Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on a refund for 5 months. Eircom tell me basically tough luck

Options
  • 11-08-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Dear Eircom,

I'll make this short and sweet. I have been waiting on a refund cheque for nearly 5 months now. For the last 5 months I have spent 17hours on the phone and on old as well as contacting by mail and e-chat. I have been lied to on 7 separate occasions by your agents’ have been told I must wait until the next billing date 4 times and each month nothing happens and your agents escalate this with no change in anything. This is absolutely ridiculous. Your company should be ashamed of themselves. You take people’s money in 20secs and not return it for nearly half a year. Acceptable?? I have records and transcripts of all contact and also I have my lodged complaint with Comreg. Disgraceful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bigpaul15

live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

info: You are now connected with John
    John: Hello, you're chatting with John, a member of Eircom Broadband Technical Support. How can I help you?
    Paul Daly: account <snip>
    Paul Daly: no technician yet and no broadband still
    John: Are you awaiting an engineer for an install or a fault?
    Paul Daly: a fault.
    John: One moment, please
    John: I can see the case is still with the technicians.
    Paul Daly: and??
    Paul Daly: a week with no internet again!!!!
    John: I am sorry to hear that, but the fault is with the engineers we are awaiting an update from the field crew. They should have been there today so it may be tomorrow when they call out. As it was assigned to a crew on the 08, a tech is usually out within 24 business hours after being assigned to a crew.
    Paul Daly: I was told it was 3 working days since the 16th of april. look at your records and youll see I requested one then
    John: Judging by my records the fault was logged in the 06-05. Last Wednesday.
    John: I can see records back to 15 April but no fault logged then
    Paul Daly: your records are wrong see when I spoke to your agent on the 16th and got no technician out
    John: read above message please
    Paul Daly: well I requested one to be sent then when I spoke to the foreign national sounding man at 9.22pm
    John: From what I can see the fault was logged on the 06-05, it usually takes 2 - 3 working days for the fault to be resolved. There appears to be small delays in resolving the fault. I would recommend checking back with us at lunch tomorrow if you have note heard from a technician
    Paul Daly: and lets say I do that and I say I've heard nothing. what's the next step then go another day without any service? service which I am being charged for
    John: The agent may have to contact the engineer controller to see what the delay is in getting an engineer out.
    Paul Daly: in simple English so Eircoms response to my situation is just wait till whenever they see fit to call?? If I feel like not paying my bill until which time it suits me that will be all good also?? I think not somehow.
    John: You misunderstood, if there is no engineer out by lunch time tomorrow the fault has gone over the 2 - 3 working days so we need to contact a controller to see why an engineer hasn't been out yet.
    Paul Daly: I think you're the one mistaken, my response was that they will contact them, which doesn't indicate a hurry up of the service or a guarantee in the engineer being to me before a certain period.
    Paul Daly: so basically ill be waiting until some point in the apparent distant future until these "engineer" call.
    John: Paul I have given you all the information I have. If you are dissatisfied with the service I recommend making a complaint on 1800 200 481 or by email on
    John: Should read
    Paul Daly: 4 complaints have been logged including a written version and all correspondence is sent to comreg along with this printed conversation history. the feeling I get is you're sick of trying to resolve the problem so you're washing your hands of the situation and for the umpteenth by your company time passing on the problem
    John: Paul I have no further information regarding the issue I recommend contacting us tomorrow after lunch tomorrow if the engineer hasn't shown up
    Paul Daly: i feel that response is inadequate, i have had no regular service since day 1 and now you simply say wait till tommmorrow, if i said contact me next week when my payment is due the attitude of your company wouldn't be so relaxed.
    John: Paul the fault is still within the SLA of 2 - 3 working days. There isn't much I can do here, if the fault goes above SLA we can contact the controller and see what the delay is and see about a priority.
    Paul Daly: by my reckoning the 15th of april is a lot longer to 2-3 days, i have the taped recording of the conversation which i requested through your company and the privacy control board of Ireland. in which you can hear me ask for an engineers visit and your colleague responded 2-3 days also. if you need a calculator to work out the amount of days im sure eircom will provide one
    John: As stated previously the fault was logged on the 06-05, the 07-05 being the first working day.
    John: So there isn't much that can be done until tomorrow regarding contacting someone
    Paul Daly: so your saying your colleague lied on the phone??
    John: You logged a fault with our agent Richie on the 06-05
    Paul Daly: read the previous message from myself i asked for a engineer on the 15th of april to which he responded i should expect a visit within 2-3days. are you saying he lied and did not log the fault
    Paul Daly: ????
    John: I am not saying that. I am saying the current fault was logged on the 06-05
    Paul Daly: so you're saying your colleague lied and never logged the fault?
    Paul Daly: do i need to type this again. i have already told you he said to expect one engineer within 2-3 days. now your saying it was logged on the 6th this would make him a liar would it not
    John: Unless he logged a different fault than what we do here. I cannot see any record of a fault here for fibre.
    John: Could it have been a phone fault he logged?
    Paul Daly: no it was not. i don't have a phone plugged in so no it wasn't a phone fault. it was a broadband fault
    John: I double checked and there was a phone fault logged on 15th
    Paul Daly: well he logged the wrong fault. i have no phone plugged in to use your service which can obviusoly be checked by seeing incoming and outgoing calls are non existent
    John: One moment, please
    John: I have checked the time of the faults and the engineer couldn't have logged a fault for fibre as the faults cannot be logged after 21.00, are you sure you didn't mishear the agent
    Paul Daly: no i have not and i have the recording to back this up.
    John: I understand, I would recommend calling our call center if you wish to continue to speak with someone as the web-chat will finish at 17.30
    Paul Daly: this is laughable. i wouldn't waste my time. you have been nothing but unhelpful to a ridiculous level. again thanks for nothing John
    John: You're welcome, thanks for getting in touch with us!
    info: A copy of this chat transcript will be sent to at the end of this chat.

info: Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

info: All of our team are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience, we will be with you shortly.
    info: You are now connected with Paul
    Paul: Hello, you're chatting with Paul, a member of Eircom Broadband Technical Support. How can I help you?
    Paul: You’re through to broadband support, can I take your eircom broadband land line number please?
    Paul Daly: I was advised by your colleague John to contact you if I hear nothing from an engineer for a vist. account number is <snip>
    Paul: Let me look into this
    Paul: Your patience is appreciated, thank you.
    Paul: Bear with me while I make a few phone calls thanks
    Paul Daly: ok
    Paul: Ok
    Paul: Sorry for the delay. This was under investigation on the exchange site from the 6th. The network engineers needed to check for various issues such as congestion for example. It has been found ok at the exchange assigned to a different crew who look after the lines specifically  and now the lines are under investigation. In most cases if there is a fault will be outside.The engineer is checking out the line from the exchange forward.If access to the house is needed the engineer will call in advance or an appointment can also be arranged have requested the engineer over this job to contact you back with an update regarding a time frame for restoration of service. I have also requested to have this put at highest priority.Apologies for the inconvenience caused. You will be rebated. <snip> will be the reference number on this case.
    Paul:
    Paul Daly: I understand all this but I initially looged this complaint on the 15th/16th of April with your colleague by phone who incorrectly logged it as a phone fault, as there is no active phone on site I cant understand why. to this point I am coming up to 1 month with no. access
    Paul: In regards to any mistakes that may have or may not have been made, the customer complaints department would need to investigate this. However I do apolagize for that now.
    Paul: I can only however advise regarding work being carried out by our engineers. A separate query would need to put in with customer complaints as to why no fault was logged when you stated. However I understand your frustration.

info: Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

info: All of our team are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience, we will be with you shortly.
    info: You are now connected with Vincent
    Vincent: Hello, you are chatting with Vincent your eircom-service chat advisor, how can I help you today?
    Paul Daly: HI Vincent, im due a refund by cheque. can you tell me if this has been sent or what the situation is.
    Paul Daly: account number is <snip>
    Vincent: Hi Paul
    Vincent: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Vincent: The final invoice was issued on the 6th July Paul, the credit has now been applied to the account and the chequie was sent for processing yesterday the 8th. It will be out to you within 14 days
    Paul Daly: thanks
    Vincent: No problem Paul.
    Vincent: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

info: You are now connected with Alana
    Alana: Welcome to the eircom-service webchat, my name is Alana how can I help you today?
    Paul Daly: HI Alana I am due a refund for the last 3 months and received nothing can you advise. Account number is <snip>. also I received a bill that says I have 175eur credit on my account
    Paul Daly: the statement was received yesterday
    Alana: Hi Paul, I understand your query. I will check that refund for you and advise you on it.
    Alana: I can see there was a delay with the cheque being issued as they needed the bill to be issued, as it has, I will need to raise this to them in order to refund the payment to you. This will be sent to you within 10 working days Paul, I do apologise for the delay.
    Paul Daly: so no cheque has been sent??
    Paul Daly: I was told and have this is writing the cheque had been issued 2 weeks ago and I should receive it in 14 working days
    Alana: I understand, I do apologise but looking at the notes on the account they have advised that credit management will not send the cheque until the bill was issued, I do apologise again.
    Paul Daly: Vincent: Hello, you are chatting with Vincent your eircom-service chat advisor, how can I help you today? Paul Daly: HI Vincent, im due a refund by cheque. can you tell me if this has been sent or what the situation is. Paul Daly: account number is 19880758 Vincent: Hi Paul Vincent: One moment please, I'll check that for you... Vincent: The final invoice was issued on the 6th July Paul, the credit has now been applied to the account and the chequie was sent for processing yesterday the 8th. It will be out to you within 14 days Paul Daly: thanks Vincent: No problem Paul.
    Paul Daly: this is the transcript of the conversation with your agent.
    Paul Daly: so he lied basically???
    Alana: He went but the notes on the account which was since updated, i do apologise but the cheque has not been issued as of yet.
    Alana: This will be sent within 10 working days for you.
    Paul Daly: can I get a copy of the notes please. this is on going for 3 months.
    Paul Daly: please advise refund amount and latest possible eta for this cheque
    Alana: I can not issue you a copy of the noes, I can advise only they have advise that they did need to wait until the bill has been issued and then the cheque will be sent. The amount is €176.29, and will be issued within 10 working days, please allow up to 3 working days for post
    Alana: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    info: A copy of this chat transcript will be sent toat the end of this chat.

info: You are now connected with Adrian
    Paul Daly: HI my account number is <snip>, im due a refund by cheque. can you advise of an eta on this please. thanks
    Adrian: Welcome to the eircom-service webchat, my name is Adrian how can I help you today?
    Paul Daly: HI my account number is <snip>, im due a refund by cheque. can you advise of an eta on this please. thanks
    Adrian: Hi Paul,
    Adrian: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Adrian: OK Paul, the note on the account states once the next bill is issued the refund will be issued, I will need to send this off to credit management again to get an update as the last invoice was issued on 6/8/15, I understand you have been waiting a while for the cheque so sorry for the delay,
    Paul Daly: going on 4 months now. can you advise asap please as to the stauts
    Adrian: I will send this off again for you, and make note of it on your account, this will be updated in next 24-48 hours,
    Paul Daly: so in other words the refund has not even been processed??
    Adrian: It is still con your account, I will need to get an update on it for you, I can see there a various notes on the account,
    Paul Daly: this is ridiculous
    Adrian: I understand your frustration but I can only request an update for you from here I'm afraid,
    Paul Daly: who do I need to contact about this. this is a joke of a scenario. can you not go speak to a supervisor or manager??
    Adrian: I am escalating it to the relevant department for you, if you wish to speak with a manager, you will need to contact 1901.
    Paul Daly: its been escalated so much its probably at the moon at this stage adrian. what is the managers name
    Adrian: There is no manager in particular, they would be a number of supervisors, but to speak with one you need to contact 1901, there is a Dublin office and a Cork office,

• Advertisement

info: You are now connected with Cody
    Cody: Welcome to the eircom-service webchat, my name is Cody how can I help you today?
    Paul Daly: HI Cody im due a refund by cheque and also a call back from the cheque issuing department. can you advise of the situation. my account number is <snip>
    Paul Daly: can you help??
    Cody: Good morning Paul. Sure, I understand.
    Cody: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Cody: Sorry for the delay Paul Daly , I’m still looking into that for you.
    Paul Daly: no problem
    Cody: Paul, there's a hold up somewhere along the line. You've been waiting too long for a credit, so my apologies. I will deal with this here and escalate it for you. Do you mind if I sort this and email you on  once I've an update?
    Paul Daly: yes that's fine. its been escalated 15 times now. ive requested multiple call backs and received nothing.
    Paul Daly: I was told the cheque has been sent on numerous occasions and received nothing
    Cody: I can see it was escalated multiple times so there is an issue somewhere so I will be re-requesting this for you Paul.
    Paul Daly: and an eta on anything happening??
    Cody: There's none I'm afraid. I would be unsure how long this will take but you shouldn't have to be waiting any longer.
    Paul Daly: Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Get straight onto ComReg.

Just spoke to Mary your customer service agent. And as she said she wasn't the person to speak to as she isn't a manager she couldn't help. I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor/ She stated they are all on their lunch. I asked when I could speak to one and she hung up on me. Comreg have already been contacted with the complaint. Eircom are a laughable amateur outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,573 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Bigpaul15 wrote: »
    Just spoke to Mary your customer service agent. And as she said she wasn't the person to speak to as she isn't a manager she couldn't help. I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor/ She stated they are all on their lunch. I asked when I could speak to one and she hung up on me. Comreg have already been contacted with the complaint. Eircom are a laughable amateur outfit.
    It never surprises me to hear this from them, EVERY time you ask for a manager/supervisor they are NEVER available, always at a meeting or lunch, Must apply for a job there, 8 hour lunch breaks sound like heaven to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

These things happen when a company is bought by a hedge fund and all the support work is outsourced on the cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Bigpaul15

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with this, it's clear apologies are certainly in order.

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

PM sent with the account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PM sent with the account number.
    Hi Bigpaul15

I have had confirmation from management in our accounts department that the cheque has been processed and will be with you within 30 days, It has been identified that Shane previously advised (yesterday) that you would have the cheque within 10 days and we would like to sincerely apologise for this error. I can also see Danielle has confirmed this by phone this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement