Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Help!

Options
  • 11-08-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? 400/500
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming - (GTA 5, FSX), Video Editing (Nothing major), Photoshop etc...
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? No
    5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Not in any major rush - 1920 X 1080
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If needed, probably not.
    8. How can you pay? Credit Card
    9. When are you purchasing? Give or take - 50 days
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

Thanks,
    Mightydrumming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How important is FSX to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

How important is FSX to you?

Thanks for the reply!

I wouldn't be expecting anything incredible - graphics wise. Just once it's half decent and runs smoothly.

Can it be done?

Yeah it's highly CPU intensive though, on your budget you can go for general gaming performance or good FSX performance, but I'll see what I can do for a parts list.

Yeah it's highly CPU intensive though, on your budget you can go for general gaming performance or good FSX performance, but I'll see what I can do for a parts list.

Perfect, sure see what you can do! I would be looking to lean more towards GTA 5 with mods on 1080p - would that be possible at all? Thanks again :)

Right FSX is dual core so an i3 is fairly good I reckon, this is the general low budget build.

i3 4160 €120
    H81M board €50
    8gb RAM €50
    1tb HDD €50
    400w PSU €50
    Zalman A1 €20
    Second hand R9 270X €120 or so
    €20 for a W7 key with free upgrade to W10.
    Total is €480, so I've a little for delivery.

Should handle GTAV at Med-High settings fairly well, FSX should be more than playable on it.

Buy from Alternate, caseking, mindfactory or Amazon.

Any questions, ask away

• Advertisement

Right FSX is dual core so an i3 is fairly good I reckon, this is the general low budget build.

i3 4160 €120
    H81M board €50
    8gb RAM €50
    1tb HDD €50
    400w PSU €50
    Zalman A1 €20
    Second hand R9 270X €120 or so
    €20 for a W7 key with free upgrade to W10.
    Total is €480, so I've a little for delivery.

Should handle GTAV at Med-High settings fairly well, FSX should be more than playable on it.

Buy from Alternate, caseking, mindfactory or Amazon.

Any questions, ask away

Nice one, thanks a million! Now lets scrape out those penny's haha :) I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again,
    Mightydrumming

Hi Digital Solitude

Just a quick question: Have you had any experience with financing in relation to computer builds?

Thanks again,
    Mightydrumming

Don't know any that offer it outside of their home country, as Lu Tze said in the other thread, a load is probably your best bet.

Afternoon all! If anyone gets a chance, let me know what you think about these specs... Found a guy on that does custom PC's and all of below for 450!

I would be looking to run GTA 5, FSX etc... - along with video editing, and general browsing.

Yah or nah?

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LE

CPU: AMD FX-4100, quad core, 4 x 3.8GHz turbo (4 x 3.6GHz base) with NEXUS LOW-7000 R2 CPU Cooler Memory:

8GB DDR3

Graphics: ASUS Radeon HD 6670 1GB, GDDR5, DirectX11

PSU : 450W

Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Optical Drive: DVD Drive

Will seriously struggle with any modern games. I don't think FSX will even be playable on a 4100

• Advertisement

Will seriously struggle with any modern games. I don't think FSX will even be playable on a 4100

Thanks a mill Digital Solitude! Won't be going for that so lol :) I'll have 450/500 by Saturday week so on the look-out. I'm going to stick with your specs, any other recommendations? I have tried those sites that you have listed above, what would the most reliable be? Would Amazon be an option?

Thanks again!

Amazon is grand yeah, UK might be expensive cos Sterling is so strong. Mindfactory has been used by a few here

Amazon is grand yeah, UK might be expensive cos Sterling is so strong. Mindfactory has been used by a few here

Perfect, thanks a mill for everything!

Advertisement