Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

I'm predicting it will be McGregor vs Edgar

Aldo will puss-out again

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

There may be some craic in the bars at these airport layovers.

flight 0076 belfast to newark, then flight 1583 to las vegas.

Both United Airlines.

It's the way home that's going to be bad for me :(

Well I mean, it will be worse for everyone, you're on the way home and no excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Anyone flying out Tuesday morning Dublin to jfk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

jvrk wrote: »
    Anyone flying out Tuesday morning Dublin to jfk?

I'm flying out Tuesday morning too , but flying to London, then Vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Deadst4r wrote: »
    flight 0076 belfast to newark, then flight 1583 to las vegas.

Both United Airlines.

It's the way home that's going to be bad for me :(

Well I mean, it will be worse for everyone, you're on the way home and no excitement.

How long is your total estimated traveling time(inc scratching your hole in airports)do you know?

Im going on Wed, Belfast-London-Chicago-Vegas think its about 21 hrs in total, leave here about 7am and due into Vegas about 6pm local time.

Way back is about the same except its Houston instead of Chicago. Think Im on united airlines aswell

• Advertisement

On the way there, it's about 17.5 hours (not including bus to Belfast airport or bus from Vegas to hotel)

On way home, I'm going Vegas to Chicago, Chicago to London and London to Belfast.
    It seems to be 16.5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Going out the Wednesday

Dublin - JFK - Vegas

Same on the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Dublin to Washington (stay 3 nights)
    Washington to New York (4 nights)
    New York to Vegas (arrive on the Tuesday)
    Vegas (leavebon Sunday) to JFK (6 hour layover) to Dublin

Dublin to Washington (stay 3 nights)
    Washington to New York (4 nights)
    New York to Vegas (arrive on the Tuesday)
    Vegas (leavebon Sunday) to JFK (6 hour layover) to Dublin

Quality.

Apart from leaving on the Sunday, what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Shannon Thurs 9am -> London -> Vegas Thurs 6:30pm

Same route back leaving Vegas Sunday evening

• Advertisement

On the way there, it's about 17.5 hours (not including bus to Belfast airport or bus from Vegas to hotel)

On way home, I'm going Vegas to Chicago, Chicago to London and London to Belfast.

Thats not to bad, where are you traveling from(to Belfast)?

I've ordered a shuttle bus through expedia to take me from airport to hotel in Vegas, think it was about $8 return.

Quality.

Apart from leaving on the Sunday, what time?

6 am :(
    Bit of a downer haha, but money was running low!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Tailwind or whatever it's called is your friend there. The journey home is always an hour shorter back to London

Tailwind or whatever it's called is your friend there. The journey home is always an hour shorter back to London

or could just be a difference in stopovers in airports between connecting flights....my return trip is longer because of this

Devastator wrote: »
    Thats not to bad, where are you traveling from(to Belfast)?

I've ordered a shuttle bus through expedia to take me from airport to hotel in Vegas, think it was about $8 return.

What provider are you using out of interest? This it? - https://www.expedia.com/things-to-do/shared-shuttle-mccarran-international-airport-las.a199239.activity-details

I live in South Belfast just, so pretty handy.

Wasn't sure what to do about Vegas to hotel as I haven't looked into it yet.

Was considering asking anyone on the same flight if they wanted to split a taxi/bus or whatever (with my girlfriend and I) as I am so keen to get into Vegas as soon as possible.

Anyone have any input as to what's the best option? I'm reading that it's best not to book in advance.

Its only 10/15 mins to the strip from the airport

What provider are you using out of interest? This it? - https://www.expedia.com/things-to-do/shared-shuttle-mccarran-international-airport-las.a199239.activity-details

I live in South Belfast just, so pretty handy.

Wasn't sure what to do about Vegas to hotel as I haven't looked into it yet.

Was considering asking anyone on the same flight if they wanted to split a taxi/bus or whatever (with my girlfriend and I) as I am so keen to get into Vegas as soon as possible.

Anyone have any input as to what's the best option? I'm reading that it's best not to book in advance.

Yup thats the one. I read that some taxis will rip you off by going long way round n stuff (same scare stories from every airport worldwide probably lol) so for all it costs thats why I'm doing the shuttle. I think I read it goes like every 15/30 mins

I'm just over on the Falls, so I'll probably be down in the cold outside Europa waiting for the airport bus on the Wednesday lol Not sure whether I'll be bothered walking with a suitcase though at that time of the morning(only takes me about 10 mins normally) or just get taxi, think my flight is out of the city airport so straight across westlink/m3 should be about tenner at most

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Its only 10/15 mins to the strip from the airport

If you're staying on the strip, most of the hotels are serviced by a free shuttle which runs 24hrs.

If you dont mind paying for a taxi though its shouldn't set you back any more than $30 (including tip) depending on where on the strip you are staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Has anyone read anything with regards to the amount of Irish heading over? There seemed to be more of a buzz for 189 but tickets for 194 were definitely way harder to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

dulux99 wrote: »
    Has anyone read anything with regards to the amount of Irish heading over? There seemed to be more of a buzz for 189 but tickets for 194 were definitely way harder to get

Two reasons why 189 would have more Irish than 194 could be
    1) Those who are going to America on their holidays anyway may just decide to go. Stags, J1s (myself included), holidays etc may be over there and fit in UFC 189 around their summer holidays.

2) It was in the summer so if you had no summer holidays planned you could make Vegas for a week(end) or whatever and going to the fight as your holiday.

The increasing difficulty for getting tickets for 194 could be because the card is seen as more appealing to the non-irish. McGregor is the only Irish fighter and himself and Gunni are the only SBG fighters. 189 had Seery, Pendred, McGregor and Gunni. 189 was a great card but 194 is even better too. There will still be a massive irish contingent there. Unfortunately not too many people can afford to head over twice a year and 194 is so close to Christmas too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Anyone flying out on Wednesday morning, Air Lingus to Chicago then Vegas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I suppose here makes most sense with Gunni fighting on 194.
    (click to zoom)

CRyaJTzWwAA0Y5n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Blinky McHeelhook showing some moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »
    Blinky McHeelhook showing some moves

I vaguely remember him being called that somewhere, and I just found it again:

tumblr_nulxk6tXmU1twi8v7o1_1280.jpg

Gotta love the Internet.

Or what about this one
    (clue, its not from the same time ;))

5038907666_901b453f81_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but I suppose here makes most sense with Gunni fighting on 194.
    (click to zoom)

CRyaJTzWwAA0Y5n.jpg

Two of the world's best, I'd pay to watch them roll.

Or what about this one
    (clue, its not from the same time ;))

5038907666_901b453f81_o.jpg

Is this from this trip or from when he was in Mjolnir?

Is this from this trip or from when he was in Mjolnir?

It's from SBG, back in 2010.

Devastator wrote: »
    or could just be a difference in stopovers in airports between connecting flights....my return trip is longer because of this

I said that on the assumption that the outbound and inbound journey are the same.

My point was, every time I've gone to Las Vegas I've gone the same outbound/inbound and the home journey is always just over an hour less.

• Advertisement

I said that on the assumption that the outbound and inbound journey are the same.

My point was, every time I've gone to Las Vegas I've gone the same outbound/inbound and the home journey is always just over an hour less.

It's the north Atlantic jetstream, it blows west to east, it's always quicker going East from North America to Northern Europe. How fast depends on how active the stream is.

It's the north Atlantic jetstream, it blows East to west, it's always quicker going West from North America to Northern Europe. How fast depends on how active the stream is.

Seeing as its back to the future day I'll believe anything you say lads :D;)

Really wish I had a de lorean with a spare flux capacitor lying around right now so I could go and enjoy 194 right now :D

The lads are right,
    Scheduled flight time London to Vegas direct is 10h40m. The way back is 9h55m.

Was similar for me, except it was quicker getting to Vegas.

The lads are right,
    Scheduled flight time London to Vegas direct is 10h40m. The way back is 9h55m.

Was similar for me, except it was quicker getting to Vegas.

Weird that. I've done the same route each and every time and the way there is always longer.

Maybe it just feels longer cause I'm always super excited! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'm gonna put it here as it might get more notice.
    I have 2 spare tickets to TUF Finale.They are e-tickets so there is an option to "send to a friend" so can just email them on and get paid via PayPal.
    I paid $336/€306.38 ,Section 202 .
    Anyone interested ?

Bump .

Weird that. I've done the same route each and every time and the way there is always longer.
    Yeah that's correct.
    London to Vegas is 10h40m
    Vegas to London 9h55m

• Advertisement

Wonder if Duffy vs. Poirier could be rescheduled for 194? :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wonder if Duffy vs. Poirier could be rescheduled for 194? :)

early rumour is UFC 195 according to DP. If concussion isn't there like a 60 day suspension which would rule out 194?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Whos going to win this fight and why ?

Whats each fighters strengths and their weaknesses ?

IMO Conors reach will be too much for Aldo and will evetually by knock out like the Mendes fight .

Wouldnt be surprised to see Aldo try take Conor down like Mendes did and negates Conors standing game ( i know Aldos is world class but there is a big reach advantage )

7 weeks to the day then i land in Vegas.

Cant come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

TheNap wrote: »
    Whos going to win this fight and why ?

Whats each fighters strengths and their weaknesses ?

IMO Conors reach will be too much for Aldo and will evetually by knock out like the Mendes fight .

Wouldnt be surprised to see Aldo try take Conor down like Mendes did and negates Conors standing game ( i know Aldos is world class but there is a big reach advantage )

7 weeks to the day then i land in Vegas.

Cant come quick enough

Saw this post else where earlier.
    http://instagram.com/p/9KSxp0DTuP/

Think a marathon of aldos fights is in order.

Old Perry wrote: »
    Saw this post else where earlier.
    http://instagram.com/p/9KSxp0DTuP/

Think a marathon of aldos fights is in order.

He's trying to break his leg to force himself out of the fight again. What a dodgy little prick.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus just one of those kicks would put my ribs straight through my lungs!

In other news, it's mad to think that since Jose fought last, Conor KO/TKO'd Poirier, Siver and Mendes. This could be the greatest fight in mma history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jaysus just one of those kicks would put my ribs straight through my lungs!

In other news, it's mad to think that since Jose fought last, Conor KO/TKO'd Poirier, Siver and Mendes. This could be the greatest fight in mma history.

The Poirier fight was a month before Aldo-Mendes.

shrewdness wrote: »
    The Poirier fight was a month before Aldo-Mendes.

Excuse me by a month...

Every time I see there's been a new post in the thread, I keep worrying someone's pulled out. Nervous two months ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Excuse me by a month...

Yeah it's been a good lay off all the same, it'll have been really a year of build up by the time it comes around. Here's hoping the card stays intact!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

martyos121 wrote: »
    Every time I see there's been a new post in the thread, I keep worrying someone's pulled out. Nervous two months ahead.

looks like the guy holding the bags Aldo is kicking there would like to pull out!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Yeah it's been a good lay off all the same, it'll have been really a year of build up by the time it comes around. Here's hoping the card stays intact!

My God man it will be an absolute miracle if this card stays intact. I hope Dana personally visits every fighter on the main card and tell them how big a goof they'll be if they get injured.

It's mad to hear Conor saying he might go straight up to lightweight after beating aldo. I'd he does win, i was fully sure Frankie would get a shot (if he gets past chad). Holloway is delusional thinking he he'll get another go never mind anyone else at 145.

As for weidman, i always doubt him and then he looks great so I'm jumping on team chris this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

My God man it will be an absolute miracle if this card stays intact. I hope Dana personally visits every fighter on the main card and tell them how big a goof they'll be if they get injured.

It's mad to hear Conor saying he might go straight up to lightweight after beating aldo. I'd he does win, i was fully sure Frankie would get a shot (if he gets past chad). Holloway is delusional thinking he he'll get another go never mind anyone else at 145.

As for weidman, i always doubt him and then he looks great so I'm jumping on team chris this fight.

Any sentence that starts with "Dana said" or "Conor said" I'm immediately sceptical about. If Conor sticks at 145 Holloway has every chance of a shot again. He's come on a lot since his first fight with Conor.

Ah no, Max has every right at a shot after Frankie and if he beats Stephens but with the IV ban, I can't see Conor staying at 145 for long. I thought he'd at least owe it to Frankie to try but his recent interview saying he might go straight to LW reeked of 'I'm sick of the weight cut'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ah no, Max has every right at a shot after Frankie and if he beats Stephens but with the IV ban, I can't see Conor staying at 145 for long. I thought he'd at least owe it to Frankie to try but his recent interview saying he might go straight to LW reeked of 'I'm sick of the weight cut'

Well every weigh in he's going through he looks worse and worse but I honestly think he realises Frankie is up there with Aldo. If he beats Aldo I think he will want to fight frankie. Which proves your point about Max I guess lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement