Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I think the current supplier need to "release" the account to the new supplier before a swap over. If there is arrears on the bill this release doesn't happen AFAIK.

Keep the same supplier for now - just get them to acknowledge the previous bill payer is now gone and they are the sole occupiers.

You are right - trying to switch providers during this mess wont work/ will add difficulty - but I don't think that was the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

foggy_lad wrote: »
    if they treat the account as nothing to do with them and rings the new accounts section they will be treated as new tenants and an account will be opened for them!
    No it wont, the agent will see there is already an open account for that MPRN and wont be able to. Its not that complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

No it wont, the agent will see there is already an open account for that MPRN and wont be able to. Its not that complicated.

I have been in a situation before where the previous tenants left with arrears and the account was opened no problem.

The only complication I see is that if new people are opening an account when they already had an account. But if one person had the account previously then the other person opens now then its not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I think the current supplier need to "release" the account to the new supplier before a swap over. If there is arrears on the bill this release doesn't happen AFAIK.
    Any arrears are between the supplier and the person named on the bill at the time of the arrears, nothing to do with any new account holder.
    If I ring up to open a new account and give a starting meter reading any previous accounts are nothing to do with me and must be closed once I declare that I am now the account holder from meter reading 12345678.

It is then up to the supplier to chase the old tenant/owner/account holder for any arrears or charges that they had left unpaid!

Only lazy companies with no real prospects and no proper business ethics would try to make a new account holder chase up and collect arrears created by old account holders who may be untraceable!

http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/help-and-questions/home/gas/joining/#question2
    What do I need to join?

If there is a meter at your property we will need the following information:

Your name and new address
    Your old address
    Your meter reading

To join Bord Gáis Energy, sign up here

If the meter is locked you will need to contact 1850 632 632 to arrange an appointment to have the meter unlocked.

https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/faq.htm#three-a
    switching to us.

(1) I am a new customer, how do I change my supply to Electric Ireland?

You can change your supply to us by:

Visiting our Price Plans for New Customers on our easy to use online Switch Application.
    Or, you can phone our Sales Team on 1850 30 50 90.

Close
    (2) I am an existing customer, how do I change my price plan?
    (3) What do I need to change my price plan or switch to Electric Ireland?

To start saving with a new price plan you will need the following

Your latest electricity / gas bill.
    Your meter reading.
    Your banking details for setting up your direct debit.

Advertisement