Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming pc

• 11-08-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I am looking for a gaming pc that comes with a monitor and a wireless card for less than 600 euro.

I need it to be able to run games like minecraft and arma 3 with out dropping too many frames .

Any suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

1tb HDD €55
    8gb RAM €50
    Case €30
    i3 4160 €120
    GTX 660Ti €100 (second hand)
    H81M board €50
    400w PSU €50
    Total €500 or so with the second hand card.

Pick up a cheap monitor, or a second hand TV.

Any questions, ask away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You should ask in the building forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 6 _Templeton

Sorry mate im new to this website and just assumed gaming would be the category for this post.

Is the pc you recommended capable of running the likes of minecraft or arma at high fps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It'd run Arma at Medium-High at 60fps. I would recommend trying to pick up a second hand R9 270X for €120-130 either.

Minecraft depends on how many mods you plan on using

• Advertisement

Thank you for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Just noting, no type of build will give you very high FPS in high object rendering areas (e.g like a city) in Arma 3. I have a I7-4790k & GTX 980TI and I still get about 30-40 (at best) FPS in city areas in Arma 3. You'll definitely hit good FPS once outside city areas though. If you're struggling with frame drops then you'll need to go into the Arma 3 config files and reduce the viewdistance and object render related view distances and tweak additional settings as required. Unfortunately CPU is more vital in Arma games at the moment than a GPU, all a GPU does for the game is render graphics textures but the CPU handles all the calcs/simulation and the object rendering. It's unfortunately a engine limitation for the game.

Advertisement