Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled A/C

Options
  • 11-08-2015 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Eircom reps, I’ll list events as occurred.

18 month contract for eFibre, eVision & house phone with 17mths expired.

June 10th, contacted 1901 to cancel account via 30days notice period. Informed of email address to use, sent email and gained auto-reply response.
    I’d paperless billing enabled where end of June received email to say July fee was ~68€, looked at online account and witnessed line rental fees etc to end of July. Phoned 1901 and told that was just “the system” and I’d receive my final bill when account ended July 13th.

July 13th~14th, all services ended and access to my online account terminated. Note from June 10th to July 13th the only communication [written or verbal] via Eircom was when I phoned re bill query. For past 3 weeks I was expecting to receive final account statement via post, nothing received so yesterday I again phoned 1901. During this call I was made aware that a case needed to be opened to identify why I didn’t get a closing statement as I was expecting a refund. It was also suggested by the CS rep that I cancel my bank direct debit details which I did while waiting on-hold. The CS rep then came back and said that I was also being billed for not returning the modem, I informed him I wasn’t aware of this requirement as I received no contact [written or verbal] from Eircom. As I was driving when eventually taken off hold I wasn’t able to record the details to return modem so I kindly ask that you share this.

My details are in the PVT msg that I sent to eircom: reps last Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

keanep1 wrote: »
    Eircom reps, I’ll list events as occurred.

18 month contract for eFibre, eVision & house phone with 17mths expired.

June 10th, contacted 1901 to cancel account via 30days notice period. Informed of email address to use, sent email and gained auto-reply response.
    I’d paperless billing enabled where end of June received email to say July fee was ~68€, looked at online account and witnessed line rental fees etc to end of July. Phoned 1901 and told that was just “the system” and I’d receive my final bill when account ended July 13th.

July 13th~14th, all services ended and access to my online account terminated. Note from June 10th to July 13th the only communication [written or verbal] via Eircom was when I phoned re bill query. For past 3 weeks I was expecting to receive final account statement via post, nothing received so yesterday I again phoned 1901. During this call I was made aware that a case needed to be opened to identify why I didn’t get a closing statement as I was expecting a refund. It was also suggested by the CS rep that I cancel my bank direct debit details which I did while waiting on-hold. The CS rep then came back and said that I was also being billed for not returning the modem, I informed him I wasn’t aware of this requirement as I received no contact [written or verbal] from Eircom. As I was driving when eventually taken off hold I wasn’t able to record the details to return modem so I kindly ask that you share this.

My details are in the PVT msg that I sent to eircom: reps last Friday.
    Hi keanep1

I'm very sorry to hear this, the modem should have picked up, although I can arrange the charges to be removed and send you the address to send the modem to. Also the final bill should reflect a change in the charges to reflect when the account was closes. Please PM me your eircom account number and I'll arrange a swift resolution to this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement