Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji x100s vs.......

• 11-08-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi all. Ok before I ask some recommendations, my background. Started with an Eos 400d with kit and 50mm prime. Great camera but autofocus horrible and high ISO terrible. Also have an old Nikkormat (my favourite black and white shots from this film camera).

Was initially planning on a used 5dmk2 but the Fuji x100 series (would get the x100s used) appeals: back to basics functionality with excellent lens, ISO performance and picture quality.

My concern lies with the autofocus which apparently is not great (but no doubt will be leagues ahead of my 7year old 400d). Reason being is I do have children and thus excellent AF is a requirement.

I am told that the mirrorless Fuji cameras have better AF, is this true? This would tempt me if I can get same traditional controls and similar lens and picture quality. Any advice or alternative suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

A lot has changed in 7 years.
    Canon 5DMk2 is full frame sensor while Fuji X100 is cropped (smaller - APS-C) sensor
    I would not recommend 5DMk2 if you need accurate and fast focus.
    Maybe you could test in the shop latest Canon APS-C offering like 750/760D, as i said a lot has changed in last 7 years.
    Canon 750D has faster focus then Fuji X100s, has a touch screen, has higher resolution - 24 MP vs 16 MP, has better ISO, Longer battery life and its meant to be cheaper then Fuji. Also more lenses and cheaper lenses. I’m only mentioning this as you are already familiar with your Canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Just an update, now with the x100T out, I managed to get a great deal on an x100s.

OMG, what an awesome camera, low light is amazing and lens is super sharp!

Advertisement