Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Not sure what I did or said to you in the past but you've got a real bee in your bonnet with me.

*insert oblig eyeroll smiley*

hahahaha I've got FA problem with you except you seem to be completely ignorant of your own behavior, example....
    Devastator wrote: »
    Probably and in the exact same way I would expect Conor to target Jose's rib
    It's a million times easier for Aldo to attack his legs than Conor to attack his ribs. Plus, Conor's knee is much more likely to get injured again than Aldo's rib
    right ok, are you my GP? As he makes random guesses and predictions without any facts too
    What the fúck are you on about? It's pretty simple to see the difference between Aldo's injury and Conor's. But sure live in your bubble world and nut-huggery

Sorry to everyone for getting dragged back into this, I promise this is the last response I will give. Back to194 chat now :D

It seems like once you've seen 1 promo you've seen them all. Heres another(don't think its been posted....but again they look alike) which has been edited slightly differently to the others :D

11 days :eek: In mid September this was like a lifetime away(if you're as impatient as me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭crybaby

I think the girl needs some serious help to get her life/head back on track and I'm sure we'd all wish her well

I wish her all the best.........she was still shocking at UFC 189

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skin84

Lads do ye know if hardback tickets are legit. Going to buy tickets for fight but afraid of fraud ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Just to confirm lads... I can buy the PPV from ufc.com for €18, right? No need to sign up for anything? And no Ireland ban from it from BT Sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Just to confirm lads... I can buy the PPV from ufc.com for €18, right? No need to sign up for anything? And no Ireland ban from it from BT Sports?

Probably handier signing up to Setanta (if you have the box) its €12.99 for first 2 months ( cancel after ) meants you get all the events and football over the Christmas holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

fitzparker wrote: »
    Probably handier signing up to Setanta (if you have the box) its €12.99 for first 2 months ( cancel after ) meants you get all the events and football over the Christmas holidays

I have UPC but I cancelled the TV and just stuck with broadband.
    I'll be happy enough with UFC.com if it's an option. Plus not a bit interested in football :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Gamebred wrote: »
    John Kavangh has gone hollywood alright.
    Agreed, You can see huge change in what he writes and how he comments to others on Fb & twitter, he's quick to mouth on social media and loves to block people for saying anything he doest even slightly agree with, even if they speak the truth.

When Conor eventually falls and is no longer the Golden Child, and memberships at the gym are down, and the re-possessors come looking for the super cars parked out front, he might go back to his old nice ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Agreed, You can see huge change in what he writes and how he comments to others on Fb & twitter, he's quick to mouth on social media and loves to block people for saying anything he doest even slightly agree with, even if they speak the truth.

When Conor eventually falls and is no longer the Golden Child, and memberships at the gym are down, and the re-possessors come looking for the super cars parked out front, he might go back to his old nice ways.

I wouldn't go as far as to hope his gym fall apart or anything but i'd agree that he comes across as extremely pompous and probably doesn't know the meaning of the word modesty. I don't know him personally, he does seem to be an intelligent man from interviews i've seen of him, but his social media activity has really made me dislike him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ever since the Duffy v Lindsey fight, I took a dislike to Kavanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lads, it's fairly well known on here that I'm no fan of Conor's carry on but one person I have all the time in the world for is JK.
    He's a fantastic teacher and extremely patient with people on the mats regardless of their level or shortcomings. He's always got a word of encouragement and will find the good in your game to give you a boost, it's an genuine pleasure to attend his classes and seminars when I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lads, it's fairly well known on here that I'm no fan of Conor's carry on but one person I have all the time in the world for is JK.
    He's a fantastic teacher and extremely patient with people on the mats regardless of their level or shortcomings. He's always got a word of encouragement and will find the good in your game to give you a boost, it's an genuine pleasure to attend his classes and seminars when I get a chance.

Not trying to be a Dick but I would assume ever instructor would be similarly nice and helpful when you are paying for classes/seminars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Will there be an embedded series for 194? I half-remember the 189's started a good bit before the night no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

From what I’ve seen in online most of the SBG fight team don’t take well to anything that isn’t 100% positive towards them. I just don’t think you can expect that as a public figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Myrddin wrote: »
    Will there be an embedded series for 194? I half-remember the 189's started a good bit before the night no?

Supposedly there's an hour long one on Sat, like the one they had for 193. After that I guess it'll be the usual 5 or 6 during fight week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

This is quietest conor has ever been pre fight build up. I'm guessing he's been told take it easy on Aldo. You'd never think fight is 12 days away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

dave1982 wrote: »
    This is quietest conor has ever been pre fight build up. I'm guessing he's been told take it easy on Aldo. You'd never think fight is 12 days away

By who?

You would think he would be told to step up the trash talk to get as many ppvs as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hes been giving Aldo nothing but abuse the past 2 years I'd say he has a pain in his hole selling the fight just wants to give him his beating of a lifetime and be done with him.

Conor did say, I think it was during the go big press conference, that he wouldn't give Aldo any abuse in the run up to the fight incase he scared him off again. I'd expect with the media stuff & weigh ins next week he'll give him a mouthful :D

Shots will start being fired during the Kimmel interview tomorrow night and this will just get ramped up once embedded starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

It will be interesting to see how Conor reacts if he loses. Actually who ever loses this fight will probably claim they had broken leg going into it, that seems to be the way it works these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how Conor reacts if he loses.

I'd say win or lose, he'll show dignity, respect and pride. Thrash talk is thrash talk, the true feelings come out when the fight is over, & he done us proud after the Mendes fight

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd say win or lose, he'll show dignity, respect and pride. Thrash talk is thrash talk, the true feelings come out when the fight is over, & he done us proud after the Mendes fight

Exactly he will shake hands congratulate and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Think this is better than the UFC promos, gives chills.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Seen John Kavanagh block some guy on twitter the other day for replying to the tweets about TUF spoilers.

The guy just said, to be fair most of your followers won't watch the episode until tonight on Satanta. That was all he said and he was blocked.

Doesn't seem very patient or tolerant of another's opinion to be honest. I'd understand if it was a troll but John opened it up like it was a discussion then instantly blocked people who didn't agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

John's a great person in real life but was always has been petty on social media. Sure remember he screenshoted the messages a lad was sending his girlfriend and posted them on his Facebook, fair enough that's one way to deal with it but not when your in the position he's in there's much better ways to deal with stuff like that behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Confirmed:

Big John McCarthy in charge of the main event.

Herb Dean in overseeing co-main.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Think this is better than the UFC promos, gives chills.

That's class!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ASOT wrote: »
    John's a great person in real life but was always has been petty on social media. Sure remember he screenshoted the messages a lad was sending his girlfriend and posted them on his Facebook, fair enough that's one way to deal with it but not when your in the position he's in there's much better ways to deal with stuff like that behind closed doors.

The amount of times he mentions his gf on twitter is a bit creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Excellent article from mmafighting interviewing every fighter who has faced Aldo (except Cub and Frankie who refused to partake) and what they think of the upcoming fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/27/9798748/the-night-we-faced-jose-aldo-ufc-194-conor-mcgregor?_ga=1.63657004.2019644540.1448629232

That was a really interesting read thank you for sharing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Not trying to be a Dick but I would assume ever instructor would be similarly nice and helpful when you are paying for classes/seminars.

TBH, considering the "temperament" of a old school Brazilian Jiu Jitsu guys, that's not really the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    TBH, considering the "temperament" of a old school Brazilian Jiu Jitsu guys, that's not really the case.

Joo mhust braach for bloo, bloo bltch is de hardescht bltch to earn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Ok so whats everybodys predictions for the main card ?

I'll go with Maia , Jacare, Rockhold & Conor . Thats the acca i will do over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

TheNap wrote: »
    Ok so whats everybodys predictions for the main card ?

I'll go with Maia , Jacare, Rockhold & Conor . Thats the acca i will do over there.

Holloway, Gunnar (might be a little biased here) Jacare, Weidman and Conor. I truly believe its simply Conor's time, even if Aldo is a beast. I can see Aldo dominating for large parts but Conor will somehow find a way to win with a big shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

nocoverart wrote: »
    Holloway, Gunnar (might be a little biased here) Jacare, Weidman and Conor. I truly believe its simply Conor's time, even if Aldo is a beast. I can see Aldo dominating for large parts but Conor will somehow find a way to win with a big shot.

I don't understand what this means. People keep saying it with no basis to back their "I think Conor will win" argument.

(obviously you have given your logic)

Heart says Conor but the wallet says Jose

If it goes 5 rounds it will be interesting. Jose has the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'd like to see Jose win and announce his retirement in the octagon after the fight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'd like to see Jose win and announce his retirement in the octagon after the fight

That would really piss off Conor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'd like to see Conor smash him through the mat within 2 rounds, and immediately relinquish the title and announce his move up to lightweight.

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Conor smash him through the mat within 2 rounds, and immediately relinquish the title and announce his move up to lightweight.

:D I agree although I do think he would either defend against Edgar(presuming he wins) or a rematch against Aldo(because he's been champ for so long regardless of injury layoffs). Usually the immediate rematches are only if its a close contest or controversial though but I don't think Conor would have much interest in another Mendes fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Media phone in press conference is tonight so I assume there'll be a streaming link floating about in the next few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

:D I agree although I do think he would either defend against Edgar(presuming he wins) or a rematch against Aldo(because he's been champ for so long regardless of injury layoffs). Usually the immediate rematches are only if its a close contest or controversial though but I don't think Conor would have much interest in another Mendes fight.

I would say there would be an immediate rematch with aldo once connor wins.
    Considering the fact that ado has been a champion for 10 years and all. Plus it will generate more money than an Edgar vs Conor match and UFC is all about money.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Media phone in press conference is tonight so I assume there'll be a streaming link floating about in the next few hours

Starts at 10pm, there is already a live stream (with a countdown lol) on http://severemma.com/2015/12/ufc-194-aldo-vs-mcgregor-media-conference-call/

edit - OR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know when he's doing the Jimmy Kimmel appearance? Dying to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

martyos121 wrote: »

Pretty sure it's tonight, so there should be a link floating round in the morning.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »

It's tonight.

Last night Kimmel had a special with Bono, Scarlett Johansson, Olivia Wilde, Snoop Dogg, Matt Damon, the Killers and tonight Conor will be on the show with Liv Tyler. Getting on this show is a really big opportunity for him, which makes it even funnier that he didn't seem to know who Kimmel was. Hopefully he does a bit of homework before he goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It's tonight.

Last night Kimmel had a special with Bono, Scarlett Johansson, Olivia Wilde, Snoop Dogg, Matt Damon, the Killers and tonight Conor will be on the show with Liv Tyler. Getting on this show is a really big opportunity for him, which makes it even funnier that he didn't seem to know who Kimmel was. Hopefully he does a bit of homework before he goes on.

Ah sure he didn't seem to know much about Conan going by the 189 embedded and he did well on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anyone know anywhere that would be showing this in cork city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Paully D wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope Conor wins but Aldo by KO/TKO is 21/4 now and Aldo by decision is 11/2.

Sorry, but those odds are just insane.

spot on paully, insane odds
    For the me the fact the aldo has failed to finish inferior opponents means I cant see him finishing conor so will just go with the 11/2 for a pts win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lads you're gonna feel like mugs when conor lights hosay up light a christmas tree and k.o's him stiff save your money or give it to charity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement