Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 to spend

Options
  • 11-08-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

A friend of mine has about €800 to spend on a computer upgrade. He says he is happy with his current 22" screens, keyboard, mouse, etc. His current PC is pretty old (core duo) and he likes playing games such as WoW and stuff like that.

He would like to get as good a board/cpu/memory/graphics upgrade as possible with his budget. I belive he'll also need a new case and PSU as the ones he has are pretty crappy.

Any help/pointers appreciated.

1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Home theater, watching videos, iTunes, games such as WoW and Star Wars(?)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No, I don't believe so. He has Windows 7 license that he will move to the new machine

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Yes, two 22" screens, keyboard and mouse. Otherwise no.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Don't know but he's happy with current screens

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Any

9. When are you purchasing? Now

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? n/a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He won't need much of a machine for WoW, and €800 will give a nice machine. Can you ask him to fill out the template in one of the stickies here, and I'll have a better idea of what he's after.

Advertisement