Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capital One Cup 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I dont think Hazard is actually as ****e as Mou is making him seem, hope he gets out by the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hazard world class me hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone else prefer the League Cup to the FA cup?

They are unpredictably enjoyable and being mid-week, don't interrupt the league programme.

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It was actually a pretty good shoot out. Some cracking penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That_Guy wrote: »
    Maybe not bitterness but it seems to be agitating you somewhat.

Not in the slightest.

efb wrote: »
    Not in the slightest.

I know how it feels to get knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday pal... I really do. :(

Just let it out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Everton,Stoke and Hull all through on penalties. Lose on Saturday and Jose will be gone that evening I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Tuesday night in Stoke.

I guess that myth is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Was it raining though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you've ever had the misfortune to go out at night in Stoke you'll know every night is rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was it raining though?

Raining Jose tears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hazard world class me hole

Because he missed a penalty? He'd be world class if he played for United though wouldn't he. If you genuinely don't think he is world class then who do you think is?

If you've ever had the misfortune to go out at night in Stoke you'll know every night is rough.

Friendly women though. Bit rough around edges, but after 8 pints....

Johner wrote: »
    Because he missed a penalty? He'd be world class if he played for United though wouldn't he. If you genuinely don't think he is world class then who do you think is?

No, no he ****ing would not.

Ronaldo, messi, Aguero, suarez

I know how it feels to get knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday pal... I really do. :(

Just let it out. :pac:

Swings it like a helicopter

Friendly women though. Bit rough around edges, but after 8 pints....

They would beat you in a fist fight

Raining Jose tears :D

Great at defending trophies...

They would beat you in a fist fight

Most of them anyway, especially if they use handbags ;-)

Most of them anyway, especially if they use handbags ;-)

Or their sexy cousin doesn't distract them...

• Advertisement

Or their sexy cousin doesn't distract them...

latest?cb=20100429015259

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So you'd rather not win a trophy? It's not like you're going to win the Champions League or Premier League is it?

For a fanbase such as Arsenal's that demand success, it amazes me that you'd turn your nose up at a very winnable trophy.

Eh, what are you talking about? Arsenal have as good a chance as any team to win the Premier League. Not saying that they definitely will, but writing them off now,is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Eh, what are you talking about. Arsenal have as good a chance as any team to win the Premier League. Not saying that they definitely will, but writing them off now that s ridiculous.

If there's anything to be learned in the past few years its that Arsenal can't win the Premier League. I think they play the best football out of Chelsea and City. As I United fan I would still rather you's to win it from the other other top 4 but it just won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Thank god we will have Hooper and Foristieri on Saturday after we just managed to sneak 3 past Arsene nil. Phew.

Hope to avoid the big guns in next round.

#WAWAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Too bloody right it is. Coldest ground I have ever been to as well, on top of a hill with all corners open to the elements. Rain comes across sideways on some days. Horrible place to play in bad weather, or I should imagine it is, I know it is awful to watch games there and we are generally covered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They are unpredictably enjoyable and being mid-week, don't interrupt the league programme.
    Plus you don't have the whole nauseating media masturbation over "the magic of the cup".

The FA Cup should abolish replays imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Plus you don't have the whole nauseating media masturbation over "the magic of the cup".

Donrt prefer it, they are both an anachronistic waste of time.Never watch any games from either of them. Put a bullet through the leaugue cups head, i suppose youd have to keep the FA cup on life support for a few more years but move it to midweek and abolish replays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Donrt prefer it, they are both an anachronistic waste of time.Never watch any games from either of them. Put a bullet through the leaugue cups head, i suppose youd have to keep the FA cup on life support for a few more years but move it to midweek and abolish replays

Could not disagree more. It's ok to see it as a pain for the Premier League heavyweights (although I disagree with that view also), but try tell a Sheffield Wednesday fan this morning that the C1C is a 'waste of time'.

Try telling a Bradford fan that their run to Wembley was a 'waste of time' or even tell a Swansea fan that winning the trophy was a 'waste of time'

Even for the top Premier League teams there is only 4 trophies on offer each year, I don't see why the cups should be looked down on. Surely a fan should want his/her team to win things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Benimar wrote: »
    Could not disagree more. It's ok to see it as a pain for the Premier League heavyweights (although I disagree with that view also), but try tell a Sheffield Wednesday fan this morning that the C1C is a 'waste of time'.

Try telling a Bradford fan that their run to Wembley was a 'waste of time' or even tell a Swansea fan that winning the trophy was a 'waste of time'

Even for the top Premier League teams there is only 4 trophies on offer each year, I don't see why the cups should be looked down on. Surely a fan should want his/her team to win things?

Well said. I love the league cup and I'm a United fan. Like you say there's only 3/4 pots a season that you can win. For the vast majority of clubs the 2 euro's and the Prem is never going to happen so the 2 club cups are so important.

For the big clubs you only have to play 5 games to win this so it's not some massive distraction. It also allows for fringe players to get game time and young players to get introduced to competitive senior football.

No-one can say the games last night were anything but entertaining.

Benimar wrote: »

Prem teams should be allowed opt out, then the Bradford and Sheff wed fans still get their cup days out. How many prem teams would still opt to play in them ?Fk all id say and that says it all re the prestige of these mickey mouse competitions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

These days the League Cup is really about generating income for the lower leagues, ironically take out the Prems team and that income drops dramatically.

• Advertisement

Prem teams should be allowed opt out, then the Bradford and Sheff wed fans still get their cup days out. How many prem teams would still opt to play in them ?Fk all id say and that says it all re the prestige of these mickey mouse competitions

No way should teams get an opt out. The only teams who would opt out would be the top 4/5 and the only people making that decision would be the money men.

For the likes of Stoke it's the only real chance of silverware in the next twenty years so their fans would have a **** fit if they dropped out.

I don't know, Sheffield Wednesday / Stoke and their fans seemed pretty excited about the games last night. We may yet reach a point where clubs across the spectrum simply cannot sell tickets to League Cup games and that kills it off, but we don't seem anywhere near that point.

Why anyone would be calling for less football is beyond me. I love the cups, getting draws away to lower and non league teams is one of the best things about English football.

Well obv the fans of teams in english provincial dump towns like Bradford,Sheffield and Grimsby are going to be excited at the glamour and more importantly financial benefits of playing prem teams. As for more football, there is enough of it. at least one of the competitions has to go, is there a worse weekend in the year than FA cup round 3, give me an international break anytime

Well obv the fans of teams in english provincial dump towns like Bradford,Sheffield and Grimsby are going to be excited at the glamour and more importantly financial benefits of playing prem teams. As for more football, there is enough of it. at least one of the competitions has to go, is there a worse weekend in the year than FA cup round 3, give me an international break anytime

I literally couldn't disagree with you more.

You're entitled to your opinion.

2010 Manchester United
    2011 Birmingham City
    2012 Liverpool
    2013 Swansea City
    2014 Manchester City
    2015 Chelsea

Winners this decade so far of the Leaugue cup. Sure its a nice day out for Teams who havent a hope of winning anything else like Birmingham, Liverpool and swansea but I doubt theres many Man U,Man C and Chelsea fans eating up their monthly data watching replays of their finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

2010 Manchester United
    2011 Birmingham City
    2012 Liverpool
    2013 Swansea City
    2014 Manchester City
    2015 Chelsea

Winners this decade so far of the Leaugue cup. Sure its a nice day out for Teams who havent a hope of winning anything else like Birmingham, Liverpool and swansea but I doubt theres many Man U,Man C and Chelsea fans eating up their monthly data watching replays of their finals

tumblr_inline_nmj4gkRcqb1r9eyg8_500.gif

2010 Manchester United
    2011 Birmingham City
    2012 Liverpool
    2013 Swansea City
    2014 Manchester City
    2015 Chelsea

I actually flew over to London for the 2010 final so yeah I clearly valued the League cup. Fecking missed the game though because there was snow at Knock and we had to get bussed to Shannon. :mad:

Good thing Alan Pardew is such a good manager and Newcastle fans didn't have a clue what they're talking about.....

• Advertisement

5th round draw

Liverpool
    Soton
    Man City
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Everton
    Hull
    Man Utd/Boro
    Stoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Good thing Alan Pardew is such a good manager and Newcastle fans didn't have a clue what they're talking about.....

this comment, after a mickey mouse cup game where Palace lose to City, is hilarious, given the league position of both Palace and Newcastle.

And YOU were calling someone else bitter last night.

Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5th round draw

Liverpool
    Soton
    Man City
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Everton
    Hull
    Man Utd/Boro
    Stoke

Lies it is
    1 Everton
    2 Hull City
    3 Sheffield Wednesday
    4 Stoke City
    5 Liverpool
    6 Man City
    7 Man Utd / Boro
    8 Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

this comment, after a mickey mouse cup game where Palace lose to City, is hilarious, given the league position of both Palace and Newcastle.

And YOU were calling someone else bitter last night.

Lovely.

What score was the Newcastle game at the Etihad again? :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    What score was the Newcastle game at the Etihad again? :pac:

1-0... But I switched off at HT... ;)

Touche Baldy. Touche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Has a draw in this competition ever been delayed because a game is still going on? It's not necessary to know the final line up before the draw. Just do the usual A or B vs C.

Adam Clayton to the rescue for Boro.

u2adam-clayton15.jpg

Lies it is
    1 Everton
    2 Hull City
    3 Sheffield Wednesday
    4 Stoke City
    5 Liverpool
    6 Man City
    7 Boro
    8 Southampton

Updated :)

Draw any moment....

Soton v Liverpool
    Stoke v Wednesday
    Middlesboro v Everton
    Man City v Hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stoke have a great chance now with that draw. Everton too. Avoided the premierleague sides.

Advertisement