Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twisted Pepper to close

• 11-08-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i wonder who gets the soundsystem, wouldn't mind it for the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

This is terrible news, been to many great gigs there.

Hopefully the nearby Academy will up its dance game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Thought it was just closing for renovations and will reopen?

• Advertisement

I can't see how they weren't making money before. Maybe they were in a bit of trouble from the drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I've been hearing talk of this for a while now. Apparently it's closing briefly, then reopening under a different name.

http://www.thejournal.ie/twisted-pepper-dublin-2264605-Aug2015/

No word on what their schtick's going to be. It's be a damn shame to lose another good spot in a city that's fairly sparse in terms of clubs that offer something a bit different. It's been a good while since I was going there regularly but I've some really great memories of the place. When everything came together on the night it was as good a club as anywhere I've been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Apparently it's closing briefly, then reopening under a different name.

http://www.thejournal.ie/twisted-pepper-dublin-2264605-Aug2015/

No word on what their schtick's going to be. It's be a damn shame to lose another good spot in a city that's fairly sparse in terms of clubs that offer something a bit different. It's been a good while since I was going there regularly but I've some really great memories of the place. When everything came together on the night it was as good a club as anywhere I've been.

It's reopening as a restaurant from what I've been reading online. I loved that basement and probably my favourite spot in terms of going out over the last twenty years in Dublin but it's been years since I've been in it.

they just said on facebook it won't be a restaurant and that it's going to be reopened with music still there but not as it is today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

(Prepares for a hate avalanche).

Twisted Pepper was grand. It was your typical perfect place for posers who thought they weren't posers, as well other wonderful people. It was good. But sweet jesus reading some of the comments on twitter from the 'kool klub kids' you'd swear Dublin was hit by a meteor while at the same time their dealer and mother died in a murder suicide. Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

(Prepares for a hate avalanche).

Twisted Pepper was grand. It was your typical perfect place for posers who thought they weren't posers, as well other wonderful people. It was good. But sweet jesus reading some of the comments on twitter from the 'kool klub kids' you'd swear Dublin was hit by a meteor while at the same time their dealer and mother died in a murder suicide. Get real.

The Twisted Pepper was our Princess Di. People will be drying their eyes with the edges of their beards for the next 5 days.

I'm a bit long in the tooth to be a kool klub kid and I haven't been in a while - someone I know said it's been dying off for the last while - but it was great to be down in the basement off your trolley listening to some excellent techno and I got to meet up with some great people from boards at events in the TP. Sure, there was posers there but they were easy to ignore if you were there for the music and I never had any guff from anyone when I went to the place. I have a genuine affection for it based on the nights I managed to make it down to it but hey, all things must pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

That was the last decent dance venue i was in in Dublin.

Anyone got any recommendations for other weekend venues. Like hard house/trance tunes

Advertisement