supposed to be a part of the pre sale as this is the wheelchair accessible area I believe. (I didn't know that when I got my tickets).

The $75 upgrade option is so that you can then change from GA standing to a seat. The GA standing may have an obstruction to certain areas of the octagon, if say the fight went to the floor you might not be able to see whats going on. The GA standing area is elevated and there will be screens set up all around the venue.

You have to call Ticketmaster to upgrade. "

Hate to sound like Maud Flanders but I reckon the standing area could get very messy. Especially with a load of boyos who've been on the lash for about three days straight. Myself, my Mrs, my brother and his Mrs all got the GA seats and they're both quite small so I dunno what we're going to do. Hopefully it'll be fine

For any of yous heading over that have yet to book flights, there's some great deals for multi city trips. Eg. Dublin to NYC to Vegas to Dublin for ~ 600, with 3 nights in NYC and 5 in Vegas. Definitely something to think about!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement