Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway camera shop?

Options
  • 11-08-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone have an opinions on this shop ? I have found them to be less than friendly for anyone looking to browse or asking for help on purchasing.

Have things changed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Not the most customer-friendly certainly, but if you can ignore the lack of fawning and a bit of impatience, both guys there are very knowledgeable and helpful once you actually know what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Great guys, know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Dealt with the older gentleman last weekend and thought he was quite helpful actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I have never been to this shop. I'm not trying to be smart but can you actually power up the camera in the shop and go through the functions. Went into Currys to have a look and all the ones I looked at were dead. I asked two Sales People standing together and they couldn't give a toss.

I'll be honest; I was just interested in seeing the functions. I was going to purchase in the US anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sgthighway wrote: »
    I'll be honest; I was just interested in seeing the functions. I was going to purchase in the US anyway.

Can you not find a Youtube video review to show you that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

sgthighway wrote: »
    I have never been to this shop. I'm not trying to be smart but can you actually power up the camera in the shop and go through the functions. Went into Currys to have a look and all the ones I looked at were dead. I asked two Sales People standing together and they couldn't give a toss.

To be fair that's the advantage that the camera shop offers. Yes, their prices are more expensive, but the staff are very knowledgeable with a genuine interest in what they're selling.

Currys? The price is right, of course. But the staff? They're typical retail staff - some more knowledgeable than others granted but on the whole, they're simply there to make sales and most don't know much about the product at hand.

That's the reason independent retailers exist - what they lack in value for money then more than make up for in experience and knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

if its like for like you should try support your local retailer

Advertisement