Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My IPhone 6 has developed a bright patch on screen what's the best course of action??

• 11-08-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭

over the last 24 hours my iPhone 6 has developed a small patch of bright pixels(It's not dead or stuck pixels) it's in the top left hand corner underneath the battery indicator its most noticeable on greyish screens like the boards site. Now that I've seen it I can't stop seeing it. So I bought the phone direct from Apple and took the AppleCare protection as well. The phone has been in a case since getting it and there is not a mark on the screen.
    1) I know they offer quick replacement where they book the price against your card until you send the old one in. Have some of you used that program and how did you find it? I don't want the replacement phone that might be in a poor condition or with other issues. What are you guys experience with this program?
    2) send it to Apple for repair. Anyone gone this route? Do they send you back your actual phone or a different one? Does it take long?

This is why Dublin needs an Apple Store so you could make an appointment drop in and they can repair or replace there and then.

Any advice from your experiences would greatly help me decide which option

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Express replacement is included once you have the APP, so you'lol have the replacement in your hand first.. All refurb phones get new casings whether they need it or not. I used it earlier this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So if you go the express route, do you return the old phone at your own cost or will Apple get it picked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

So if you go the express route, do you return the old phone at your own cost or will Apple get it picked up?

UPS deliver the phone to you, you call them and have them collect the phone the next day or whenever suits before the 10 day time frame ends. €29 unless you have AC+ / APP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Just set up advance replacement for my iPhone 6+ (camera crescent and AF issue). Don't have apple care so have to pay the €29. I don't think it matters which route you take as I don't think you'll get your own Phone back either way although that could have changed. I wouldn't worry about the phone you get, done it a few times, phone you get maybe refurb but is as new. As someone said new casing and screen and afaik new battery as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads here is picture of the issue its not that easy to see via the picture but it's there and only appeared in the last 24 hours Very strange. Anyway I hope the AppleCare support people will be able to see the issue from the photo. It's just above the 3 dots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks lads here is picture of the issue its not that easy to see via the picture but it's there and only appeared in the last 24 hours Very strange. Anyway I hope the AppleCare support people will be able to see the issue from the photo. It's just above the 3 dots.
    See it alright. I'd print the picture, circle the issue, and stick it in the bag with the phone.

Just off the phone with Apple support so gone with the express route. UPS should have replacement phone out within 2-3 working days. They said I might be able to give them the phone straight away or might have to arrange for them to come and collect the next day. The customer service rep was very helpful and recommended I took pictures of the my phone in case it get's damaged in transit so I can prove it left in perfect condition when UPS collect. In your experinces with this program do UPS collect the old phone when they deliver the replacement or had you to ring UPS to come back and collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Generally I find they're a bit pushy and want your phone straight away however I think you can organise collection for later as well...
    Still waiting for mine, used to be next day delivery, it better be here tmrw otherwise I'm gone...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just off the phone with Apple support so gone with the express route. UPS should have replacement phone out within 2-3 working days. They said I might be able to give them the phone straight away or might have to arrange for them to come and collect the next day. The customer service rep was very helpful and recommended I took pictures of the my phone in case it get's damaged in transit so I can prove it left in perfect condition when UPS collect. In your experinces with this program do UPS collect the old phone when they deliver the replacement or had you to ring UPS to come back and collect?

you can do either. I find it easier to have the phone wiped and ready to go, it saves having to around twice. They may deliver in the morning and collect in the afternoon, you can ask the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

whiterebel wrote: »
    you can do either. I find it easier to have the phone wiped and ready to go, it saves having to around twice. They may deliver in the morning and collect in the afternoon, you can ask the driver.

The policy is that you arrange collection before your deadline. If the UPS driver allows you to give it as a straight swap that is fine but they shouldn't be pushing you to swap it same day as you have the right to keep it until the 10 day expires, to give you time to transfer data over etc.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    The policy is that you arrange collection before your deadline. If the UPS driver allows you to give it as a straight swap that is fine but they shouldn't be pushing you to swap it same day as you have the right to keep it until the 10 day expires, to give you time to transfer data over etc.

Yeah it would be great to do a straight drop with the driver just a bit concerned that my backup might miss something or go corrupt. I suppose the main thing is pictures and videos backed up music etc should also be synced with iTunes apps can be downloaded again and move all contacts to sim, that should do it!

Advertisement