Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Saipanne wrote: »
    Nut hug... that's a new one. Is that a Jiu Jitsu move or something? You can imagine the commentary.

"He's going for a nut hug. This is not good, Aldo has gotta get out of this. McGregor is going for it. He has him! Aldo is in trouble! He's tapped! It's all over! Just! Like! That!"

Followed by the fakest tears Joe Rogan can muster.

I think this is the move you are referring to

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Saipanne wrote: »
    Nut hug... that's a new one. Is that a Jiu Jitsu move or something? You can imagine the commentary.

"He's going for a nut hug. This is not good, Aldo has gotta get out of this. McGregor is going for it. He has him! Aldo is in trouble! He's tapped! It's all over! Just! Like! That!"

Followed by the fakest tears Joe Rogan can muster.
    You never heard of nuthugging before?? It's mma vernacular, it's up there with the likes of lay n'pray, gn'p, wall n'stall as mma exclusive words

Random UFC 194 fact.

Conor McGregors last loss was 5 years ago today.
    Jose Aldo's last loss was 10 years ago yesterday.

...There can be only one*

*That should be the tagline for this fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    Random UFC 194 fact.

Conor McGregors last loss was 5 years ago today.
    Jose Aldo's last loss was 10 years ago yesterday.

...There can be only one*

*That should be the tagline for this fight

Nope, Highlander used that saying, 30 years ago today :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nope, Highlander used that saying, 30 years ago today :)

That's what I was referring to.
    Conor cuts off his head, lightinging bolts shoot down fro mthe ceiling. epic stuff really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

scudzilla wrote: »
    i find it halarious now in the post fight inetrviews with Rogan, whereas before the fighter and his corner would be rushing to put on their sponsors shirts/hats now they just can't be arsed :D

Haha, good catch..rushing to to get the t-shirt on over the hat before giving up.

And we'll never get another moment like this.

UNnlclN.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I decided to do something a little different for a promo for UFC 194. Have a look if you have a minute to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Did you make that Chase? nice job. I've always wanted to piss about with a bit of video editing but never got round to it. What software do you use?

Conor will prove he's the Top Gun in a couple of weeks :p

Devastator wrote: »
    Did you make that Chase? nice job. I've always wanted to piss about with a bit of video editing but never got round to it. What software do you use?

Conor will prove he's the Top Gun in a couple of weeks :p
    I did yeah, I use Avid Media Composer, but that's the highest end software there is, it's my actual job. If you want to get into it in your spare time, I'd recommend Final Cut Pro for a MAC or Adobe premiere pro for a PC. Both are affordable, (and... Available other ways...). Using online tutorials, I'm confident anyone could learn in a few months, it's the kind of thing you learn as you use it more and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Chase3 wrote: »
    I decided to do something a little different for a promo for UFC 194. Have a look if you have a minute to spare.

Good work :) It's not exactly gonna get someone pumped for the fight though is it?:P

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Good work :) It's not exactly gonna get someone pumped for the fight though is it?:P
    The women will love it!

I did yeah, I use Avid Media Composer, but that's the highest end software there is, it's my actual job. If you want to get into it in your spare time, I'd recommend Final Cut Pro for a MAC or Adobe premiere pro for a PC. Both are affordable, (and... Available other ways...). Using online tutorials, I'm confident anyone could learn in a few months, it's the kind of thing you learn as you use it more and more.

whatever could you mean...........wait a minute....found them :D

Thanks, I'll give it a little go. Had a little idea in my head for a video made up from the Vegas trip so I've got no excuses now apart from being too lazy.

whatever could you mean...........wait a minute....found them :D

Thanks, I'll give it a little go. Had a little idea in my head for a video made up from the Vegas trip so I've got no excuses now apart from being too lazy.
    Go for it man, get in touch on twitter if you have any questions. I'm @philiphanna_

Go for it man, get in touch on twitter if you have any questions. I'm @philiphanna_

cool, much appreciated. I've added you on twitter, I'll try not to torture you too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Another morning, waking up to no new injury news. Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Incidentally, whats the Las Vegas Fight shop like to buy anything from? (Decent value or rip the arse out of it,etc)

Great shop, nice staff and there are some good deals in there. Defo worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Still a better love story than Twighlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Great work! I think it's my favourite promo video for it to date very funny!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

dulux99 wrote: »

..?

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »

I know what you mean. Dread opening social media each morning.
    Only 14 more sleeps to go till MMA Xmas

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Great shop, nice staff and there are some good deals in there. Defo worth a look.

Thanks, I'll defintely try to check it out at some point. Would like to go on the Friday evening but sitting in a bar having a few drinks while watching TUF finale and getting ready for Joe ROgan sounds better than shopping :D

Its strange they have picked the Friday night to put on this event with the tuf finale & Rogan on.....surely all(most) MMA fans will be pre occupied I would have thought.

Has there been a replacement(or even mildly strong rumours) for the Torres fight yet? I haven't heard anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Thanks, I'll defintely try to check it out at some point. Would like to go on the Friday evening but sitting in a bar having a few drinks while watching TUF finale and getting ready for Joe ROgan sounds better than shopping :D

Its strange they have picked the Friday night to put on this event with the tuf finale & Rogan on.....surely all(most) MMA fans will be pre occupied I would have thought.

Has there been a replacement(or even mildly strong rumours) for the Torres fight yet? I haven't heard anything

I didn't go over when a fighter was there as it was the same time as weigh ins or the conference in July. Still worth going over not that far from MGM. I'm not overly fussed about meeting fighters, you will see loads hanging around MGM to have to queue to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent article from mmafighting interviewing every fighter who has faced Aldo (except Cub and Frankie who refused to partake) and what they think of the upcoming fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/27/9798748/the-night-we-faced-jose-aldo-ufc-194-conor-mcgregor?_ga=1.63657004.2019644540.1448629232

Replacement is Jones-Lybarger, never seen her fight
    http://uk.ufc.com/news/Jones-Lybarger-Faces-Torres-at-UFC-194

Replacement is Jones-Lybarger, never seen her fight
    http://uk.ufc.com/news/Jones-Lybarger-Faces-Torres-at-UFC-194

Never heard of her nevermind seen her fight :pac:

I'm calling a Torres decision win considering all Torres fightshave been went to decision and all but 1 of this new girls fights have went to a decision.

I'm still not a huge fan of watching girls get punched in the face so this sounds like it could be a fight to go queue up at the bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Excellent article from mmafighting interviewing every fighter who has faced Aldo (except Cub and Frankie who refused to partake) and what they think of the upcoming fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/27/9798748/the-night-we-faced-jose-aldo-ufc-194-conor-mcgregor?_ga=1.63657004.2019644540.1448629232

Reading that really shows what a machine Jose is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Hes kinda stopped throwing kicks the last few fights though which is what most of the cumulative praise was centered around. Most of those fights was a long time ago and he has to be battle worn to a good degree by now. Theres no better time for Conor to be facing him whatever happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nobody knows the damage the war with mendes had on Aldo,Id guess it took its toll tbh 100% his hardest fight he's had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Reading some of the fighters talk about the effects of the fight for months/years afterwards was pretty mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Probably the best MMA article I've read. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 evajean

Heres my prediction fwiw...........this is coming from a McGregor fan

Aldo by a controversial decision.

I can see it going the distance with fairly even back and forths.......Aldo gets the better of McGregor for a round and vice versa.
    I cant see McGregor getting a straight KO or even a TKO for that matter. Aldo can take a beating as we saw with Mendes. I know Mendes isnt in the same league as Conor in the striking but still, Aldo is a tough fecker.

I hope McGregor wins but I just have a feeling it will be Aldo. I'm sticking 20e on Aldo to win by decision. Its the only bet I hope to lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

evajean wrote: »
    Heres my prediction fwiw...........this is coming from a McGregor fan

Aldo by a controversial decision.

I can see it going the distance with fairly even back and forths.......Aldo gets the better of McGregor for a round and vice versa.
    I cant see McGregor getting a straight KO or even a TKO for that matter. Aldo can take a beating as we saw with Mendes. I know Mendes isnt in the same league as Conor in the striking but still, Aldo is a tough fecker.

I hope McGregor wins but I just have a feeling it will be Aldo. I'm sticking 20e on Aldo to win by decision. Its the only bet I hope to lose!

I'm also betting on Aldo. Hedging my bets, in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I put twenty on Aldo to win either in 4th, fifth or by decision last night actually.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I put twenty on Aldo to win either in 4th, fifth or by decision last night actually.

what odds??

i was looking for them on PP last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

http://imgur.com/jDmEC8F

I don't see Aldo finishing mcgregor early. I could see Conor knocking out Aldo early however. If Aldo avoids the knockout and kicks his legs for a few rounds, I could see him finishing him or winning by decision.

I put this bet on so I feel a bit better if mcgregor loses.

I obviously have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in this fight. Its going to be crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Be interesting to see conor go 5 rounds seems he always has his opponent on the deck by round 2 at the latest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's impossible to predict this fight. The only outcomes I can't see happening are an Aldo win via KO or a McGregor win via submission.

The most likely outcomes in my opinion are an Aldo win via decision or a McGregor win via KO/TKO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

It wont go past 2 rounds

He predictz deze tings

evajean wrote: »
    what odds??

i was looking for them on PP last night.

7/2.....but it could be 100/1 and you're still losing the same amount :D You need to click into UFC/MMA on left side menu then into McGregor/Aldo then into the "11 more bets" green icon to get these markets

ahaha your video is getting some recognition, mixedmartialarts.com on FB shared it :D

Deadst4r wrote: »

I don't see Aldo finishing mcgregor early. I could see Conor knocking out Aldo early however. If Aldo avoids the knockout and kicks his legs for a few rounds, I could see him finishing him or winning by decision.

I put this bet on so I feel a bit better if mcgregor loses.

I obviously have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in this fight. Its going to be crazy.

worth 20e at those odds!!

and like you say, it would take the sting out of the loss....

• Advertisement

7/2.....but it could be 100/1 and you're still losing the same amount :D You need to click into UFC/MMA on left side menu then into McGregor/Aldo then into the "11 more bets" green icon to get these markets

ahaha your video is getting some recognition, mixedmartialarts.com on FB shared it :D
    Nice :) Next step, world domination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Is anyone going still actually looking for tickets. I may know of one or two for sale but think they are around the 700-800 range. Itl be face value incl fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Be all over this time two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Great read

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EoinT89

Where is the best place to sell a ticket to this?

EoinT89 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to sell a ticket to this?

High rollers section of the MGM after the weigh-ins on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EoinT89

Haha, that would actually not be a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really, really, really hope Conor wins but Aldo by KO/TKO is 21/4 now and Aldo by decision is 11/2.

Sorry, but those odds are just insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope Conor wins but Aldo by KO/TKO is 21/4 now and Aldo by decision is 11/2.

Sorry, but those odds are just insane.

The decision price looks great, I'd be 99.9%,certian he won't ko Conor though. 11/2 for points is madness.

• Advertisement

I don't know a whole lot about betting, but aren't the odds based on the bets that have been made? In other words, the more people that bet on McGregor, the better the odds for Aldo will get to entice more betters to put money on Aldo, therefore balancing it out and ensuring that the bookies win? I think that's half right at least.

That being said, that's a great price for an Aldo decision. However I see McGregor finishing him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement