Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

dulux99 wrote: »
    Thankfully I didn't action this just yet... The fight I was mainly looking forward to is cancelled. Khabib has pulled out injured vs Ferguson

It's disappointing but I'd still be looking forward to seeing Ferguson vs Barboza if it gets confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have 2 spare tickets to TUF Finale.They are e-tickets so there is an option to "send to a friend" so can just email them on and get paid via PayPal.

I paid $336/€306.38 ,Section 202.

Anyone interested ?[

Just a heads up, you'll probably need to drop your asking price(even tho you're only looking face value) but there is a resale ticket through TM in that block for $230! :eek:

I'm not interested or trying to stroke ya either dude, I've opted for Joe Rogan that night but hope to catch a few of the fights in a bar somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Devastator wrote: »
    Just a heads up, you'll probably need to drop your asking price(even tho you're only looking face value) but there is a resale ticket through TM in that block for $230! :eek:

I'm not interested or trying to stroke ya either dude, I've opted for Joe Rogan that night but hope to catch a few of the fights in a bar somewhere

Yeah but I think his is for 2 together for total 306.

Somehow I am in row 6 of 203 apparently, it only goes up to 5. (for TUF)

The mess up surrounding ADA seats and then not informing people that GA can be obstructed view must mean they have had to add more seats.

I don't mind as long as it's all tiered and I can still see...

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Yeah but I think his is for 2 together for total 306.

ohhhh I read it and thought it was price per ticket, thats a pretty good deal then :D Think I was thinking face value more in line with 194 prices :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It's disappointing but I'd still be looking forward to seeing Ferguson vs Barboza if it gets confirmed

Didn't realise that was the alternative plan. That's a very good replacement I have to say

dulux99 wrote: »
    Didn't realise that was the alternative plan. That's a very good replacement I have to say

Not confirmed yet but sites are quoting a source as saying that they're working on it. I'd been really looking forward to seeing Khabib fight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Devastator wrote: »

Edited my post but as has been pointed out that's for both tickets.

Hope I can flog them,cant go now and its a bitch getting stung with tickets.

Anyone have any advise where else to try sell them ?

I cant put them on the TM resale site as I dont have a U.S. bank a/c or bank card.Which is a load of bollix when they will let me buy them with an Irish credit card.

I cant put them on the TM resale site as I dont have a U.S. bank a/c or bank card.Which is a load of bollix when they will let me buy them with an Irish credit card.

Have you tried stubhub?

Not sure if it's the same needing a US account.

• Advertisement

Are you not going over to Vegas at all? No friends heading over? I reckon someone could sell them on the night easy enough but then I've never been to a Vegas fight.

Put them on Vegas Craigslist. Stub hub. Viagogo. Seat wave? Not sure.

I'm guessing that was you also posting on the fight club forum as well? Put them on the free fight club forum as well maybe.

What about Sherdog forum? I reckon you'll eventually get rid of them, not very many resale tickets on ticketmaster.com and the ones that are are way above face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not really the same tbh. Visa/MasterCard is accepted worldwide. Selling them is different, you can't take a payment on to your Visa card. They need a way to pay you.

I wish they took paypal though

Mellor wrote: »
    It's not really the same tbh. Visa/MasterCard is accepted worldwide. Selling them is different, you can't take a payment on to your Visa card. They need a way to pay you.

I wish they took paypal though

They could allow non US bank accounts or as you say PayPal.They are willing to sell the tickets via their website to people without US bank/credit cards,they could very easily have a way to resale them as well.

They could allow non US bank accounts or as you say PayPal.They are willing to sell the tickets via their website to people without US bank/credit cards,they could very easily have a way to resale them as well.
    I think the issue is they'd be charged a fee to send to an international bank account. At least that's what they told me when I was selling them.

Visa/Mastrcard are international though. If an Irish credit/debit card company existed. They wouldn't accept them. Remember Laser Cards, jesus they were awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just stick them on eBay.ie and tick the box to have them show up on international searches eg:. com (might even be the default now). eBay.ie will allow tickets as we don't have an Irish stubhub yet thankfully.

You'll also save the ridiculous commission of the reseller sites this way and so be able to offer a better price / face value, so they should get snapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Deadst4r wrote: »

The source is Wikipedia so grain of salt and all that.

Don't see Maia vs. Gunni missing the main card tbh. That's a fight the BJJ enthusiasts will cream themselves over, but as a prelim headliner I think it will fail to make late PPV sales to the casuals. Holloway vs. Stephens would be a much better prelim headliner, should be an excellent fight and will make plenty of late buys if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chances are at least 1, probably 2 fights will fall to injury. Cracking card though.

Paully D wrote: »
    Chances are at least 1, probably 2 fights will fall to injury. Cracking card though.

At least they have two other cards to pluck fights from if anything happens though. :)

Very good idea having the three events in three days, it means 194 is practically bulletproof. If either Aldo or McGregor pull out, Frankie gets in. If both pull out, Frankie vs. Chad as co-main. If Rockhold or Weidman pull out, it's Romero or Jacare taking their place. And then of course if any of the other fights fall victim to injury, they can handpick opponents from the other two cards, and I can tell you give the he magnitude of the card, the fighters will find it very hard to say no like Poirier did.

Hopefully the card remains intact though.

• Advertisement

sshhhhhh if nobody mentioned anything bad then nothing will happen!!

Positive thinking.......

.......UFC 194 main event kicks off in approx 1009 hours time :D

I know some of you lads went out in July, others have been to different events and I'm sure theres the possibility that some people even travel to the states not to watch UFC(pfff suckers lol) but for anyone who hasn't been to the states or hasn't been in over 2 years it looks like we need to apply for an ESTA. From what I understand its like a temp visa that you need to get into the country.
    I was going to apply for this through expedia and it was charging £26 but found out through a US site its only supposed to be $14 and 3rd party companies pocket the rest.

Anyway, I applied and got approval within couple of minutes last night through US customs site (https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/), if you have an older passport make sure to read it all carefully to make sure you need one. I have 1 of the newer electronic passports so I'm eligible.

In other good news Spike O Sullivan fight against Euwank jr has been signed for Dec 12th :D That'll be a great way to start the day if that fight is being shown in a bar somewhere in Vegas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

If Mc Gregor Aldo doesn't happen I assume Frankie will be ready. Thoughts?

definitely

ESTA been around for 6-7 years at this stage.Make sure to fill it out but its very straightforward and as has been mentioned ,approval is within minutes.
    Still doesnt mean they will let you into the states,which makes it just a money making scam imo..

Going to apply for mine either tonight or tomorrow, does anything need to be printed out?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Going to apply for mine either tonight or tomorrow, does anything need to be printed out?
    It says to print a copy but I have never bothered.They have all that info on you when you go through the clearance .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Joey Diaz and Joe Rogan on the 11th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

dave1982 wrote: »
    Joey Diaz and Joe Rogan on the 11th

I'm gutted that my missus has exams so we cant go! The schedule is amazingly good:

Thursday:
    Page VZ vs Namajunas Card
    Friday:
    Weigh ins
    Ultimate Fighter Finale
    Rogan and Diaz
    Saturday:
    UFC 194

Can UFC 200 even top the above? I love this Aldo v McGregor fight, I keep going back and forth on who will win, its very tough to call. What a fight!

I'm gutted that my missus has exams so we cant go! The schedule is amazingly good:

Thursday:
    Page VZ vs Namajunas Card
    Friday:
    Weigh ins
    Ultimate Fighter Finale
    Rogan and Diaz
    Saturday:
    UFC 194

Can UFC 200 even top the above? I love this Aldo v McGregor fight, I keep going back and forth on who will win, its very tough to call. What a fight!

I would tip my hat to anyone who tries and succeeds in making it to all three on the Friday. You’d likely miss a couple of prelims and be praying for a lot of quick finishes on the main card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I think its mentally unfair to expect mcGregor to face a different opponent again if aldo was to pull out.

Getting yourself ready again for a title shot only to be let down cant be easy.

Although who could turn down the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I think its mentally unfair to expect mcGregor to face a different opponent again if aldo was to pull out.

Getting yourself ready again for a title shot only to be let down cant be easy.

Although who could turn down the money.

If Aldo pulled out again do you think they would strip him of the title?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Whelo79 wrote: »

Interesting question.

ESTA been around for 6-7 years at this stage.Make sure to fill it out but its very straightforward and as has been mentioned ,approval is within minutes.
    Still doesnt mean they will let you into the states,which makes it just a money making scam imo..

yeah? Been 15 years since I was there but that was on a good old J1 :D

Probably not but I did asI already had printer out for printing load of unrelated stuff. You can save a html link and print it off in future aswell I think.

Yes, I'm sure the UFC were pretty pissed off with ALdo last time after the whole world tour and promotion they pumped money into for him to pull out with a questionable injury

Yes, with the added recovery time with the new injury he’d have fought once in 2 years. Add in the percentage of bouts he’s dropped out of and being stripped would be completely justified.

Can UFC 200 even top the above?
    Ultimately it wil have to, I made the point after 189 when 194 was announced that these super events are raising the bar for best event on paper. UFC 200 has to be huge.

How many double title fights have their been this year? I'd guess 5 at least. I can only see the first ever triple-title event at UFC 200

It could go either way tbh. There's a case for both

Ultimately it wil have to, I made the point after 189 when 194 was announced that these super events are raising the bar for best event on paper. UFC 200 has to be huge.

How many double title fights have their been this year? I'd guess 5 at least. I can only see the first ever triple-title event at UFC 200

It could go either way tbh. There's a case for both

I can genuinely see them trying to get four title fights for that card, and those four fights can take up the whole main card since there is potentially 6 more rounds than an average PPV main card if they all go the distance. Given the current schedule of title fights and how I predict they will pan out, I'd say the four title fights could be a McGregor vs. Aldo rematch, Rousey vs. Tate 3, Lawler vs. Woodley and Dillashaw vs. Faber (only if Cruz pulls out of the January fight, because I see him beating TJ).

That's a card worthy of the number, and worst case scenario we still end up with two title fights due to injuries.

I'd say the four title fights could be a McGregor vs. Aldo rematch, Rousey vs. Tate 3, Lawler vs. Woodley and Dillashaw vs. Faber (only if Cruz pulls out of the January fight, because I see him beating TJ).

I can see them booking 4 titles purely because we will lose at least one.
    McGregor vs. Aldo
    Rousey vs. Cyborg,
    Dillashaw vs. Faber,

Would be the big seller right now.
    But Jones and the HW title are always big draws. I just can't see a credible big fight in either division in 8 months time

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

For me at the moment i can see the UFC 200 main event being Demetrious Johnson Ronda vs Cyborg. A lot depends on her upcoming weight cut though.

I can see them booking 4 titles purely because we will lose at least one.
    McGregor vs. Aldo
    Rousey vs. Cyborg,
    Dillashaw vs. Faber,

Would be the big seller right now.
    But Jones and the HW title are always big draws. I just can't see a credible big fight in either division in 8 months time

How on earth did I forget Jones lol. He will certainly be on it if they can find him a worthy opponent. If Jones vs. Cormier gets done soon, there's a possibility of Jones vs. Gus 2 but with Gus coming off a loss it wouldn't be fair to Bader (not that I care). Would love to see the Jones vs. Cain super fight at 200 but that's years off yet and makes no sense at this point in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It says to print a copy but I have never bothered.They have all that info on you when you go through the clearance .

Yep I think it's linked to your passport no and they get the details when you go through.

Also those heading over, it's well worth getting a Revolut Card for managing your currency exchange. Saved me a good bit in New York last month and will def be using again in Vegas!

There is a massive thread here about it.

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep I think it's linked to your passport no and they get the details when you go through.

Also those heading over, it's well worth getting a Revolut Card for managing your currency exchange. Saved me a good bit in New York last month and will def be using again in Vegas!

That looks like exactly what I've been looking for, thanks. A no fee pre paid mastercard would have been good but if this is true and the exchanges are at interbank rates then it's a really good deal!

• Advertisement

Yeah it gives proper interbank rates and no fees, I dunno how long that'll last but at the minute it's a godsend! And the app is brilliant for just keeping tabs on your spending, updates with all purchases instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Nicely played posting your referral link so you pocket cash for anyone signing up ;)

The card is indeed awesome though, been using it a few months abroad & online etc.....particularly handy for not getting ripped by Paypal's dodgy exchange rate

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Nicely played posting your referral link so you pocket cash for anyone signing up ;)

*translated as* Damn I wish I had thought of that! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

maximoose wrote: »

This looks good, how long does postage take for the physical card?

When you top up from a debit card how long will it take to appear?

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Haha, may as well ;)

This looks good, how long does postage take for the physical card?

When you top up from a debit card how long will it take to appear?

When you sign up you have to go into "My Card" and request the physical card, takes about 5-7 days to arrive. Debit card top ups appear/can be used instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

For those who prefer to have cash before travelling I'v found http://www.fexcocurrency.com/ to usually offer .01 roughly more than banks/post office IF you have credit union account.

Just see the rate is going away from us at the moment

Anpost 1.0597
    fexcocurrency 1.07
    Ulster bank 1.0603

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

If you know anyone who works in a bank, they can usually get fx commission free.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

For those who prefer to have cash before travelling I'v found http://www.fexcocurrency.com/ to usually offer .01 roughly more than banks/post office IF you have credit union account.

Just see the rate is going away from us at the moment

Anpost 1.0597
    fexcocurrency 1.07
    Ulster bank 1.0603

This Revolut crowd mentioned above are offering 1.08 but obv no money before you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

I used it in Asia recently & had no major problems, was able to draw cash on it at any ATMs I tried....just gonna load cash off the debit card into it & then hit the ATM in Vegas whenever Im running low.
    Same rates as xe.com & no charges unless it's one of those specific "we charge $1" type ATMs with a sign up

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna top it up each morning and as I need it when out and about. I used atms the first 2 days of my trip to NYC but found absolutely everywhere took card and just paid with the physical card after that. That helped with figuring out where the hell all the money disappeared to :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement