Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipp v Galway. A.I. semi final 2015 Sunday 16th August

• 11-08-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Is this that match that can kick-start a rather lack lustre 2015 championship. A straight up 15 v 15 with lost of goals, hopefully a good old fashioned shoot out.Who will come out on top to face the Cats?

Who will win between Galway and Tipp to reach the final 96 votes

Tipperary
    0%
    Galway
    62%
    BigConPsychedelicCrowdedHouseslegsadrian522Mushyaidan24326WarperJippoderealbadgerMilfordBudcallaway92JamieKchristy cBorders no.2gobo99honeybearmaximo31Toblerone1978Adamocovic 60 votes
    Draw
    37%
    brettmirlTristrambluestripemegapixelsligeachL1m1tlessBENDYBINNBonnieSituationPowerhouseFormosaStroke PoliticsallthedoylesO.A.PWallyGUFCpatsyrockemphkkcarter10Hulk HandsHellboundIRLhuey1975 36 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Galway
    I think if Tipp are full strength they will be hard to beat. Callanan has been quiet so far this year compared to last year but he has a very good track record in Croke Park over the years, the space suits him so I'd expect a big show from him. All the other forwards have been scoring consistently too and Noel McGrath might be back. Galway forwards on the other hand looked good against Cork but they had acres of space, Tipp backs won't give them an inch and there are very few weak links in that back line now. Galway forwards struggled against KK in Leinster final with lack of space and a few were subbed so you would have to say it will be a similar story again. Midfield is probably even. Tipp have a strong bench this year also so more options to alter the game if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Draw
    Galway by at least 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

Galway by at least 5

Delighted you've finally come on board as a supporter! :)
    Without giving too much away, why d'ya think Galway will win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

IF Galway get goals they have a right chance.

Another Johnny Glynn show & close it out this time!

Worth remembering that Tipp were dead & buried for a spell last year against us. Standard Galway problem though of going to sleep once you raise a couple of green flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

cson wrote: »

Worth remembering that Tipp were dead & buried for a spell last year against us. Standard Galway problem though of going to sleep once you raise a couple of green flags.

I've noticed Tipp also have a habit of falling asleep and not scoring for 10-15mins, they lose their shape and start to struggle to win ball and get it into their forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackcard

As a KK man, I would prefer our chances against Galway, however I fear Tipp will win on Sunday. I think Niall O'Meara and Jason Forde improves their forward line from last year and Bonnar has started taking points as well as running at the opposition. They seem to have strength in depth in both the backs and forwards and the return of Noel McGrath is welcome. I imagine that Seamus Callinan just had an off day against Waterford. Galway will have been happy to beat Cork with Joe Canning not playing well and their forward line of Canning, Mannion, Flynn, Glynn and Donnellan looks exciting. However, I do not think they will get the same room as they did against Cork and I think they have a weakness at FB and CHB if they persist with Hanbury and Tannion. Hoping for a good open game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Galway
    Tipp to win well enough. Not a hammering but comfortable by the end, a bit like the other match.

Galway are well capable of running up scores against poor backlines but Tipp are quite slick.

cson wrote: »

Not as simple as that IMHO. Injuries and a lack of proper alternatives off the bench played a big part in that defeat.

MfMan wrote: »
    Not as simple as that IMHO. Injuries and a lack of proper alternatives off the bench played a big part in that defeat.

Also they had home advantage which gets overlooked.

The main difference between this year and last year for us is Padraig Mannion and Whelan.
    Mannion has gave an All Star year and while he was highly rated I think that's at least been a surprise in the immediate transition.
    Whelan hasn't put a foot wrong in his one game to date. About as good as a debut you'll have.

Two big time additions to last year and further improvements to second year players like Burke, Mannion and Flynn.

Along with the return AND return to 2012 form of Cyril.

There's certainly more positives there in comparison to 2014.

Those 3 additions are mainly what's giving us a bit more from the bench.

We certainly have 4/5 who could conceivably start any game.

Also they had home advantage which gets overlooked.

The main difference between this year and last year for us is Padraig Mannion and Whelan.
    Mannion has gave an All Star year and while he was highly rated I think that's at least been a surprise in the immediate transition.
    Whelan hasn't put a foot wrong in his one game to date. About as good as a debut you'll have.

Two big time additions to last year and further improvements to second year players like Burke, Mannion and Flynn.

Along with the return AND return to 2012 form of Cyril.

There's certainly more positives there in comparison to 2014.

Those 3 additions are mainly what's giving us a bit more from the bench.

We certainly have 4/5 who could conceivably start any game.

Mannion has had a superb debut year, but too early to start praising Whelan yet I think - only really got going v Cork when the tide had turned our way anyway. Other positive points have been the excellent 'follow-on' years by such as Daithi Burke, Cathal Mannion and Jason Flynn, the renewal in form by Harte, Smith and *hopefully* David Burke, the blossoming of Glynn and the return of Cyril. If the same starting team is picked again on Sunday, which I wager it will, then Moore, Collins, Lally, maybe Healy, Maloney, Brehony are fair enough options off the bench. (Just not gone on J Cooney).

As stated, Glynn and Cyril have been in fair form, but we really need big games from these two up front and get them to use the ball as efficiently as possible as they are our 'least' slick stickmen. (Cyril hooked / blocked down 3 times in short succession v Cork the last day.) Tan also needs a big performance, but I think he realises this and will deliver, he may interchange
    with David Burke through the game a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Galway
    Frankly if Galway play like they did v Kilkenny, they have no chance.
    They need a big improvement in terms of decision making, stickwork, tackling. Cork didn't really test this, it was more like a challenge match really.
    But based on what we have seen to date, I can't look past Tipp winning this.

If the likes of Tannion and Cyril are having problems getting hooked and blocked and coughing up possession v Cork, it's only going to get worse v Tipp.

The Galway forward line is class, but this is only useful if they can actually get the ball into them.

MfMan wrote: »
    Mannion has had a superb debut year, but too early to start praising Whelan yet I think - only really got going v Cork when the tide had turned our way anyway. Other positive points have been the excellent 'follow-on' years by such as Daithi Burke, Cathal Mannion and Jason Flynn, the renewal in form by Harte, Smith and *hopefully* David Burke, the blossoming of Glynn and the return of Cyril. If the same starting team is picked again on Sunday, which I wager it will, then Moore, Collins, Lally, maybe Healy, Maloney, Brehony are fair enough options off the bench. (Just not gone on J Cooney).

As stated, Glynn and Cyril have been in fair form, but we really need big games from these two up front and get them to use the ball as efficiently as possible as they are our 'least' slick stickmen. (Cyril hooked / blocked down 3 times in short succession v Cork the last day.) Tan also needs a big performance, but I think he realises this and will deliver, he may interchange
    with David Burke through the game a bit.

Well for what he has played credit is due.

You could argue his goal came when it was over, but realistically it ended the game.
    But he had two from play long before that iirc.

I wouldn't bet on Tannion holding his position.
    Lally came on against Cork and caught 2/3 balls in a short space and hurled a lot of ball.
    AC should know now if we win that he wont cut it against KK so he may put in Lally this weekend.

I'd at least give it a go myself, can be changed if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lads you can't be counting on Whelan to repeat his performance against Cork - the kid is 18, I wouldn't be depending on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Galway
    Conor Whelan is a superb talent but to be honest lads I wouldn't read anything into the scores he got in garbage time against a team that didn't lay a glove on ye. Cork were shocking, we can say Joe Canning had a poor game hitting so many wides but I'm more inclined to ask how in the name of god he was allowed have so many shots?

Mannion got 0-7 from play, like for f*ck sake and 18 year old got 1-2, Glynn got 1-2 (?), Canning should have had 0-7 from play I'd say.

Ye have some very good forwards who are hard to mark but it's more a case of needing to learn from the Kilkenny game than replicate the Cork game, because to be honest this assignment is 100 times tougher than that.

On direct form lines, last Sunday doesn't auger well given the eventual difference between the teams and the fact that Michael Fennelly had a prominent role and didn't even play against Galway.

I would expect Tipp to win if they performed to their potential, but they are plenty capable of playing someway within themselves and have the 5 week gap to contend with. If Galway get on top of them early, then I think they'll find it a lot harder to claw it back then they did last year. I would expect Galway to try and test the Tipp full back line the way Kilkenny tried to do against Waterford early in the game last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will be interesting to see if Galway throw Glynn into full-forward again on Sunday. He played there for a long spell against Tipp last year and caused chaos. Was only moved back into the half-forward line late in the game when Galway were flagging and couldn't win possession in the half-forward line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I would expect tipp to win
    Tough one to call but tippeary are imo more in them
    They ruthlessly in second gear going though the motion put away a waterford team who were committed and spirited and gave their all but tippeary looked just a class above them
    They ruthlessly put away limerick

Galway dominated cork and should won by more but it's Galway team on their day could win and it's a tough one to call but tippeary for me
    If galway get to an all ireland Anthony cunningjham should be contention for management of the year
    Imo the all ireland winners should get it but often that's not the case
    This is a fine Galway team on their day and the third best team in ireland this year imo but won't count for much if they loose
    Same tipp want to win
    It's all about winning at semi final stage
    I wouldn't mind tipp winning an all ireland or Galway in both you wouldn't begrudge them

I'm hoping for a cracker of a game and hopefully it will be a better semi final than last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Will be interesting to see if Galway throw Glynn into full-forward again on Sunday. He played there for a long spell against Tipp last year and caused chaos. Was only moved back into the half-forward line late in the game when Galway were flagging and couldn't win possession in the half-forward line.

Would be madness to be honest, he casued havoc in FF when Padraic Maher was FB, as soon as Barry went back his influence was negated.

Also if Canning isn't on the edge of the square he is no threat at all, he is a top top class FF and a mediocre player further out the field, he would have been taken off the last day only for Cork being so poor and the fact that he is Joe Canning.

From a Tipp perspective I would love to see Canning out from the goals and Glynn on the edge of the square.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Galway
    I'd like to see Galway win this, would be nice to see someone different in an All Ireland Final, not very different though, I still want Kilkenny to be there :D

I do feel Galway have a real chance, they have been playing well this season and Tipp have shown propensity for falling asleep for long periods.

In the end I think Tipp will get over the line by 3 or 4 points but if Galway were to get out to an early lead Tipp could be in trouble.

2-19 to 1-18 or thereabouts would be my prediction. I think Galway need to score goals to have a chance in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Galway win this, would be nice to see someone different in an All Ireland Final, not very different though, I still want Kilkenny to be there :D

I do feel Galway have a real chance, they have been playing well this season and Tipp have shown propensity for falling asleep for long periods.

In the end I think Tipp will get over the line by 3 or 4 points but if Galway were to get out to an early lead Tipp could be in trouble.

2-19 to 1-18 or thereabouts would be my prediction. I think Galway need to score goals to have a chance in this one.

Galway are usually a good goal scoring side. Even got 2 against Kilkenny in the Leinster final. I think they'll hit the net a couple of times on Sunday. Problem is Tipp will probably do the same at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Draw
    I would expect tipp to win
    Tough one to call but tippeary are imo more in them
    They ruthlessly in second gear going though the motion put away a waterford team who were committed and spirited and gave their all but tippeary looked just a class above them
    They ruthlessly put away limerick

Galway dominated cork and should won by more but it's Galway team on their day could win and it's a tough one to call but tippeary for me
    If galway get to an all ireland Anthony cunningjham should be contention for management of the year
    Imo the all ireland winners should get it but often that's not the case
    This is a fine Galway team on their day and the third best team in ireland this year imo but won't count for much if they loose
    Same tipp want to win
    It's all about winning at semi final stage
    I wouldn't mind tipp winning an all ireland or Galway in both you wouldn't begrudge them

I'm hoping for a cracker of a game and hopefully it will be a better semi final than last week

And that will be their downfall because no one ,no team not even Kilkenny play in second gear against any opposition. That was Tipp's best against Waterford because rest assured after the league semi final they knew they were in for a fight. That Tipp best is no where good enough to see a far more physical Galway team off. Tipp will have to improve by a fair amount on that Waterford display. As Nicky English said in todays paper "Galway will win the aerial battle and it all depends on how Tipp react to that." Kilkenny are far more proficient in the air than Tipp and I can see Galway creating a fair bit of havoc in the Tipp defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I've a friend who will be in Houston on Sunday and he's looking for a pub to watch Tipp Galway, any recommendations greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Great news to hear that Noel McGrath is included in Tipps 26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Galway
    For me this is a 55-45 type game, Tipp for me are slight favorites but if Galway play to potential they'll do damage. I think it will be quite a game with hopefully a few goals, it's badly needed because so far the championship has been poor, Tipp by maybe 2 points for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Galway
    And that will be their downfall because no one ,no team not even Kilkenny play in second gear against any opposition. That was Tipp's best against Waterford because rest assured after the league semi final they knew they were in for a fight. That Tipp best is no where good enough to see a far more physical Galway team off. Tipp will have to improve by a fair amount on that Waterford display. As Nicky English said in todays paper "Galway will win the aerial battle and it all depends on how Tipp react to that." Kilkenny are far more proficient in the air than Tipp and I can see Galway creating a fair bit of havoc in the Tipp defense.

They won in a pretty similar manner to Kilkenny though, who had an even better team out than they did against Galway. Only difference was Kilkenny created goal chances in my opinion and were maybe a little bit more comfortable towards the end due to the draining intensity with which they played.

I'd agree that if Tipp under performed they could be beaten, but I think their Munster Final performance will be sufficient to win this based on known form.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The growler

Draw
    For me this is a 55-45 type game, Tipp for me are slight favorites but if Galway play to potential they'll do damage. I think it will be quite a game with hopefully a few goals, it's badly needed because so far the championship has been poor, Tipp by maybe 2 points for me.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Both these teams are unreliable (Galway more so, Tipp not as bad in recent years) so it's hard to know what to expect on Sunday. If both play to their potential I think Tipp should have enough to win. Predicting the outcome of a game between these two, never mind how the game turns out is almost impossible. Last week's semi-final pretty much panned out along expected lines.

As a Tipp man I couldn't give a ****e about it being a great game as long as we win, we've lost enough classics and All Ireland finals in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭letsseehere14

Lots of references to Galway physicality and how Tipp will cope. I'll be honest, these last few seasons Tipp have stood up to all teams physically. Sure prior to the Munster final I heard from Waterford friends how they would bully Tipp physically and it would be one of the keys to their victory....as I thought, that didn't come to pass. Tipp are able match Galway physically. They have matched Kilkenny physically so they can match anyone.
    Lots of talk about revenge by Galway in the papers too, lots of talk about Galway in fact. It seems that now Waterfords push has ended, in pretty uninspiring fashion I may add, Galway are the new flavour of the week with the journalists and pundits. And in my opinion that's all they will be. Just like young Lynch was for Limerick after the Clare match, or Bennett and Whelan became after the quarters, people are bigging them up in hopes for the shock and with it the reignition of the championship, with just 2 games to go.
    I just don't see it happening and thank God because in a KK v Galway final, I can only see one winner. KK would suffocate, stifle and out play Galway into an easy predicted All Ireland.
    Tipp topped division 1A. Cruised against Limerick and out fought, out played and outscore Waterford in the Munster final. Galway struggled against Dublin, never looked like winning against Kilkenny and beat poor Cork and Dublin sides (Dublin of the replay).
    Iv just thought all year there's been something a little extra about Tipp. Theyve been so quiet. O'Shea so straight forward. They were classy against us in the Munster semi final. I was there and by God when they moved it was scary good. Remember the predictions for that match? 50/50 we were told! Munster final, All that Waterford confidence ground into submission by Tipp!
    I may be wrong, it is just my opinion and I did earlier in the year say the only shock I could see this season would be Galway beating Tipp in the semis, but my gut (and my hopes, as I think only Tipp can stop KK this year) says Tipp by 5 minimum. I'm sticking with my view on the state of hurling earlier this season, Galway only to win if Tipp don't fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Galway

He was moved back out on Paudie Maher. He won very little against Barry when Barry was swapped with Maher. Once Tipp removed Paudie from full back they won the game fairly easily in the end. Galway gave up very quickly when plan A failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

Galway
    Lots of references to Galway physicality and how Tipp will cope. I'll be honest, these last few seasons Tipp have stood up to all teams physically. Sure prior to the Munster final I heard from Waterford friends how they would bully Tipp physically and it would be one of the keys to their victory....as I thought, that didn't come to pass. Tipp are able match Galway physically. They have matched Kilkenny physically so they can match anyone.
    Lots of talk about revenge by Galway in the papers too, lots of talk about Galway in fact. It seems that now Waterfords push has ended, in pretty uninspiring fashion I may add, Galway are the new flavour of the week with the journalists and pundits. And in my opinion that's all they will be. Just like young Lynch was for Limerick after the Clare match, or Bennett and Whelan became after the quarters, people are bigging them up in hopes for the shock and with it the reignition of the championship, with just 2 games to go.
    I just don't see it happening and thank God because in a KK v Galway final, I can only see one winner. KK would suffocate, stifle and out play Galway into an easy predicted All Ireland.
    Tipp topped division 1A. Cruised against Limerick and out fought, out played and outscore Waterford in the Munster final. Galway struggled against Dublin, never looked like winning against Kilkenny and beat poor Cork and Dublin sides (Dublin of the replay).
    Iv just thought all year there's been something a little extra about Tipp. Theyve been so quiet. O'Shea so straight forward. They were classy against us in the Munster semi final. I was there and by God when they moved it was scary good. Remember the predictions for that match? 50/50 we were told! Munster final, All that Waterford confidence ground into submission by Tipp!
    I may be wrong, it is just my opinion and I did earlier in the year say the only shock I could see this season would be Galway beating Tipp in the semis, but my gut (and my hopes, as I think only Tipp can stop KK this year) says Tipp by 5 minimum. I'm sticking with my view on the state of hurling earlier this season, Galway only to win if Tipp don't fire.

While I agree with alot of you're post, I feel it's going to be a tricky one for Tipp nonetheless. Tipp basically have only played 2 'relatively' competitive games in 4 months and are meeting a side in good form and alot of momentum on Sunday. I thought Galway made a decent fist of the LSH Final, they we only 4 down with 15 minutes to go. It wasn't a great game by any means but it was competitive and physical. They're performance level has been fairly consistent since June.

The big thing for Galway on Sunday in the Hanbury and Callinan matchup, because it looks worrying especially when you have a 6 like Tannion in front. Cunningham has used sweepers in the past, though not this year, it will be interesting as he definitely wont like to have his very good full forward line outnumbered. I think if Galway can hold out ok in the backs they will feel they have some favourable matchups up front maybe, like Glynn v Bergin, JC v Barry, Flynn v COB. I think Tipp's backline is good but maybe not very good yet, it's been chopped and changed alot in the last 2 years.

I think Tipp will win on Sunday in a close high scoring game, probably pushing on towards the end like KK did. I know it's been a poor enough championship so far, but the teams out should make for a good game. There's alot of quality there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Draw
    CMfLPNnW8AA-UmR.jpg:large

Wonder will the extra Championship matches help Galway ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Draw
    CMfLPNnW8AA-UmR.jpg:large

Wonder will the extra Championship matches help Galway ?

Well I for one am glad we lost the LF to KK. We're not the type of team that can afford to sit around for weeks waiting for a semi finalist coming in off a winning run. Better to find out your issues early and have a chance to put them right. Our first touch and ball distribution from the back against KK was woeful but much improved against Cork albeit against lesser opposition but they weren't the kind of issues you needed a hard test to rectify, it was more of a concentration issue.
    If we can get the same level from the team as we did against Cork and JC ups his game I can see us winning by 4-5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Draw
    Galway to win by four or five in my opinion. There has been no surprise so far this summer, and before someone tells me Galway beating Tipp wouldn't be a surprise I'd suggest they remove their maroon goggles as the vast majority of the country expects Tipp to come through. Galway are always a dangerous outfit though and if they are on their day then they are almost unbeatable, come on the tribe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Nothing against Tipp but I really hope Galway win this as at least I'll have someone to shout for in the final.I don't think i could really enjoy another Kilkenny Tipp final and the complete indifference I'd feel over who wins that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Tough tough game to call

Tippeary I feel have more in them from munster and are putting everything in to meeting kk again and that what makes them vulnerable today
    Galway if they throw the kitchen sink at tippeary I will slightly give a hesitant vote to Galway
    All ireland semi final Galway do well
    When Galway are expected to win they don't so I find it hard to trust them totally

O shea gone either way this year but cunningjham imo could be gone if Galway loose
    I wouldn't begrudge either these teams winning the all ireland
    I wouldn't be convinced about Galway at the start of this championship but they have strength in ball winning forwards and forwards can score

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Real incisive questions from Claire.

"Do you think you can get to another final?" What?.... He's hardly gonna say no way. We're gonna lose today for sure.

How does that woman have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Galway
    Great history of tight and hard fought games between these two. Galway have momentum and the bad games they do are usually earlier on than this. This Eamon O'Shea last year thing, is a negative, emotion can get in the way. But Tipp for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Terrible start for Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tipp flying out of the gate. Galway didn't want this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Draw
    Hopefully no more head issues for either side.

Draw
    Galway player down seriously hurt, bleeding in fact, and Kelly lets Tipp go down the other end and score a goal. Tipp player gets hurt and he stops it immediately. He's an absolute sham of a referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Galway
    Very Bored wrote: »
    Galway player down seriously hurt, bleeding in fact, and Kelly lets Tipp go down the other end and score a goal. Tipp player gets hurt and he stops it immediately. He's an absolute sham of a referee.

Yeah two strikes and a yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a cracking pace to this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Galway
    Do the GAA not have any policy on concussions? Surely Barrett should not be coming back on after suffering a concussion like that where he unconscious for a while?

:eek:Great saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Probably the worst struck shot Canning has ever hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Very bad penalty.Surely he should have brought the ball back another couple of yards so he could get some real momentum behind the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah, are we getting the rubbish Canning today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hardly needed hawk eye for that.

C'MON Galway.

Draw
    Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah two strikes and a yellow

I wouldn't let him referee a chess match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Very Bored wrote: »

No consistency. In minor game Dublin player about to tap ball over bar. Game stopped due to injury to Tipp player. Indirect free given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement