Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor had a nice response to Chael. Bit surreal that the fight is in 3 days time.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/onair/jay-mohr-sports-53749/conor-mcgregor-says-he-will-crumble-14186691

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

You've got to love the guy. Love his non pc moxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

It seems pretty obvious Dana and the ufc probably love Conor as he is their cash cow right now. So a victory for him is probably what they want.

I wonder how this will play on Joses mind.

Make him more determined or effect him mentally knowing this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Kon9ehl.png

Rockholds choice of book is interesting

''Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness''

tfrxraS.png

Weidman breaks him and gets the k.o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

I wonder will Urijah be cheered or booed by the irish support at 194. I feel he will get a big cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Conor had a nice response to Chael. Bit surreal that the fight is in 3 days time.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/onair/jay-mohr-sports-53749/conor-mcgregor-says-he-will-crumble-14186691

Conor on Sonnen: "At the end of the day he's a has been in the sport.... selling window washer on a Podcast"

Ooof!! Nice to see Sonnen getting it after all his attempts to stay relevant by slagging so many other fighters these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Macheetah wrote: »
    I wonder will Urijah be cheered or booed by the irish support at 194. I feel he will get a big cheer.

Big cheer for him I think, he's pretty hard to dislike!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Nuno

Gamebred wrote: »
    Whats the views on Conor training with Ido portal? I think its like steven segal hanging around crawling round like a gorilla is not gonna make a jot a difference in helping him defeat Jose,I say this as a Conor Fanboy.

He reminds of the guy Fabien LaRouche from GTA V
    DgmlD5T.jpg5z8Oofl.jpg

Yes, you missed the hypocrisy. My point wasnt that he did it, it was the UFC decided it was a highlight worth showing to fans.

Recreational marijuana is still illegal there.
    The age of consent in the Philippines is 12, doesnt mean its ok for the UFC to have Mark Munoz talking about how he screwed a 13 year old like its cool during Embedded Manilla.

Holy jaysis that's some jump. How you managed to try logically compare these two is beyond me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Jose is shaking in his boots I'd say :pac:

Why don't you try some of those exercises and tell us how you get on, especially the the half hand stand. Those kinds of exercises are bloody hard, l-sits and even holding a squat at the bottom whilst pushing your knees out with your elbows. All the couch potatoes are out in force now to criticize.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Coach potatoes, lols nicely phrased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Why don't you try some of those exercises and tell us how you get on, especially the the half hand stand. Those kinds of exercises are bloody hard, l-sits and even holding a squat at the bottom whilst pushing your knees out with your elbows. All the coach potatoes are out in force now to criticize.

Pfft, couch potato? I ran up the stairs earlier and didn't even get out of breath, I'm a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Pfft, couch potato? I ran up the stairs earlier and didn't even get out of breath, I'm a beast.

Tell true was there a bag of crisps at the top of the stairs? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The embeddeds are pretty shít compared to other ones I've seen. Even the UFC189 ones had me pumped for the fight even though I took a hit with tickets.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Tell true was there a bag of crisps at the top of the stairs? :pac:

It was a slice of chocolate biscuit cake, actually :pac:

• Advertisement

Tony McGregor spitting heat

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

I admire him,fair play i say.wouldnt know a great deal about the soort to be honest,but ofcourse ill be gunning for him to win,but is this 1st round prediction or close to it on the cards,ive looked at aldo footage aswell and im not so sure its going to be that easy..or quick??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So any Fight Pass veterans help me out here?

I had Fight Pass before, but didn't bother keeping it up after I changed my credit card and didn't update the payment.

In the past, I seem to remember that I had trouble watching unaired prelims unless I was doing it live.

In other words if I watched the unaired prelims live at midnight, it was fine. But if I tried to watch them the next day I could never find them.

I'm thinking of signing up again but my plan is to watch the Fight Night at about 11pm on Saturday evening, then the TUF finale and 194 on BT sport.

So my question is, will the full Fight Night event be available to watch on Saturday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

lolokeogh wrote: »
    I admire him,fair play i say.wouldnt know a great deal about the soort to be honest,but ofcourse ill be gunning for him to win,but is this 1st round prediction or close to it on the cards,ive looked at aldo footage aswell and im not so sure its going to be that easy..or quick??

The best thing about this fight is that it is so hard to predict. Anything could happen

Saipanne wrote: »
    The best thing about this fight is that it is so hard to predict. Anything could happen

i feel nervous for him...lol.. as i say i wouldnt know a great deal,but yeah its defo set up to be a savage fight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Its going to be an amazing night of fights id say! nerves are starting to kick in big time!

lolokeogh wrote: »
    i feel nervous for him...lol.. as i say i wouldnt know a great deal,but yeah its defo set up to be a savage fight..

I think Aldo will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if Conor wins either.

I think most people who think Conor will win are of the same mindset, they wouldn't be surprised if Aldo beats him.

It could be a 5 round points decision war or it could be a 2 minute exchange with a quick finish.

It's one of the hardest fights to call I've ever seen.

DrPhilG wrote: »

I had Fight Pass before, but didn't bother keeping it up after I changed my credit card and didn't update the payment.

In the past, I seem to remember that I had trouble watching unaired prelims unless I was doing it live.

In other words if I watched the unaired prelims live at midnight, it was fine. But if I tried to watch them the next day I could never find them.

I'm thinking of signing up again but my plan is to watch the Fight Night at about 11pm on Saturday evening, then the TUF finale and 194 on BT sport.

So my question is, will the full Fight Night event be available to watch on Saturday evening?

Hey I just checked the ufc app on my phone for the previous fight night events and it does show options to watch both exclusive fight pass prelims and standard prelims.

This is on the app though which is how I normally watch repeats, so not sure how it translates through the website.

I think most people who think Conor will win are of the same mindset, they wouldn't be surprised if Aldo beats him.

It could be a 5 round points decision war or it could be a 2 minute exchange with a quick finish.

yeah id say so.from what im reading folk that are into it are saying much the same..jesus them 2 for 5 rounds...wow some battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Jacare or Romero? Weidman or Rockhold? 2 unbelievable matchups that im struggling to pick the winner of

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

DrPhilG wrote: »

I've been using Fight Pass for a couple of years and have found that the previous nights fights (non-numbered cards) were available to watch from the Event Replay section.

Used it only there 2 weeks ago for the last event.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Jacare or Romero? Weidman or Rockhold? 2 unbelievable matchups that im struggling to pick the winner of

Gunni or Maia?

The card is absolutely stacked.

fair point going to be an amazing fight regardless, fairly confident Conors gunna win but if Jose pulls it off I wont be overly shocked, heartbroken, but not shocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gunni or Maia?

The card is absolutely stacked.

Gunnar, im convinced he will beat Maia. I think it will be a comfortable points decision as he will get the betteer of the exchanges on the feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

akelly02 wrote: »
    Gunnar, im convinced he will beat Maia. I think it will be a comfortable points decision as he will get the betteer of the exchanges on the feet

That's my thinking too. I think he'll set himself up better for takedowns with his stand up too.

• Advertisement

Maia will be the one shooting take downs think gunnar will be happy to stand and trade for 3 rounds.

funny listening to most of the mma media, they dont seem to rare gunnis hands atal, gunni wins it on the feet id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hey I just checked the ufc app on my phone for the previous fight night events and it does show options to watch both exclusive fight pass prelims and standard prelims.

This is on the app though which is how I normally watch repeats, so not sure how it translates through the website.
    I've been using Fight Pass for a couple of years and have found that the previous nights fights (non-numbered cards) were available to watch from the Event Replay section.

Used it only there 2 weeks ago for the last event.

Thanks.

I just seem to remember thinking that there was a delay between something being available in the live section, to finding it in the event replay.

Plus most Fight Pass events were still available on BT or somewhere, so it was only the prelims that were missed.

I'll give it a go and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Aldo looks like he has one of those heads you could hit 100 times and it wouldn't knock him out!

Maia will be the one shooting take downs think gunnar will be happy to stand and trade for 3 rounds.

Most likely but if Gunnar rocks him with a 1, 2 and Meia looks wobbly on the feet I think Gunnar takes it to the ground for a sub attempt.

Am I right in saying aldo has had 1 more fight in the ufc than conor?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Am I right in saying aldo has had 1 more fight in the ufc than conor?

Yup, Aldo has 7 and Conor has 6

Yup, Aldo has 7 and Conor has 6

Hmmm dunno where the idea he is has a lot more mileage than conor in he octagon comes from.

I know he went a few 5 rounds alright.

• Advertisement

Hmmm dunno where the idea he is has a lot more mileage than conor in he octagon comes from.

He has 6 more pro fights then Conor, but when you take into account he was fighting at a higher level in his pro fights in the WEC. In the UFC 85% of his fights have went the distance, that is considerably more minutes in the cage then Conor who averages a first or second round KO.

Aldo has been in a few wars, Conor has only really been in one and that still finished in the second round. Aldo has a granite chin but it's been chipped away at over the years, due to his response to getting hit usually opens himself up to getting hit some more followed by vicious counters.

If you calculated minutes in the cage I'd wager it's twice or three times that of Conors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Conor has spent about one third the time in the octagon compared to Aldo.

Conor involved in 10 rounds while Aldo in 30 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just in the UFC

McGregor - 39 minutes in the cage
    Aldo - 127 minutes in the cage

Before the UFC (Aldo fighting at a higher level in the WEC obviously)

McGregor's previous fights - 45 minutes in the cage
    Aldo's previous fights - 135 minutes

Really quick calculations btw but Aldo has fought for three times what McGregor has. I'd also assume Aldo has had a few more gym wars than McGregor has.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lukker- wrote: »
    He has 6 more pro fights then Conor, but when you take into account he was fighting at a higher level in his pro fights in the WEC. In the UFC 85% of his fights have went the distance, that is considerably more minutes in the cage then Conor who averages a first or second round KO.

Aldo has been in a few wars, Conor has only really been in one and that still finished in the second round. Aldo has a granite chin but it's been chipped away at over the years, due to his response to getting hit usually opens himself up to getting hit some more followed by vicious counters.

If you calculated minutes in the cage I'd wager it's twice or three times that of Conors.

Definitely a higher level but I think the level of competition he faced in WEC is over-exaggerated by a lot of people.

I understand you can only beat what’s put in front of you but when faced with higher level opponents it doesn’t count for too much.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Just in the UFC

McGregor - 39 minutes in the cage
    Aldo - 127 minutes in the cage

Before the UFC (Aldo fighting at a higher level in the WEC obviously)

McGregor's previous fights - 45 minutes in the cage
    Aldo's previous fights - 135 minutes

Really quick calculations btw but Aldo has fought for three times what McGregor has. I'd also assume Aldo has had a few more gym wars than McGregor has.

Thanks for that!

Mellor wrote: »
    No, I think it's ok because weed isn't a big deal imo, and it was probably 15 years ago.

I'd consider having sex with a 13 year old much worse than smoking weed. If you don't, that's fine, it's your opinion. But I'm surprised anyone would trivialise paedophilia. Maybe it's the norm where you are from.

They also don't claim to be spending millions to have a weed free sport?

Smoking weed, out of comp is not against USADA rules.
    I'm not sure why that's hard to understand.

You're not the quickest on the ball are you? I wasn't interested in your opinion on drugs, I was discussing the marketing of it by UFC.
    Your point that it is legal was wrong and I made the point that just because something is legal in one place doesn't make it ok everywhere.

We'll have to end this one here if you don't get it this time. I have a busy week ahead in Vegas. No time for numpties

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You're not the quickest on the ball are you? I wasn't interested in your opinion on drugs, I was discussing the marketing of it by UFC.
    Your point that it is legal was wrong and I made the point that just because something is legal in one place doesn't make it ok everywhere.

We'll have to end this one here if you don't get it this time. I have a busy week ahead in Vegas. No time for numpties

In the simplest possible terms so that we don't have to read anymore of this - no one gives a sh*t about the weed, except you.

Query closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This and the similar other updates are hilarious. Continuous updates on Aldo re-assuring fans he is in Vegas and ready to fight. Almost childish.

https://instagram.com/p/_FErt_LmSI/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Is Aldo really not even in Nevada yet?...that's crazy! The air is so dry, you'd need a decent amount of time to get use to it. I was surprised that Conor was bouncing around LA so close to the fight too but at least he got the worst of the travel out of the way for himself.

Yeah i am quite surprised that Aldo didnt come sooner. I really hope he is at his 100% on Saturday night.
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Wrestling is part of MMA.
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Noticed conor is quieter this time round no real taunting Aldo, I assumed he was told by ufc to tone things down so Aldo will feel less media pressure but chael p gave a interesting perspective that conors confidence has dipped since Mendes fight he knows he got his ass kicked but still got his hand raised. Reckoning both think they are going to lose.

Conor is very smart. He probably saw all the backlash Ronda got after loosing. He probably doesnt want to make it worse for him if he looses. He says he doesnt think of loosing but he is a human too.

Or it could be like what he said at the GO Big press conference. He doesnt want to say anything to annoy Aldo as he genuinely thinks that aldo might get agitated and over train and injure himself again.

either way the press confrence today will be a good oppurtunity for Conor
    I've made that argument as well as plenty of other people since day 1. Chad was ****ed. Not from lack of training but from the body shots.

I am no expert but i disagree. Chad is a well rounded fighter and he had a 5 round war with Aldo last year ( i believe it was fight of the year) on full fight camp. I am sure the 2 weeks fight camp played a part in making him gas out in the second round against Conor. Not saying that conors body shots didnt count to anything as Conor does have devastating punches but on a full fight camp, i believe Chad would have lasted longer and maybe even have won the fight. I guess we wont know untill Conor and Chad face again some day in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Conor always goes quiet when he's in camp. Nothing to read into. The time for promotion is over for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement