Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home innsurance cork city

• 11-08-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi anyone know of insurance company that will cover subsidence in cork south side pouladuff area sick of filling out forms etc ty noel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If memory serves correctly Pouladuff is a black spot for subsidence as far as insurance goes, as is much of Cork.

Best bet is to try a couple of brokers and see if they can do anything but to be honest if a couple of insurers are excluding subsidence cover I would imagine they all will as they all work off the same / similar geo coding information.

How old is the house?

For older properties (more than 20 years) if subsidence hasn't occurred already then its unlikely it will so not having cover for it shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JGro

Did you ever manage to get cover? In a similar situation currently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

JGro wrote: »
    Did you ever manage to get cover? In a similar situation currently!

About 2 years ago I ran into similar issues - couldn't get any online quotes due to the address, even though I'm not in a subsidence area. Someone recommended contacting McCarthy Insurance Group and they sorted it all out quickly. Still with them.

I may have got this wrong, but at the time I was told that they "know" the areas and can talk directly to the insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

nope had to stay with axa no one will cover me for subsidence cant even get a quote last time i tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Subsidence is a massive issue in Cork especially south of city. The saying is there are only houses that have been underpinned and those yet to be underpinned. It really depends on the area but I find O Leary’s or McCarthy insurers better to deal with instead of going through insurers individually. But sometimes you just can’t get the cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement