Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chase3 wrote: »
    I don't know a whole lot about betting, but aren't the odds based on the bets that have been made? In other words, the more people that bet on McGregor, the better the odds for Aldo will get to entice more betters to put money on Aldo, therefore balancing it out and ensuring that the bookies win? I think that's half right at least.

That being said, that's a great price for an Aldo decision. However I see McGregor finishing him.

That's a factor, but its not the only one. The bookies opened with pretty similar odds before any bets were made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

20 on decision and 10 on ko/tko is where my bet is going. Either of them come off and I've a nice dinner paid for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

It should be around now that the fighters stop sparring heavy and just concentrate on the weight cut and staying fresh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

As long as that knee holds up its all good:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JustTheOne wrote: »
    As long as that knee holds up its all good:)

Anyone else think Aldo is gonna target it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Yep,Korean Zombies shoulder got injured and he threw 3 consecutive round houses at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If he didn't he'd be an idiot. I think everyone can agree that Aldo kicks harder than anyone else in that division. So for him not to utilise that ability and capitalise on Conor's "injured" knee would be mildly retarded.

Yep wouldn't be surprised if it popped again during the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Probably and in the exact same way I would expect Conor to target Jose's rib

Devastator wrote: »
    Probably and in the exact same way I would expect Conor to target Jose's rib

It's a million times easier for Aldo to attack his legs than Conor to attack his ribs. Plus, Conor's knee is much more likely to get injured again than Aldo's rib

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's a million times easier for Aldo to attack his legs than Conor to attack his ribs. Plus, Conor's knee is much more likely to get injured again than Aldo's rib

His knee must be fine at this stage. If he was able to fight Mendes with no after effects or requirement for surgery we can only presume that it is now even stronger than at the time of the Mendes fight.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    His knee must be fine at this stage. If he was able to fight Mendes with no after effects or requirement for surgery we can only presume that it is now even stronger than at the time of the Mendes fight.

Great piece by John kavanagh from today.

Mentions his knee and how its much better.

http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-30-november-2015-2470773-Nov2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

To be fair, even if McGregors leg was hanging on with staples and sellotape he would still say its much better.

I never knew the test history was public, just searched there and Aldo had 2 tests in q3 and another 2 tests in q4 of this year, exact same as Conor.

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I never knew the test history was public, just searched there and Aldo had 2 tests in q3 and another 2 tests in q4 of this year, exact same as Conor.

http://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

That's quality, 6 tesrs for Hendo and 5 for Belfort on Q4 is pretty insane.

right ok, are you my GP? As he makes random guesses and predictions without any facts too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Surely Aldo can't attempt those leg kicks on his knee, where he uses his shin like a club?

Isn't that how Silva snapped his leg in two?

Saipanne wrote: »
    Surely Aldo can't attempt those leg kicks on his knee, where he uses his shin like a club?

Isn't that how Silva snapped his leg in two?

He doesn't need to actually connect with Conor's knee to cause damage to it. Conor is heavy on his front (right) leg, that's the damaged knee. Any inside low kicks to that leg will tweak the knee and cause damage.

Aldo switchs his stance and throws inside and outside leg kicks to both the calves and thighs of the front and back leg of people he's fighting and can pull the trigger ridiculously quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

its less than two weeks till ufc 194 and there is no promotion going on really.. whats up with that?

its less than two weeks till ufc 194 and there is no promotion going on really.. whats up with that?

They showed hours of promo material for 194 between fights the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Blump

Maybe Conor hurt his other knee rolling with Macdonald but it was the left knee that was injured in the Holloway fight.

Aldo is a different animal but Conor checked quite a few leg kicks from Holloway fwiw

Blump wrote: »
    Maybe Conor hurt his other knee rolling with Macdonald but it was the left knee that was injured in the Holloway fight.

Aldo is a different animal but Conor checked quite a few leg kicks from Holloway fwiw

That's the one he had the surgery on, yeah? I Thought that knee was fine for the Aldo fight and it was his other knee they were worried about going into the fight with Mendes?

The absolute scenes if Conor Subs Aldo it'd be sweeter than a k.o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blump

That's the one he had the surgery on, yeah? I Thought that knee was fine for the Aldo fight and it was his other knee they were worried about going into the fight with Mendes?

I've not been able to find any info on what knee he got the stem cells in but would assume chances are marginally higher than 50/50 it would be the same knee again.

Been announced Big John will be the ref between them. Herb Dean will ref Wiedman Rockhold.

They showed hours of promo material for 194 between fights the other day.

There's surely another embedded series due to air though. One longer than the usual 3 or 4 episodes that normally go out? Or maybe they are cutting costs due to how much was spent on the failed fight? Not that it failed financially mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Plenty of promos going out for it for the last few weeks. US market is just over thanksgiving so it’ll be this week when it starts to ramp up fully. McGregor is on Kimmel this week which is huge for the mainstream market.

Having said that I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s told them he’s not doing the crazy stuff like flying to the East coast with less than a week to go to his fight.

Been announced Big John will be the ref between them. Herb Dean will ref Wiedman Rockhold.

Give Herb to Conor. He's been the ref for all McGregor's American fights!! Conor doesn't believe in superstition but I do!!

right ok, are you my GP? As he makes random guesses and predictions without any facts too

What the fúck are you on about? It's pretty simple to see the difference between Aldo's injury and Conor's. But sure live in your bubble world and nut-huggery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

This should get the blood flowing, very well-made promo:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Is there anyone lined up to sing them into the Octogon? I take it Sinead O'Connor won't be feeling up to it this time.

What the fúck are you on about? It's pretty simple to see the difference between Aldo's injury and Conor's. But sure live in your bubble world and nut-huggery

awk stop getting your knickers in a twist. You made a really dumb comment with no evidence or facts. Get over yourself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

According to a post over on mmajunkie there will be an hour long ufc embedded on Fix on Saturday. Same format as Rousey Holm.

awk stop getting your knickers in a twist. You made a really dumb comment with no evidence or facts. Get over yourself :rolleyes:

Well it is a lot easier to target a knee than a rib...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well it is a lot easier to target a knee than a rib...

Just saying...

480454458-conor-mcgregor-kicks-chad-mendes-in-their-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXkSR5gsATfDO97ze%2Fi5g8iO9xGgWvAL2sxeTmPGQZXNdZclp0Q92a7ajZWG0rtzfBghSY7zo9BRByGeKm%2FTugHM%3D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mellor - yes but apparently it would be a million times harder for King Conor, ALL HAIL MCGREGOR, to do anything even remotely similar against Aldo or something :pac::pac::pac:

I don't think this has been posted but few other news sites seem to have taken a few bits & pieces from it but its worth a read. http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-30-november-2015-2470773-Nov2015/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Ribs heal with time 100% easy where knee's rarely ever heal 100% regardless of the time frame, personally i don't think either will be an issue but certainly the knee is the more likely to have recurring injury, If aldo hurt his ribs it would most likely be new separate rib injury where as the knee recurring would be far more likely.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

It wasn't a dumb comment. If you can't see the simplicity in my post then fair enough.

Not sure what the "get over yourself" has to do with anything either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

'Wake up Jose, it's all over'

https://www.instagram.com/p/-vfCtcrzuk/

I hope he has a shave and a haircut before the weigh in. All that hair when he has done his weight cut makes him look like someone from a prisoner camp during the Vietnam war!

It wasn't a dumb comment. If you can't see the simplicity in my post then fair enough.

Not sure what the "get over yourself" has to do with anything either...

No childish tantrums today?

Yes it was dumb to say targetting legs is a million times easier than attacking ribs.

I'm not making any more replies to this BS. If you're looking for someone to have an immature online fight or argument with find someone else :rolleyes:

Mellor - yes but apparently it would be a million times harder for King Conor, ALL HAIL MCGREGOR, to do anything even remotely similar against Aldo or something :pac::pac::pac:

I don't think this has been posted but few other news sites seem to have taken a few bits & pieces from it but its worth a read. http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-30-november-2015-2470773-Nov2015/

Am i the only one who doesnt think he comes across well in that ? A bit too smug for me tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

Is there anyone lined up to sing them into the Octogon? I take it Sinead O'Connor won't be feeling up to it this time.

Considering how dire she was last time, I don't think we will see her near a UFC again anytime soon.

crybaby wrote: »
    Considering how dire she was last time, I don't think we will see her near a UFC again anytime soon.

I think there are more pressing issues as to why Sinead won't be there. In case you've not seen the news, she recently announced she has quit the music business and in last few days has posted suicidal posts to social media, said she has taken overdoses, says everyone is against her and has been hospitalized.

I think the girl needs some serious help to get her life/head back on track and I'm sure we'd all wish her well

No childish tantrums today?

Yes it was dumb to say targetting legs is a million times easier than attacking ribs.

I'm not making any more replies to this BS. If you're looking for someone to have an immature online fight or argument with find someone else :rolleyes:

Not sure what I did or said to you in the past but you've got a real bee in your bonnet with me.

*insert oblig eyeroll smiley*

Not sure what I did or said to you in the past but you've got a real bee in your bonnet with me.

*insert oblig eyeroll smiley*

Ye should have your own embedded at this stage :p

TheNap wrote: »
    Am i the only one who doesnt think he comes across well in that ? A bit too smug for me tbh .

John Kavangh has gone hollywood alright.

TheNap wrote: »
    Ye should have your own embedded at this stage :p

But then I'll be outed as a keyboard warrior :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement