Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Finance Loan

Options
  • 11-08-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I am trying to pursue a postgraduate course. I researched thoroughly all my options and found that the postgraduate finance loan offered by Bank of Ireland was my best option. I made an appointment to speak to someone at my local branch and was quite shocked when this person had no idea what I was talking about. They proceeded to ask colleagues about the loan but nobody had heard of it. She also made several calls including to who she believed would be in charge of this type of loan and they also did not know anything about this loan.

This in my opinion is outrageous and unprofessional. The postgraduate finance loan is heavily advertised on Bank of Irelands website. There was even leaflets for this loan in the branch in question!

I have now applied for another loan but I feel I have been forced to apply for a loan with less favorable interest rates that the Postgraduate Finance loan.

I feel you should be made aware of the ignorance of your staff to the loans available to students. I am still interested in applying for the Postgraduate finance loan (and cancelling my application for the other loan)   and would be very grateful if you could but me in touch with someone in Bank of Ireland who has some knowledge about it. 

Thank you for any help you can provide in this matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

henry88 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to pursue a postgraduate course. I researched thoroughly all my options and found that the postgraduate finance loan offered by Bank of Ireland was my best option. I made an appointment to speak to someone at my local branch and was quite shocked when this person had no idea what I was talking about. They proceeded to ask colleagues about the loan but nobody had heard of it. She also made several calls including to who she believed would be in charge of this type of loan and they also did not know anything about this loan.

This in my opinion is outrageous and unprofessional. The postgraduate finance loan is heavily advertised on Bank of Irelands website. There was even leaflets for this loan in the branch in question!

I have now applied for another loan but I feel I have been forced to apply for a loan with less favorable interest rates that the Postgraduate Finance loan.

I feel you should be made aware of the ignorance of your staff to the loans available to students. I am still interested in applying for the Postgraduate finance loan (and cancelling my application for the other loan)   and would be very grateful if you could but me in touch with someone in Bank of Ireland who has some knowledge about it. 

Thank you for any help you can provide in this matter.
    Hi Henry88

Thanks for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. 

We would like to have this investigated on your behave, can you please send us a PM with your name, phone number and the name of the branch in question.

Janette

Advertisement