Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helder32

Can't post screenshots yet but here's the two teams
    Butland-McCarthy

Shaw-ward-Gomez-Morgan-Bassong

Sanchez-yaya-depay-mahrez-Westwood

Diouf-gomis-aguero + £3m left over to bring in hazard for depay the next week.

Other side has courtois, kompany, Cameron instead of butland, Bassong and Morgan with .5m left over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback, very much appreciated.

I don't share the same worries about Myhill to be honest, but then again I could be miles off. It just wouldn't be the first time Pulis will have spent money on a goalkeeper and never used him, he did the same when purchasing Hennessy at Palace. Foster will, IMO, be straight back into the side when he's fit in October anyway so it seems a bit of a wasted move on their part to me.

I think Liverpool's fixtures are quite good for their attacking players. ars, WHU, mnu, NOR, AVL - I think it's tough to get a better run of games than that for a striker in FPL.

I do really want to turn Chadli into Depay however. Harps suggestion of downgrading Silva to Yaya in order to make the aforementioned change while keeping Benteke does look like an option.

You're making me really want to go for Myhill again. It may be worth the risk. He's hardly gonna switch Myhill to Marshall to Foster within 2 or 3 months....

I'm in kolorav and shaw and can always switch one of those to Azpi if Chelsea defensive cover becomes a necessity again.

Depay and Diouf all the way for me. Liverpool not great fixtures and not free scoring yet. You can upgrade diouf to tekkers and downgrade depay to payet or Chadli if necessary.

I think I'll have depay and think about chadli from maybe gw5 when spurs play Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

On wildcard;

Team for this week with 0.7 ITB
    McCarthy (Home)

Smalling (Home) Shaw (Home) Kolarov (Away)

Silva (Away) Sanchez (Home) (captain) Payet (Home) Mahrez (Home)

Aguero (away) Gomis (Away) Kone (Home)

subs: mignolet albrighton gomez richards

Team for next week
    Mignolet (Home)

Richards (Home) Gomez (Home) Kolarov (Home)

Silva (Home) Sanchez (Home) Payet (Away) Mahrez (Away)

Aguero (Home) (captain) Gomis (Home) Kone (Away)

subs: mccarthy albrighton shaw smalling

After that week, we will have the international breaks and I will have 0.3ITB with 2 FT. I intend to use minimum 3 transfers, which will be a-4 hit taking out 3 of

Mignolet ---> Myhill
    Smalling ----> 4.0mil defender
    Either Mahrez or Albrighton
    > 4.5mil midfilelder

This will leave me with 3.7 million ITB.

I will then use this the following on week on a FT to move on either Gomis, Kone, Payet or Mahrez depending on form and who is performing.

The reason behind this is because I have plenty of players already price rised by .1 and hoping to catch the other .1 resale value on this.

Does this sound feasible or should I just focus on my team now and what I want going forward. I feel the team is strong enough with some preminum defenders and 3 big hitters with performing mid ranged midfielders and strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do you think Yaya will outscore Silva in the long run? I'm not so sure. Really don't know what to do. Will probably just leave it tonight, sleep on it and make the wrong decision 10 minutes before the deadline!

I asked on FF Scout whether they'd go for:

1) Silva + Chadli + Benteke

2) Yaya + Depay + Benteke

3) Silva + Depay + Diouf/Sakho

Option 3 seems to be preferred and what I'm leaning towards myself now after reading the comments of Zarquon and FHFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Work finished - check
    2 litre bottle of coca cola -check
    Several bars of chocolate - check
    Several bags of crisps - check
    iPhone charged- check
    iPad charged - check

It's wildcard time.

The night is but a pup and we are the dogs of War!

All of that rubbish won't have you thinking straight at all...good thing your on here and in the right hands to guide you to make the right choices:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Do you think Yaya will outscore Silva in the long run? I'm not so sure. Really don't know what to do. Will probably just leave it tonight, sleep on it and make the wrong decision 10 minutes before the deadline!

Silva all day long for me. He's continuing his form of last season.

I also think Benteke is worth keeping. A goal already, could have had a second and was making the right runs vs Stoke but just not getting the ball.

I had the opposite opinion last Xmas when I looked at him but he looks good so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I am currently finalising my wildcard options before confirming in the morning (depending on price changes).

Anyway I have 3 possible options; all involve a similar defence of Kolarov and Darmian with 5 x 4.4/4.5 rotators.

Option 1 (3-4-3)
    Fletcher-Silva-Sanchez-Depay-Mahrez
    Diouf/Sakho-Aguero-Gomis

Option 2 (mostly 3-5-2)
    Silva-Sanchez-Depay-Ayew/Chadli-Mahrez
    Koné/Ighalo-Aguero-Gomis

Option 3 (3-5-2)
    Silva-Sanchez-Depay-Payet-Mahrez
    Watmore-Aguero-Gomis

All the above are pretty tight on price (some depend on risers/fallers tonight) but I can wiggle by swapping defenders/keepers. Which one would you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

All of that rubbish won't have you thinking straight at all...good thing your on here and in the right hands to guide you to make the right choices:p

Currently in process of getting the little mites to bed (taking longer than hoped)....
    So please respond to my 'coked' up draft plans later lads and ladies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

menoscemo wrote: »
    I am currently finalising my wildcard options before confirming in the morning (depending on price changes).

Anyway I have 3 possible options; all involve a similar defence of Kolarov and Darmian with 5 x 4.4/4.5 rotators.

Option 1 (3-4-3)
    Diouf/Sakho-Aguero-Gomis

Option 2 (mostly 3-5-2)
    Koné/Ighalo-Aguero-Gomis

Option 3 (3-5-2)
    Watmore-Aguero-Gomis

All the above are pretty tight on price (some depend on risers/fallers tonight) but I can wiggle by swapping defenders/keepers. Which one would you go for?

Well I have gone for option 1, not sure about 3-5-2 as a tactic, you are leaving a 5m player on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Option 1 (3-4-3)
    Diouf/Sakho-Aguero-Gomis

Option 2 (mostly 3-5-2)
    Koné/Ighalo-Aguero-Gomis

Option 3 (3-5-2)
    Watmore-Aguero-Gomis

If I decide not to chase the price rises on my current half risers and make changes now, the structure of my team is quite similar.

Contemplating changing
    Smalling ----> Souare (Have Smalling as a .1 riser)
    Mahrez ----> Depay (Mahrez has rose .2, so dont mind transferring him)
    Myhill ----> Mignolet (have a 0.1 rise, doesn't look like he will rise anytime soon)

This leaves me with;

Silva - Sanchez- Depay - Payet

Aguero -

Then my 2 other attackers 2 of Ighalo, Albrighton & Gomis

Would you go ahead and transfer if you where happy with the structure of your team or would you look for value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't make the call between yaya and silva - thinking of going with yaya and keeping the cash to potentially upgrade depay back to hazard in a couple of weeks if he takes off.

Chesty08 wrote: »

Would you go ahead and transfer if you where happy with the structure of your team or would you look for value?

I have Ayew who might rise tonight and give me a 0.1 sell on fee rise (also Have Gomis but I am definitely keeping him). I will also get Francis in as one of my defenders if he drops tonight (otherwise I will get Oshea).
    Basically I am waiting until tomorrow morning to make my changes but I won't be keeping anyone to chase a rise for next week. I want the team I have at 11:30 tomorrow to be my final draft.

Smartguy wrote: »
    Well I have gone for option 1, not sure about 3-5-2 as a tactic, you are leaving a 5m player on the bench.

Whatmore is 4.5m.

If I go with option 2 (a 5million striker) I will be rotating them occasionally with 1 midfielder.

It's always best to have playing substitutes as anyone can get injured/suspended etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Whatmore is 4.5m.

If I go with option 2 (a 5million striker) I will be rotating them occasionally with 1 midfielder.

It's always best to have playing substitutes as anyone can get injured/suspended etc....

Sorry thought whatmore was 5m, will he play regularly, much easier to get a 4.5m midfielder who plays every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

any thoughts on that final draft iroced. noted re the 2-5-3 chip
    myhill, schmeichel,
    richards, darmian, williams, sagna, targett
    depay, sanchez, payet, toure, mahrez,
    aguero, gomis, deeney
    wuth 0.1 in the bank
    GKs. WB & Leicester don't rotate very well. But Villa rotates perfectly with WB so maybe Guzan a better option than Schmeichel? Or Bournemouth's Boruc, very good rotation with WB too, good run of fixtures coming and you don't double up on Villa defense.

Defs. Looks like Targett may not play tomorrow now... But you may never play him. He's not dropping (so far) but will certainly if he misses out this week-end. Don't know what to tell you here since you don't have the funds to upgrade and your 3 premium def looks very good for the coming weeks.

Strikeforce. It certainly looks good, but I feel you're wasting a bit of cash there for someone that will be on your bench (Deeney or Mahrez). 2-5-3 doesn't sound like a great option next week since Deeney will be away to City.
    If you really trust Mahrez, I'd suggest you downgrade deeney to a £5.0m forward (e.g. Ighalo, Agbonlahor) or even a £4.5m one (but since none seem guaranteed it could backfire in a couple of weeks if needs be, though most bench fodder would return 2 or 3 pts so if yours returns 1 maybe it's worth the extra £0.5m, that's up to you ;)).

Only mid-term concern is no Chelsea cover.
    Be sure to prepare for a "must-get-Chelsea-cover" panic if they click on. With your current setting Yaya & Payet could make way for Pedro & Cabaye for example so it's not too bad. Only thing is if you want Hazard... but you won't be alone in that mess if the Belgian explodes...
    And at the back, Courtois + McCarthy = £9.5m would just need you to free £0.4m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Latest effort:

Egkla06.png

Changes are Huth and Richards out for Gomez and O'Shea (no money effect), Payet out for Chadli and Gomis and Deeney out for Benteke and Ighalo?

Better or worse? Have i weakened my midfield going with Chadli as my 3rd midfielder?

Smartguy wrote: »
    Sorry thought whatmore was 5m, will he play regularly, much easier to get a 4.5m midfielder who plays every week.

He might get some good starts; Sunderland need to shake things up. He was Premier League U21 player of the year last year.

For me it comes down to the following: Do I think Payet/Ayew/Chadli will outscore Sakho/Diouf?
    To be honest I think they will which is why I would lean towards 3-5-2 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

iroced wrote: »
    GKs. WB & Leicester don't rotate very well. But Villa rotates perfectly with WB so maybe Guzan a better option than Schmeichel? Or Bournemouth's Boruc, very good rotation with WB too, good run of fixtures coming and you don't double up on Villa defense.

Defs. Looks like Targett may not play tomorrow now... But you may never play him. He's not dropping (so far) but will certainly if he misses out this week-end. Don't know what to tell you here since you don't have the funds to upgrade and your 3 premium def looks very good for the coming weeks.

Strikeforce. It certainly looks good, but I feel you're wasting a bit of cash there for someone that will be on your bench (Deeney or Mahrez). 2-5-3 doesn't sound like a great option next week since Deeney will be away to City.
    If you really trust Mahrez, I'd suggest you downgrade deeney to a £5.0m forward (e.g. Ighalo, Agbonlahor) or even a £4.5m one (but since none seem guaranteed it could backfire in a couple of weeks if needs be, though most bench fodder would return 2 or 3 pts so if yours returns 1 maybe it's worth the extra £0.5m, that's up to you ;)).

Only mid-term concern is no Chelsea cover.
    Be sure to prepare for a "must-get-Chelsea-cover" panic if they click on. With your current setting Yaya & Payet could make way for Pedro & Cabaye for example so it's not too bad. Only thing is if you want Hazard... but you won't be alone in that mess if the Belgian explodes...
    And at the back, Courtois + McCarthy = £9.5m would just need you to free £0.4m.

all very sound advice again.. im settled enough but sure enough, i am now second guessing again. agreeed re mahrez/deeney.. and also, cabaye is a cheaper option than payet if he burns out soon.. might replace richards with huth and schemiechel with guzan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Wondering why the big interest in Depay in a lot of WC teams.....he hasn't done much in his two PL games so far and only shone when given loads of time on the ball by Brugge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wondering why the big interest in Depay in a lot of WC teams.....he hasn't done much in his two PL games so far and only shone when given loads of time on the ball by Brugge.

He played as a number 10 against Spurs and wasn't that effective as he is made for the wing imo. After his impact against Brugge I reckon LVG will keep him on the wing, and he should perform better. He's also on corners and some free kicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd be worried about Francis, he is borderline to a drop. If he doesn't drop tonight he will over the weekend barring good returns.

I'm hoping he drops tonight as he isn't in my team yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Are pool lucky to have their clean sheets or is it a decent unit of a defence? Looking at Mignolet

Are pool lucky to have their clean sheets or is it a decent unit of a defence? Looking at Mignolet

Haven't given up too many chances and have decent home fixtures. Gomez is solid enough at lb but is lacking going forward. Moreno may come in and he is the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'm hoping he drops tonight as he isn't in my team yet.

If he drops he is in my team. If he doesn't i will look elsewhere as he will drop tomorrow night instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any thoughts on this would be very welcome.

Here is where I think I'll be tomorrow morning.

Courtois, McCarthy

Darmian-Kolorov-Gomez-Richards-Targett

Silva-Alexis-Mahrez-(4.5 MF-Westwood/Obertan-Wayanama)-####(see below)

Defoe-Aguero-####(See below)

I know Silva/Aguero combo is killing the rest of my team but I'd rather appear foolish having both of them than missing out on points by not picking Silva.

Any opinions on;

with the 2 attacking slots I'm torn between

Option 1: MF: Depay(or Mata) FW: Gomis

Option 2: Costa(Rooney this week only) and a <5.7 MF

If i go with option 1: I'd be taking a -4 to get Costa in next week for Gomis, and change in MF.

Would it be mad to risk throwing Januzaj in there and Costa up front to have united-Chelsea attacking coverage?

Also for the 4.5 Mf slot
    Is Westwood guaranteed a start? (Not mad on doubling up with Richards in defence either.
    Obertan-playing well but their run of games are horrible.
    Wayanama-played both games so far and offered a serious threat from corners last weekend. (place may be under threat from Romeu, and Classie when fit)
    Anyone else I'm over looking? Darren Fletcher(WBA captain so guaranteed 60-90 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Disappointed about the lack of rises. Thought we'd have more

shineon23 wrote: »

Courtois, McCarthy

I know Silva/Aguero combo is killing the rest of my team but I'd rather appear foolish having both of them than missing out on points by not picking Silva.

Any opinions on;

If i go with option 1: I'd be taking a -4 to get Costa in next week for Gomis, and change in MF.

Would it be mad to risk throwing Januzaj in there and Costa up front to have united-Chelsea attacking coverage?

Also for the 4.5 Mf slot
    Is Westwood guaranteed a start? (Not mad on doubling up with Richards in defence either.
    Wayanama-played both games so far and offered a serious threat from corners last weekend. (place may be under threat from Romeu, and Classie when fit)
    Anyone else I'm over looking? Darren Fletcher(WBA captain so guaranteed 60-90 mins?

I'd go Option 1. I think Option 2 leaves your midfield too light with Mahrez being your 3rd mid.

I'm of the view that 3 big hitters is probably the correct level, once you go to the 4th it has too much of a detrimental effect on the rest of the team.

I haven't really looked at the 4.5m mids but Fletcher would seem the most secure to start.

My current team is posted on previous page. Any chance you could throw an eye over it?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Francis has gone to 100.7 now...here's hoping.

I think I'm going to leave Depay.

Spent some time analysing the players over the next few weeks who I'll be in fear of not owning (a la Benteke in the week gone by). Aguero being an almost automatic captain eases the fear a bit, but not owning someone like Benteke with a great fixture, high ownership and captained by many is where the big risks lie.

Depay only features on my "Dangermen" list in GWs 3(NEW) and 7(SUN). Meanwhile Kane is worrysome in GWs 3(lei), 5(sun) and 6 (CPL) and Benteke in GWs 4(WHU) and especially 6(NOR) and 7(AVL).

Hazard/Chelsea cover is a worry in GW4(CPL) but its not till GW7 their fixtures really ease up for a run where you'd fear not owning Haz etc (new, SOT, AVL).

Unless Depay delivers on the potential in the PL I'm gonna hold based on the harder fixtures, as it gives me much more flexibility to get in Chelsea cover, Kane or Benteke if required. Meanwhile in the games Depay is scary Payet has BOU and NOR so a good chance of a good score himself.

I just need to finalise my three cheap defs in the morning but am looking like

McCarthy, Myhill
    Shaw, Kolarov, Gomez, Martin, O shea/Francis (other three ways may yet be preferred)
    Silva, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Surman
    Aguero, Gomis, Diouf
    2.1m in the bank.

Gomis has form and a great fixture this week but may be the man to make way for somebody like Benteke thereafter.

Benimar wrote: »
    Latest effort:

Egkla06.png

Changes are Huth and Richards out for Gomez and O'Shea (no money effect), Payet out for Chadli and Gomis and Deeney out for Benteke and Ighalo?

Better or worse? Have i weakened my midfield going with Chadli as my 3rd midfielder?

Chadli is a good option in MF alright.

I'd worry about Ritchie dropping more on you, and I wouldn't like having the that much in a promoted MF so early on.

With the premium back 3 and keeper: (United, Pool, City, Chelsea)
    do you need both O shea and Francis?
    Not sure if O shea will start or has that been confirmed. Norwich-Stoke have decent options at 4.5 and good runs of games coming up.

If Francis drops to 4.4 he would be very good value as seems to be a guaranteed starter. I'd be wary of getting him at 4.5 and then him dropping.

• Advertisement

Right folks think I'm fairly settled on following .....but I'm crap at working out rotations of players so please tell me if my budget defenders rotate well??

Courtois. Mc Carthy
    Darmian Kolorov Richards Francis Huth
    Sanchez Silva Payet Mahrez Anya
    Aguero Gomis Diouf

Key questions need answering are -Do Richards/Francis/Huth rotate well?
    Is there a better cheapie MF to return points than Anya.

Will be 3:4:3 most weeks.

Really appreciate any views.

Cheers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Could really use a bit of help. I've wildcarded and looking at this team. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

Chadli is a good option in MF alright.

I'd worry about Ritchie dropping more on you, and I wouldn't like having the that much in a promoted MF so early on.

With the premium back 3 and keeper: (United, Pool, City, Chelsea)
    do you need both O shea and Francis?
    Not sure if O shea will start or has that been confirmed. Norwich-Stoke have decent options at 4.5 and good runs of games coming up.

If Francis drops to 4.4 he would be very good value as seems to be a guaranteed starter. I'd be wary of getting him at 4.5 and then him dropping.

I don't have Ritchie or Francis at the moment, hoping they drop tonight before I bring them in. I might stick with Richards if Francis doesn't drop or go Norwich/Stoke.

Advocaat confirmed that O'Shea will start tomorrow and, given Paullys description of Kaboul playing like an alcoholic, he should stay in the team.

One final thing. If Francis or Ritchie drop I could get Ayew rather than Chadli. Worth doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Could really use a bit of help. I've wildcarded and looking at this team. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

Coutinho -> Albrighton
    Wilson -> Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Courtois. Mc Carthy
    Darmian Kolorov Richards Francis Huth
    Sanchez Silva Payet Mahrez Anya
    Aguero Gomis Diouf

Key questions need answering are -Do Richards/Francis/Huth rotate well?
    Is there a better cheapie MF to return points than Anya.

Cheers;)

Solid balanced team all round. Anya as bench fodder is fine but there are rumours that his place is a rotation risk so you are better with a safer option like Fletcher or Surman as a non playing 4.5 midfielder will shed value pretty quickly preventing you from bringing in a replacement.

zarquon wrote: »
    Solid balanced team all round. Anya as bench fodder is fine but there are rumours that his place is a rotation risk so you are better with a safer option like Fletcher or Surman as a non playing 4.5 midfielder will shed value pretty quickly preventing you from bringing in a replacement.

Thanks Zarquon,

How do Richards/Huth/and Francis do rotation wise?

Will swop out Anya.

Courtois, McCarthy

Any opinions on;

Also for the 4.5 Mf slot
    I'd definitely go option 1.
    And, at his price and unless he reverts to last year season start I don't think Costa is a great option and see no urge to get him in, even for Palace at home. Hazard & potentially Pedro are better value.
    And Januzaj is not guaranteed.

Westwood & Wanyama are safe. I remember someone saying last year that Westwood injury was a disaster for Villa. I agree with you about Wanyama. He actually came in handy last year when needed. D. Fletcher would be another sure bet but for some mysterious reason he's close to a drop.

Elsewhere I quite like your team. Just it was rumoured that targett may not play this week-end. I don't know if you have anything left in the bank to replace him with a £4.4m def like JOS.
    Benimar wrote: »
    Latest effort:

Egkla06.png

Not sure Chadli, Benteke & Ighalo are better for the coming weeks than Payet, Gomis & Deeney.

Chadli was a hero for me last year but I'd wait for GW6 or 7 to make the Gomis -> Benteke & Payet -> Chadli moves. You could get Ighalo now to save you a future transfer. Anyway you seem to go for 3-5-2 so no points in spending too much on the third forward. You could even dare Watmore at £4.5m though his gametime might be a worry...

Thanks Zarquon,

Will swop out Anya.

Richards/Huth/Francis give TOT, SUN, AST, WBA, sto, STO over next 6 weeks. GW9 is ugly though sou, che, mnc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can see Rooney avoiding going down tonight, and probably having too many transfers out tomorrow morning for him to fix even with a goal or 2 tomorrow morning. If he does go down tonight I'll have to reconsider him and I could do without another headache.

• Advertisement

Key questions need answering are -
    1. Do Richards/Francis/Huth rotate well?
    2. Is there a better cheapie MF to return points than Anya.
    1. No, not very well overall. But for the next 6 games they all face favourable runs so you'll be OK to select 2 decent ones.
    We don't have much info regarding defenses anyway so this rotation is fine for now. You'll be able to readjust if needed later on.

2. Westwood, D. Fletcher & Wanyama are safer bets. But for some strange reason, the latter 2 are not that far from dropping :confused:...

FHFC wrote: »
    I think I'm going to leave Depay.

Spent some time analysing the players over the next few weeks who I'll be in fear of not owning (a la Benteke in the week gone by). Aguero being an almost automatic captain eases the fear a bit, but not owning someone like Benteke with a great fixture, high ownership and captained by many is where the big risks lie.

Depay only features on my "Dangermen" list in GWs 3(NEW) and 7(SUN). Meanwhile Kane is worrysome in GWs 3(lei), 5(sun) and 6 (CPL) and Benteke in GWs 4(WHU) and especially 6(NOR) and 7(AVL).

Hazard/Chelsea cover is a worry in GW4(CPL) but its not till GW7 their fixtures really ease up for a run where you'd fear not owning Haz etc (new, SOT, AVL).

Unless Depay delivers on the potential in the PL I'm gonna hold based on the harder fixtures, as it gives me much more flexibility to get in Chelsea cover, Kane or Benteke if required. Meanwhile in the games Depay is scary Payet has BOU and NOR so a good chance of a good score himself.

I just need to finalise my three cheap defs in the morning but am looking like

McCarthy, Myhill
    Shaw, Kolarov, Gomez, Martin, O shea/Francis (other three ways may yet be preferred)
    Silva, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez, Surman
    Aguero, Gomis, Diouf
    2.1m in the bank.

Gomis has form and a great fixture this week but may be the man to make way for somebody like Benteke thereafter.
    I really like it. Balanced, strong, "next-6-ticker" friendly and with a huge flexibility.

Two concerns. GKs & no Chelsea (particularly at the back). Your keepers should/will go back to the bench once Speroni and Foster are back. Not sure when that is supposed to happen. What's the plan then? Myhill/Foster sounds too dear. McCarthy/Speroni for same price than current setting? Something else? Or no real plans yet :p?
    Is a £1.2m flexibility with Courtois in for Myhill not enough for your potential futrure plans?
    Is Azpi your Chelsea cover at the back (for either Shaw or Kolarov) if they tighten up?

Francis has gone to 100.7 now...here's hoping.

Have him in current draft in a 3-way with Huth and Richards.

Who would people swop him for if he doesn't drop tonight?.....as would be a bitch to lose .1 tomorrow night straight after WC.

Have him in current draft in a 3-way with Huth and Richards.

Who would people swop him for if he doesn't drop tonight?.....as would be a bitch to lose .1 tomorrow night straight after WC.
    John O'Shea who's worth £4.4m now? Sunderland form is a concern but they should get better with JOS and without Kaboult as a few here mentioned.

Thanks Zarquon,

Will swop out Anya.

Muniesa bassong huth gives you for the next 10 weeks Sto WBA BOU LEi BOU LEI swa WAT new WAT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

the WC selection process is a lot more stressful than it should be!! I'll weep if I have another woeful week,..

Looking at 3 way (1 playing) rotations, looking ahead 7 to 8 weeks.

Liv/Palace/Bournemouth (Gomez, Ward, Francis) 2 rising in price, one may drop tonight and cost 4.4

Fixtures from GW3-10: AVL, LEI, nor, NOR, AVL, WAT, WHU, SOT

Liv/Palace/Norwich (Gomez, Ward, Martin/Whittaker) 2 rising and Norwich lads slighty upwardly mobile.

Fixtures from GW3-10: AVL, WHU, BOU, NOR, AVL, WBA, WHU, WBA

I'm avoiding Leicester who work well in a few rotations as their assets, Huth, Morgan are heading for drops and have Spurs next where another few conceeded would probably push them over the edge.

Mr P - what is the story with Whittaker, is he secure and an attacking threat. Is he worth the risk over Martin?? Both are slightly in positive NTI while Bassong is 60 - 70% towards a drop.

• Advertisement

I'd definitely go option 1.
    And, at his price and unless he reverts to last year season start I don't think Costa is a great option and see no urge to get him in, even for Palace at home. Hazard & potentially Pedro are better value.
    And Januzaj is not guaranteed.

Westwood & Wanyama are safe. I remember someone saying last year that Westwood injury was a disaster for Villa. I agree with you about Wanyama. He actually came in handy last year when needed. D. Fletcher would be another sure bet but for some mysterious reason he's close to a drop.

Elsewhere I quite like your team. Just it was rumoured that targett may not play this week-end. I don't know if you have anything left in the bank to replace him with a £4.4m def like JOS.

Cheers for the opinions and advice,
    yeah reasons for considering Costa is a combination of not wanting 11.5 in Hazard(would have to sell Alexis or Silva) and pure fear of not having Chelsea attacking cover, and Costa being up front would have more chance of bagging a tap in to keep the points ticking over. If Pedro is thrown in this weekend he'll be given serious consideration for the Palace game for me.

Would Westwood still be nailed on even with the new signing Traore would be my main worry after the Richards double up.

Doubt I'll play Targett much after this weekend so not set on him, but don't think I'd upgrade my 5 Def spot to 4.4/4.5 at minute (Be looking at S Taylor/Oxford very short term until hopefully a 4.0 starter emerges from somewhere)

Liv/Palace/Bournemouth (Gomez, Ward, Francis) 2 rising in price, one may drop tonight and cost 4.4

Liv/Palace/Norwich (Gomez, Ward, Martin/Whittaker) 2 rising and Norwich lads slighty upwardly mobile.

I'm avoiding Leicester who work well in a few rotations as their assets, Huth, Morgan are heading for drops and have Spurs next where another few conceeded would probably push them over the edge.

Mr P - what is the story with Whittaker, is he secure and an attacking threat. Is he worth the risk over Martin?? Both are slightly in positive NTI while Bassong is 60 - 70% towards a drop.

Ah Jaysus FHFC.....and there I was happy with my defence lol

Great research.....have a nagging feeling that Gomez will be dropped soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd think Whittaker isnt really secure.The goal may boost things but Wisdom will be knocking on the door. I wouldn't be risking him but if goes and plays all 38 games don't blame me :pac:

I really like it. Balanced, strong, "next-6-ticker" friendly and with a huge flexibility.

An Iroced good review!!! It can't fail!! :D

Two concerns. GKs & no Chelsea (particularly at the back). Your keepers should/will go back to the bench once Speroni and Foster are back. Not sure when that is supposed to happen. What's the plan then? Myhill/Foster sounds too dear. McCarthy/Speroni for same price than current setting? Something else? Or no real plans yet :p?
    OF course there is a plan. I have a spreadsheet and everything now!! Foster not due back till around GW8 or 9. Thing will be very different across the rest of the team by then. Speroni/McCarthy would work from then as CPL are coming into good fixtures around then. Alternatively if I have the cash at that time Courtois.
    Is a £1.2m flexibility with Courtois in for Myhill not enough for your potential future plans?
    No, I dont think it is. 1.2m wont do Gomis to Benteke, Payet to Pedro, Diouf to Lukaku etc. Too many likely moves are 2 transfers at that.
    Is Azpi your Chelsea cover at the back (for either Shaw or Kolarov) if they tighten up?
    Yes, thats the most likely plan.

I expected people to say "2.1 itb, get that money in your team" but I feel that if wild-carding this early flexibility is one of the most important things of all. I had 8m in the bank last season after my GW4 or 5 WC (for Aguero) but having it allowed swaps like getting Sanchez early, and Fab-Hazard at the right time which gave me my best run of the season up to 2-300 in the world at a time.

Would Westwood still be nailed on even with the new signing Traore would be my main worry after the Richards double up.
    Ah didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Well, there are 9 £4.5m mids who played 180 min so far.
    Westwood, Surman, Barry, King, Drinkwater, Wanyama, Whelan, Anya, Fletcher.
    If you drop Westwood & Anya for fear of rotation, you have a choice of 7. If I were you I'd have a look at FFF & FPLS and get the ones the further away from a drop to ensure this spot won't lose me a potentially precious £0.1m later on ;).

• Advertisement
Advertisement