Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Screen_Shot_2015_08_22_at_00_02_49.png

Its late, its Friday night and im getting that itchy finger.

I want to get rid of Rooney and bring in Aguero but the fixture tomorrow is one where I know he has a chance to score. He has been awful so far this season, and going back further but tomorrow is the one game where if I get rid of him hes bound to score.

I also want to get rid of Walcott, ideally id like some Man City cover there.

To do the above I need to drop both of them and also drop Pelle. I can replace him with someone of 5.1 or lower. So I can bring in Kone or someone else. I have to really play a 3-4-3 so that extra striker isnt going to bring much return.

So then there is the question of Hazard, is he worth it right now? Will Pedro be worth a punt?

Or do I just go throw the WC hand grenade in and buy players I want to get in like Darmian and Silva. Sense says now isnt the time to WC and I should give Rooney that chance tomorrow.

People, share your wise words so that sense prevails here before I pull the pin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ah Jaysus FHFC.....and there I was happy with my defence lol

Great research.....have a nagging feeling that Gomez will be dropped soon though.

I dont think he will, but if he does Bournemouth/Norwich/Palace gives you....

AVL, LEI, BOU, SUN, wat, WAT, WHU, WBA

I'd keep him for now as if he doesnt get dropped and they do ok at the back he could rise another 0.2 I'd be reluctant to sell a bandwagon too early!

I think the trajectory price wise of rotation options has to be considered if wildcarding. A Huth/Bassong rotation could lose you 0.2 by the end of next week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    Ah didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Well, there are 9 £4.5m mids who played 180 min so far.
    Westwood, Surman, Barry, King, Drinkwater, Wanyama, Whelan, Anya, Fletcher.
    If you drop Westwood & Anya for fear of rotation, you have a choice of 7. If I were you I'd have a look at FFF & FPLS and get the ones the further away from a drop to ensure this spot won't lose me a potentially precious £0.1m later on ;).
    Westwood is low rotation risk. Sherwood loves him and he plays an important albeit deep role.

iroced wrote: »
    Ah didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Well, there are 9 £4.5m mids who played 180 min so far.
    Westwood, Surman, Barry, King, Drinkwater, Wanyama, Whelan, Anya, Fletcher.
    If you drop Westwood & Anya for fear of rotation, you have a choice of 7. If I were you I'd have a look at FFF & FPLS and get the ones the further away from a drop to ensure this spot won't lose me a potentially precious £0.1m later on ;).

Anya - possibly under pressure from new signing Holebas
    Barry - yellow cards, bad fixtures for CS, possible competition from Besic
    Wanyama - set pieces but pressure from new signings Romeu, Clasie (currently injured) plus Ward Prowse and S Davis.
    Fletcher - nailed, decent CS potential, risk of dropping value though
    Surman - played 40+ games last year, 3 goals, 6 assist. Plays deep in the double pivot but should be safe even when Arter fit as O Kane would probably make way.

I'd prefer Fletcher but with price drop risk will probably go with Surman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    OF course there is a plan. I have a spreadsheet and everything now!! Foster not due back till around GW8 or 9. Thing will be very different across the rest of the team by then. Speroni/McCarthy would work from then as CPL are coming into good fixtures around then. Alternatively if I have the cash at that time Courtois.
    I must remember these precious info :cool:.

I expected people to say "2.1 itb, get that money in your team" but I feel that if wild-carding this early flexibility is one of the most important things of all. I had 8m in the bank last season after my GW4 or 5 WC (for Aguero) but having it allowed swaps like getting Sanchez early, and Fab-Hazard at the right time which gave me my best run of the season up to 2-300 in the world at a time.
    I really agree with you about flexibility.

Last year, late in the season, I ditched Sanchez when he got injured precisely to benefit from this flexibility towards his heavy price (had a lot of cash tied on him). He came back quicker than expected, of course. I'm pretty sure I used at least a 4 pts hit to get him back (not price-wise but had other transfers to do). But what looked like a silly decision for 2-3 weels reverted to be one that allowed me my final push inside top 10k after an exhausting chasing season (being able to sell and easily buy back Sanchez for the late DGWs was key to it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Late to the party posting tonight lads but here's how it looks I will be post WC and a few hopeful price rises.

Mc Carthy. My hill
    Kompany Darmian Martin Ward Gomez
    Sanchez Silva Mahrez Payet Westwood
    Kun Gomis Diouf

Money left in bank to upgrade either Mahrez or Payet(if they turn out to be two GW wonders).

Have made an avg start so hope this team shines:)

Any critical analysis appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Anya - possibly under pressure from new signing Holebas
    Barry - yellow cards, bad fixtures for CS, possible competition from Besic
    Wanyama - set pieces but pressure from new signings Romeu, Clasie (currently injured) plus Ward Prowse and S Davis.
    Fletcher - nailed, decent CS potential, risk of dropping value though
    Surman - played 40+ games last year, 3 goals, 6 assist. Plays deep in the double pivot but should be safe even when Arter fit as O Kane would probably make way.

I'd prefer Fletcher but with price drop risk will probably go with Surman.

I was planning to go with Surman too. Good stats last year and 3 touches in the box this year with one shot on target. Reasonably offensive for 4.5 and it only takes a goal or assist to create a price rise bandwagon in this price range.

Westwood is the safest from a price drop but any returns from another 4.5m mid and he will drop like a stone.

Late to the party posting tonight lads but here's how it looks I will be post WC and a few hopeful price rises.

Mc Carthy. My hill
    Kompany Darmian Martin Ward Gomez
    Sanchez Silva Mahrez Payet Westwood
    Kun Gomis Diouf

Money left in bank to upgrade either Mahrez or Payet(if they turn out to be two GW wonders).

Have made an avg start so hope this team shines:)

Any critical analysis appreciated.

I love it. And I also already know that Iroced loves it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Who to keep... darmian or Shaw ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

lots of teams going without hazard and no plan to get him in?
    I like that a lot........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rikand wrote: »
    Who to keep... darmian or Shaw ?

If short on cash, keep Shaw

but if you got Darmian at 5.5 and don't need to bank/use the profit I'd go for Darmian for the moment.

Phil Jones is 5.4 at the minute and I'm hoping he'll drop again before he's fit. So an option on the way to bank more profit while covering United's defence.

Well, that was 4 solid hours well spent.

Goodnight all.

Thank fùck we only get 2 of these bloody things a season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can't sleep.

FPL clowns will eat me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wildcard team finalised:

2584c379100f29a92a859ac114a3cc6f.png

£0.6m in the bank which gives me a bit of breathing space. For example, some situations it can be used for - 1) Depay -> Chadli + Diouf -> Benteke, 2) turning one of the full backs to Azpilicueta, 3) Silva -> Hazard + Depay -> Chadli or 4) even going Sanchez to Hazard directly.

Not ideal going without Chelsea of course as they'll click sooner or later, but with the prices of Aguero, Sanchez and Silva you can't have everyone and for the time being I prefer the others. I think I'm reasonably well covered to get them on board anyway. With 2 FT's I could get both Hazard and Azpilicueta in for a -4.

Good luck all.

If Silva hadn't gone up I'd have been likely to go with Depay this week and switch to Silva next week.

Worth still doing at a cost of 0.1??

Otherwise set up and locked in at.

McCarthy (Myhill)
    Souaré Kolarov Shaw (Martin Gomez)
    Silva/Depay Payet Sanchez Mahrez (Surman)
    Aguero Gomis Diouf
    2m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If Silva hadn't gone up I'd have been likely to go with Depay this week and switch to Silva next week.

McCarthy (Myhill)
    Aguero Gomis Diouf
    2m in the bank

Silva isn't the worst player to have this week.
    I think it's worth setting the team up with a view to not making a transfer straight away... having 2 FT's for the international break is important for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McCarthy (Myhill)
    Aguero Gomis Diouf
    2m in the bank

I'd say it could be although there's not much of a muchness between the two except proven/unproven. Depay seems to be more capable of huge hauls than Silva though. I'm guessing that doesn't help much :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D, I hope you do well. I've just realised that team is almost identical to mine.

Your Diouf to my Sakho, Darmian to my Shaw, and Fletcher to my Surman are the only differences.

eek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Bournemouth lads not dropping messed me up so made a couple of quick amendments. Anyone care to advise?

7zWSafZ.png

The other alternatives are Payet and Diouf to Depay and Deeney OR Payet, Gomis and Deeney to Ayew, Benteke and Ighalo.

Damn you Bournemouth :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Benimar wrote: »
    The Bournemouth lads not dropping messed me up so made a couple of quick amendments. Anyone care to advise?

http://i.imgur.com/7zWSafZ.png

The other alternatives are Payet and Diouf to Depay and Deeney OR Payet, Gomis and Deeney to Ayew, Benteke and Ighalo.

That didnt help me either,have a similiar side so reckon you are well set.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Seems to be a massive City bandwagon on Kolorov / Silva / Aguero after a positive start, with Chelsea players making way.
    Ignore Chelsea at your peril!

This is my effort in a 3-4-3

Courtois / McCarthy
    Gomez - Richards - Ward - Huth - Olsson
    Sanchez - Chadli - Depay - Mahrez - Martin
    Aguero - Costa - Gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Any thoughts on near final draft!!

Courtois
    Darmain Richards Kolarov

Mahrez Depay Sanchez Ayew

Gomis Aguero Kane

Mccarthy Gomez Targett Westwood

Any input would be much appreciated.
    Not too sure with my midfield.Should i drop kane and change depay with silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Souare or Ward?

Ward scored last week but Ziegler was very keen on Souare pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Transfers made and I have gone with;

McCarthy (Myhill)

Kol Shaw Prodl (Martin, Gomez)

Sanchez (c) Silva Payet Mahrez (Westwood)

Kun Gomis Diouf

1.8m ITB

Was contemplating Mahrez / Diouf
    > Depay / Ighalo

What are people's views on this?

dahat wrote: »
    Souare or Ward?

Ward scored last week but Ziegler was very keen on Souare pre season.

Souare.

• Advertisement

j timber wrote: »
    Any thoughts on near final draft!!

Courtois
    Darmain Richards Kolarov

Mahrez Depay Sanchez Ayew

Gomis Aguero Kane

Mccarthy Gomez Targett Westwood

Any input would be much appreciated.
    Not too sure with my midfield.Should i drop kane and change depay with silva?

Kane? If I was spending that much on my 2nd striker it would have to be Giroud

Villa - I don't agree with. Not a good team for clean sheets (particularly under Sherwood) - I have gone for Prodl & Martin in there

Benimar wrote: »

7zWSafZ.png

Identical team to mine bar

Darmian to Shaw
    Courtois to Myhill
    Ward to Prodl

I don't like the look of Palace's run of games for next few GW's and with that we already have McCarthy in goals if we did a cleanie was coming.

Watford have Southampton, Swansea & Palace at home in 3 of the next 5 games. With 1 cleanie already under the belt at home - i'd be hopeful of picking of 1 more over these 3 games

Ah lads. Dunno if I'm gonna not be able to scratch this Depay itch.

If i do it and he kills it i can also go Payet to Silva next week and keep him.

Btw. There's a serious gw2 wc template team!! :D

Ah lads. Dunno if I'm gonna not be able to scratch this Depay itch.

If i do it and he kills it i can also go Payet to Silva next week and keep him.

I went with Depay this GW and will suffer the extra to get Silva back v Watford.
    Newcastle at home or Everton away, Depay wins that one all day long IMO.

• Advertisement

Zero in the bank, but I managed to get Courtois in my team without affecting things.

Courtois
    (McCarthy)

Kolarov
    Shaw
    Martin
    (JOS)
    (Muniesa)

Sanchez
    Silva
    Depay
    Mahrez
    (Surman)

Aguero (c)
    Sakho
    Gomis

Now to leave it alone.

I went with Depay this GW and will suffer the extra to get Silva back v Watford.

Agree. I have neither :P Fearful of Depay

SlickRic wrote: »
    Zero in the bank, but I managed to get Courtois in my team without affecting things.

Courtois
    (McCarthy)

Kolarov
    Shaw
    Martin
    (JOS)
    (Muniesa)

Aguero (c)
    Sakho
    Gomis

Now to leave it alone.

No midfield? Interesting tactic.

Fixed!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Agree. I have neither :P Fearful of Depay

Anything Utd score today I am certain he will be involved, hoping to get a goal + assit from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

My head is wrecked. Roll on 11.30 so I can stop second guessing and tinkering with my team

I'm going with a sort of system based on trying to minimise the number of players I'm afraid not to own in a gw and using that to plan ahead my transfers.

That system would say to do Depay to Silva next week.

We've both pretty much the same team (well us and most others who wildcarded this week). Lets hope we're soon killing it in the Moolah!! :)

My head is wrecked. Roll on 11.30 so I can stop second guessing and tinkering with my team

An extra 15 mins of torture actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

1145 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Wildcard in play and lining up with

Myhill
    Shaw,sagna,Gomez
    Mahrez,sanchez,silva,depay
    Aguero,benteke,diouf

Bench Westwood ,targett, Richards

Any thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thoughts on this draft, looking likely to go ahead with it

WnUASoR.png

CSF wrote: »
    Westwood is low rotation risk. Sherwood loves him and he plays an important albeit deep role.

I noticed Westwood is also on corners according to FFS so there are potentials for assists there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

zarquon wrote: »
    I was planning to go with Surman too. Good stats last year and 3 touches in the box this year with one shot on target. Reasonably offensive for 4.5 and it only takes a goal or assist to create a price rise bandwagon in this price range.

Westwood is the safest from a price drop but any returns from another 4.5m mid and he will drop like a stone.

Yous have changed my mind I think. Was all for Anya but after not seeing him in the guardian preview I'm worried.

I'm going with a sort of system based on trying to minimise the number of players I'm afraid not to own in a gw and using that to plan ahead my transfers.

That system would say to do Depay to Silva next week.

We've both pretty much the same team (well us and most others who wildcarded this week). Lets hope we're soon killing it in the Moolah!! :)

There seems to be a WC template alright though I am going 352, a bit risky maybe.

The Moolah league is a target, top 15 for me at end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Here's where I'm at. Gonna play 3-5-2

Romero / McCarthy
    United look tight at the back (probably because of all those DMs LVG bought). McCarthy's a handy backup until Speroni's back.

Darmian / Kompany / Gomez / Richards / Targett
    Darmian looks great. Wins a lot of tackles, get forward. Kompany is pricy but he's the only guaranteed starter in City's defence. Gomez is good while he lasts. Got a 0.2 out of him and a clean sheet already so happy enough. Richards only in there to catch a price rise. He can be swapped out easily enough for another 4.5 if necessary. Targett needs to go.

Yaya / Sanchez / Mahrez / Payet / AAyew
    Would prefer Silva but 1.5 is a lot of money for upgrades elsewhere. Think I'll sit on it for the Everton game. Sanchez cos he's Sanchez. Mahrez cos he's great value. Really not sure about Payet. Was at the Arsenal game and he was very impressive. Scared the crap out of them down the wing and chased everything down. Word is he's inconsistent which is a worry. Think AAyew's going to be a must have this year. Not thrilled to be doubling up on Swansea attack but they're playing Sunderland this week so it's as good a time as any.

Aguero / Gomis / Ighalo
    Aguero needs no explanation. Gomis is in good form and seems a popular choice. Ighalo looks like a decent option at 5.0.

Have 1.4m in the bank.

Thinking about Payet to Redmond. Gives me another 2m in the bank. Could use it to upgrade Yaya to Silva. Romero to Courtois. Targett to Ward and still have 1.1m left over.

Or upgrade Payet to Mata/Depay and have 0.4 left over.

Too. Many. Options. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dónal wrote: »
    I noticed Westwood is also on corners according to FFS so there are potentials for assists there.

Yup, takes some. Note Grealish is meant to be back today who takes them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

After Francis not dropping I'm going to go for Ward or Souare. I see a lot of folk going for Souare instead. Any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MyHill Mccarthy
    Richards Martin O'Shea kolorav muniesa
    Depay Chadli Pedro sanchez surman
    Aguero sakho vardy
    2.3 in the bank
    Gks MyHill will become the utd keeper in time
    Defs I sold gomez banked the profit hoping not to have to touch my defence for a good few weeks. So didn't want any rotation risks.
    Mids a city mid will come in next week
    Fwds sakho and vardy worked better for my team than mahrez and payet
    The 2.3 is there so I can be flexible sakho to benteke Pedro to hazard Def to azpil all possible.

• Advertisement

MyHill Mccarthy
    Richards Martin O'Shea kolorav muniesa
    Depay Chadli Pedro sanchez surman
    Aguero sakho vardy
    2.3 in the bank
    Gks MyHill will become the utd keeper in time
    Defs I sold gomez banked the profit hoping not to have to touch my defence for a good few weeks. So didn't want any rotation risks.
    Mids a city mid will come in next week
    Fwds sakho and vardy worked better for my team than mahrez and payet
    The 2.3 is there so I can be flexible sakho to benteke Pedro to hazard Def to azpil all possible.

Not template anyway. Good luck. :)

Advertisement