Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental damage.

Options
  • 11-08-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hi I have recently broke the front glass panel on the oven door. I must state this was highly accidental and was due to moving the table and chairs. I have tried replacing the oven door however due to the oven not being in production anymore I have had no luck .

So I guess the question is am I pretty much obligated to purchase a whole new oven? I have had no dealings with the landlord yet as I am a new tennant in a house share and none of the others have his number.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Sirsok wrote: »
    Hi I have recently broke the front glass panel on the oven door. I must state this was highly accidental and was due to moving the table and chairs. I have tried replacing the oven door however due to the oven not being in production anymore I have had no luck .

So I guess the question is am I pretty much obligated to purchase a whole new oven? I have had no dealings with the landlord yet as I am a new tennant in a house share and none of the others have his number.

First and foremost .. Report this to the landlord, it is probably a stipulation on your lease that all
    Damages must be reported.

A spare part might be impossible to get .. So this is where you need to come to an arrangement with the landlord - about what is needed to be replaced.

a new over can be got for as little as a couple of hundred quid

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Aimead

Not cheap but have done a good job for us in the past:
    http://www.ovenglass.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Thanks for the responses and links folks

Advertisement