Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Customers Complaints Procedure

Options
  • 11-08-2015 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

I've been an Eircom Business customer for about a year and a half now and my experience in that time has been beyond disasterous. On top of that every time I ask to be put through to complaints I am told that I can only log a complaint through the person I am talking to which I have done several times but to date no-one from a complaints department has ever gotten back to me.

My current issue (aside from the fact that I am STILL waiting for credit due to be added to my account for my last issue months ago) is that for some reason Three/O2 mobile customers can't ring my land line (other mobile networks do not have this issue). When they try to ring us it sounds like the phone is ringing but the phone in the shop does not ring. They then get to one of those standard voice mail messages (the customer at ***** cannot be reached, please leave a message after the tone) which again is not our voicemail mailbox either.

I have tried ringing from other networks and they work fine so I logged a call with Eircom on Thursday. Rang to follow up today and was told the call was cleared as the fault was no longer present which is incorrect as I tested it before and after my call to eircom.

To be honest at this stage I have no faith that the issue will be resolved in anything approaching a prompt timeframe and I believe this fault has been on the line since March when we moved premises. I have no idea how much business this has cost me over the last few months but given the market share of O2/Three within the mobile network and how many of our incoming business is initiated from Mobile phone calls I dread to think!

Could I get a CLEAR idea of exactly what the correct complaints procedure for Eircom business customers is so that I can ensure I have followed it completely before moving on to Comreg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Gambler wrote: »
    I've been an Eircom Business customer for about a year and a half now and my experience in that time has been beyond disasterous. On top of that every time I ask to be put through to complaints I am told that I can only log a complaint through the person I am talking to which I have done several times but to date no-one from a complaints department has ever gotten back to me.

My current issue (aside from the fact that I am STILL waiting for credit due to be added to my account for my last issue months ago) is that for some reason Three/O2 mobile customers can't ring my land line (other mobile networks do not have this issue). When they try to ring us it sounds like the phone is ringing but the phone in the shop does not ring. They then get to one of those standard voice mail messages (the customer at ***** cannot be reached, please leave a message after the tone) which again is not our voicemail mailbox either.

I have tried ringing from other networks and they work fine so I logged a call with Eircom on Thursday. Rang to follow up today and was told the call was cleared as the fault was no longer present which is incorrect as I tested it before and after my call to eircom.

To be honest at this stage I have no faith that the issue will be resolved in anything approaching a prompt timeframe and I believe this fault has been on the line since March when we moved premises. I have no idea how much business this has cost me over the last few months but given the market share of O2/Three within the mobile network and how many of our incoming business is initiated from Mobile phone calls I dread to think!

Could I get a CLEAR idea of exactly what the correct complaints procedure for Eircom business customers is so that I can ensure I have followed it completely before moving on to Comreg.
    Hi Gambler

I'm sorry to hear of theses issues and apologise for the inconvenience this is creating. Please do feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll seek clarification.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Sending you a PM with both now but I would still like to know (publicly on the forum) what the official complaints procedure for business customers is?

Sending you a PM with both now but I would still like to know (publicly on the forum) what the official complaints procedure for business customers is?
    Hi Gambler

The official routes to make a business complaint are the same as consumer complaints and are as follows:

You can fill the following online application to submit a complaint: [font=Times New Roman","serif]https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp
    [/font]

You can post your complaint to

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]You can also contact the business service center on free phone 1800601701 (although for consumer the number is free phone 1901)[/font]
    Thanks
    Al

Hi Gambler

The official routes to make a business complaint are the same as consumer complaints and are as follows:

You can fill the following online application to submit a complaint: https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

You can post your complaint to

Customer complaints
    5th Floor,
    Telephone house
    Marlborough street,
    Dublin 1

You can also contact the business service center on free phone 1800601701 (although for consumer the number is free phone 1901)
    Thanks
    Al

Actually the last time I logged a complaint that way I got an email to say that to log a complaint as a business customer I had to phone 1800601701.

My question is after I log a complaint what is the procedure supposed to be, since becoming a customers I have "lodged" 8 or 9 complaints through 1800601701 and have never received a response of any sort..

And now Eircom are telling me it's not their problem and it's down to me to contact Three myself to resolve it.

I am paying EIRCOM for a service, EIRCOM are not providing that service but it's down to ME to try and get it resolved?!

Why exactly am I paying Eircom?

• Advertisement

Just rang Three myself despite my misgivings and while they were actually extremely helpful (much more so than any of my calls with Eircom to date) they were able to tell me that it appears to be an issue with the routing tables and that they would need the Eircom engineers to contact their engineers to resolve it.

I should also add that the engineer who called out was EXCEPTIONALLY Rude. Basically told me it wasn't his problem, it wasn't Eircoms problems so I need to sort it myself. I told him that as far as I was concerned I pay Eircom to provide my landline, if someone needs to liaise with Three to resolve it that should be Eircom and he basically told me tough I'd have to sort it myself and he was closing the call to say it was resolved from Eircoms side.

I should also add that the engineer who called out was EXCEPTIONALLY Rude. Basically told me it wasn't his problem, it wasn't Eircoms problems so I need to sort it myself. I told him that as far as I was concerned I pay Eircom to provide my landline, if someone needs to liaise with Three to resolve it that should be Eircom and he basically told me tough I'd have to sort it myself and he was closing the call to say it was resolved from Eircoms side.
    Hi Gambler

I am awaiting clarification on this matter from managers in our technical support department. As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Palyo

Could very well be a call barring on your system through Eircom  ? Have you ever blocked any numbers from use on your landline?

Hi Gambler

I am still awaiting further information on the case - I can see that it remains under investigation.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement