Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nuts102 wrote: »
    That would mean Montero to a 4.5 mid and Shaw to a 4.5 defender. I think Montero, Shaw and Depay will outscore Sanchez and two 4.5 players.

I'd be looking at sanchez as a strong captaincy option so I'd factor that in also but can see your thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I'd be looking at sanchez as a strong captaincy option so I'd factor that in also but can see your thinking.

I understand that but with Silva, aguero and Pedro i have strong captaincy choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Played the Wildcard late Saturday night and came up with the following.

Any thoughts or suggestions on improving in any particular areas?

359710.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

johnmcdnl wrote: »

359710.png

A fair piece of your money tied up in Defence.

If you're going Courtois then got McCarthy or another 4.0 GK and save that .5

Clyne and Gomez is a lot of cover from Liv with some tough Games coming up.

Your Midfield and Attack is good and on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/276380/359710.png

Like the look of it quite similar to how I am lining up but I went the 8.5 GK route to put the extra further forward. I am thinking I might switch to 442 there is so much value in midfield and then go just Aguero + a good value attacker like Gomis upfront. I think if you're not going to play Wilson at home to Leicester you may as well save that little bit more and go Jerome still going to get games but no point spending 10% more on Wilson if you are going to be benching him. If you changed to 8.5 Gks change Wilson to Jerome you could get Silva in for Toure or maybe scrape it a little further and go from Ozil to Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

359710.png

First glance looks a solid team with a strong bench. Could easily go with it with good rotation.
    But i think it still needs sanchez in there; especially if/ when aguero gets a knock for a captaincy option.
    Money can easily be found from def. but a strong balanced team with major bench boost potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

skippy15 wrote: »
    First glance looks a solid team with a strong bench. Could easily go with it with good rotation.
    But i think it still needs sanchez in there; especially if/ when aguero gets a knock for a captaincy option.
    Money can easily be found from def. but a strong balanced team with major bench boost potential

Yeh absolutely even with Aguero you do need a secondary captain choice and Ozil, Yaya aren't that and its too early to put Pedro in that category. To turn Ozil into Sanchez really does make the back up very skinny though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Myhill
    Azpi - Shaw - Sagna
    Pedro, Sanchez, Yaya, Mahrez
    Wilson Aguro Gomis

Bench of Maccarthy, Gomez, Francis, Surman

Maybe Switch Francis so i dont have 3 bournemouth

0.9m in bank then

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Help!!!!

Languishing in 2 million club. Need to start climbing :pac:

Opinions on this please.

6RrpvDk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

It looks like everyone is following a fairly similar template, thats what annoys me about this game, so hard to find a differential that wont kill you cause u dont go with everyone else. But how do you make up points- increase a lead when everyone has a similar team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Help!!!!

Languishing in 2 million club. Need to start climbing :pac:

Opinions on this please.

6RrpvDk.jpg

Downgrade Dann to Ward or Souare will free up 0.5m. Use this to upgrade Taylor to a 4.5m defender from Leicester who rotate well Palace. If you have the money maybe upgrade O'Shea to a villa defender which also works well as a 3 way rotation.

I'd personally be looking to get Sanchez in in place of Ozil, so you could just take the 0.5 from Dann to Souare/ward and downgrade Benteke to Diouf or Wilson and upgrade Ozil to Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deco99 wrote: »
    It looks like everyone is following a fairly similar template, thats what annoys me about this game, so hard to find a differential that wont kill you cause u dont go with everyone else. But how do you make up points- increase a lead when everyone has a similar team?

Just do better than the template. Simples. Just because lots of people have a player doesn't mean they're going to rack up points. Know when to go with the crowd and when they're barking up the wrong tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

First draft of a Wildcard.

tase1e.png

Happy to play WBA keepers each day until Foster's back. Seem to be magnets for CS's, BPS or save points. Only worry at the back is if if 2 of the 3 get dropped, don't think any were guaranteed starters at the start of the season. Yaya for the meantime, can become Memphis if United sort themselves out. Hoolihan and Wilson rotating.

Thoughts welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I am slightly worried about lacking that 10m+ midfield that's easy transfer fodder when inevitably Hazard/Sanchez go on a run of form and I have no easy way to transfer in. Just not been convinced enough by Arsenal in general to throw the extra 2 million on Sanchez just yet, especially when it would be downgrading elsewhere.

Will definitely consider downgrading Guzan if for nothing else to bank the 0.5m.
    The Gomez/Clyne combo is more a heart over head thing and I don't have any plans on playing them every week. More so hoping for a couple of price rises fingers crossed and to give me the extra Liverpool involved each week, but have all week to reconsider that one. Do want to keep some Liverpool involvement but choosing between Gomez/Clyne is gonna be tricky one, but both do look like locked in starters for the moment so, even if it means benching both and relying on the extra bit of depth on the bench when Liverpool have a bad matchup coming.

Am hoping though that between all the players I've gone for there's someone that will rotate well with Aguero when he gets injured though. even if it means dropping it onto Courtois/some defender and pray for the clean sheet with some bonus points for a load of saves.

I think the worse thing about the team I've posted above is that I'll actually possibly have to make serious decisions each week about who to play and who not too!! Sometime just having a bench of ****e makes this game a lot less frustrating :P But with the bench boost to be played and if needs be 2-5-3 do want to have some solid cover around the place.

Still most of a week to go so no doubt will have a completely different team by then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Searching for differentials is the best way to lose in this game.
    You have to build the strongest and most balanced team possible with your budget. It doesn't matter if you feel everyone owns the same performing players. Because in reality it's only the case for 2-3 players. A good rotation in defense can help you break through when the big guns fail for example. Your 4th mid and 3rd striker would differentiate you too (and if you still feel we all have the same, remember this forum is not representative of the whole game). And most importantly don't forget that just your captain alone can be a huge differential ;).
    You will have differentials anyway because you can't own 15 (not even 11) premium players. But if you search for differentials just for being different you'll lose.

• Advertisement

There are loads of ways to be different from the template and the template the majority of the time is not the best way to set up your team. The template is based on past performance and changes at this stage of the season on a regular basis. Last week no Chelsea attacking player this week a Chelsea attacking player. This week arsenal attacking players will be losing favour so you could try get ahead of the curve with them if u think that's a good move. The template team that started the season was rooney hazard arsenal mid Chelsea Def sou Def etc. Wasn't the way to go in hindsight. You need to be prepared to sell a player that has got you points and not wait to get a player in just cos he hasn't scored in a few weeks. Of course there are risks to this approach but if you back your judgement on a few spots in your team you can be different to the masses. It's inevitable a fair chunk of your team will be template as you should never ignore who the best options are and come the end of the season it may be in your interests to cover yourself with high ownership players. Think what transfer you want to make before the next gw and if there is valid reasons for it try not to be influenced by the events of the gw within reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Flexibility and reacting quicker than others is key.

You'll tend to have 8 or 9 of the same players as many serious managers. But if you were a week or 2 early to the party with the right player, or didn't have to tear your team apart (that's the flexibility bit) to get someone in who's hitting form and has a great fixture, you'll be winning.

Sanchez v Burnley early last season is an example busts and I both remember fondly! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Pushed the button and making a bags of this, really want to do this.
    Mig
    Shaw,Kolorov,Gomez,
    Pedro,Silva,Mahrez,Morrison,
    Costa,Aguero,Wilson
    Subs,McCarthy,Saylor,Naughton,Kayoute. Like the way Pedro and Costa clicked and need City as the spine, no Arsenal worries me,have .3 in the bank.

FHFC wrote: »
    Flexibility and reacting quicker than others is key.

You'll tend to have 8 or 9 of the same players as many serious managers. But if you were a week or 2 early to the party with the right player, or didn't have to tear your team apart (that's the flexibility bit) to get someone in who's hitting form and has a great fixture, you'll be winning.

Sanchez v Burnley early last season is an example busts and I both remember fondly! :)

In the interest of giving both sides of the argument ignoring Ramsey and yaya the season before is something we don't remember as fondly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In the interest of giving both sides of the argument ignoring Ramsey and yaya the season before is something we don't remember as fondly.

I was inside the Ramsey tent pissing out that year. Only got him on my wildcard as a price bandwagon if I'm being honest. :)

My theory now partly based on that experience, is you're better getting on the early season bandwagons within reason, but being able to judge and know when to get rid after a week or 2 if its a Dier not a Ramsey, hopefully with 0.2 or so banked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

patmac wrote: »
    Pushed the button and making a bags of this, really want to do this.
    Mig
    Shaw,Kolorov,Gomez,
    Pedro,Silva,Mahrez,Morrison,
    Costa,Aguero,Wilson
    Subs,McCarthy,Saylor,Naughton,Kayoute. Like the way Pedro and Costa clicked and need City as the spine, no Arsenal worries me,have .3 in the bank.

For arsenal cover you could consider Cech.
    Know you probably want the cover further up the field.
    Also Morrison/Kayoute pair could be downgraded since it looks like your gonna play 3 up front for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I loved being apart of the Anti-Ramsey Brigade. It's hilarious that I'm one of the most pro Ramsey folk out there now :pac:

As for himself it's a scar I'll carry as long as I play the game and post in here...

I loved being apart of the Anti-Ramsey Brigade. It's hilarious that I'm one of the most pro Ramsey folk out there now :pac:

As for himself it's a scar I'll carry as long as I play the game and post in here...

He is definetly on my radar. Had him in for the first two gws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭boccy23

On the wildcard and have a conundrum.

Basically it boils down to Sanchez+Wilson versus Costa+Ayew (Swansea version).

What do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

boccy23 wrote: »
    On the wildcard and have a conundrum.

Basically it boils down to Sanchez+Wilson versus Costa+Ayew (Swansea version).

What do people think?

Sanchez & Wilson. Not that I necessarily think they are better, but you already have Pedro and Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Criticize my team!

Had 141 points for first 3 weeks, Was good but not happy! Also have 2 injuries, So done a Wildcard.

Mignolet

Kompany - Kolarov - Smalling - Clyne

Chadli - Yaya Toure - Mahrez

Wilson - Gomis - Lukaku

A lot of 'Dream Team' I know, Always had Smalling. (My captain the last few weeks) Very hard to ignore City players, Mahrez looks to be on fire and Wilson 'Just in case'

I know I really should try get Aguero in, But can't justify 13.2 for just 1 player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

DakarVert wrote: »
    Had 141 points for first 3 weeks, So done a Wildcard.

Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Criticize my team!

Had 141 points for first 3 weeks, Was good but not happy! Also have 2 injuries, So done a Wildcard.

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Lukaku

A lot of 'Dream Team' I know, Always had Smalling. (My captain the last few weeks) Very hard to ignore City players, Mahrez looks to be on fire and Wilson 'Just in case'

I know I really should try get Aguero in, But can't justify 13.2 for just 1 player!
    in a couple of weeks time maybe even a few days time you will be tearing your team up with points hits to get aguero in
    just do it now !
    you have had an excellent start but are risking it all being undone ......
    you can defo downgrade one defender . maybe clyne as you also have mig
    need to see subs too

Opinion lads i think i am fairly happy to be honest.

Guzan

Shaw----Kolorov
    Gomez

Depay
    Silva----Pedro
    Maharez

Aguero
    Wilson
    Benteke

Myhill, Kouyatte, Martin, Huth

At the moment i think Kouyatte and Wilson are good rotation options but i am also thinking i could go with Mings and Redmond for the same money.

Keepers
    I think Guzan and Myhill rotate well

Defenders
    Kolorov, Shaw and Gomez look solid and Martin and Huth are starters

Midfield
    I am pretty happy with this Kouyatte i don't know much about

Strikers
    Happy at the minute and can downgrade Benteke after this weekend if needed

I know but there was a lot of dead weight!
    Cazorla, Fabregas, Graham and then Henderson is injured.

Maybe a stupid mistake to use it, Time will tell. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Criticize my team!

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Lukaku

Very little point only posting your starting 11.
    Full squad and money in the bank is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guzan

Shaw----Kolorov
    Gomez

Depay
    Silva----Pedro
    Maharez

Aguero
    Wilson
    Benteke

At the moment i think Kouyatte and Wilson are good rotation options but i am also thinking i could go with Mings and Redmond for the same money.

Keepers

Defenders

Midfield

Strikers

like it
    kouyate is an awkward enough looking player but he gets points !
    he is one I've my eye on but have payet in current team

Criticize my team!

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Lukaku

I don't know how you can justify such an expensive defense and can't justify the best striker in the league who is a captain choice every week.

Guzan

Shaw----Kolorov
    Gomez

Depay
    Silva----Pedro
    Maharez

Aguero
    Wilson
    Benteke

Keepers

Defenders

Midfield

Strikers

Pretty much perfect imo, I don't have Wilson and amn't really in a rush to get him as I see Gomis as my 3rd striker but if I was on WC then he would probably be in.

Really like your midfield and in particular the flexibility it gives with a 8.5,9.5 and 10m in there. If needed, Sanhez or Hazard + a good 7m option can be brought in quickly for 2 transfers.

Same with the 2 strikers, replacements easily found if needed. Or a combination of mid + striker can be done easily.

I would class that as the template of all templates :)

It would be a coin flip with Depay or Ars mid for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I don't know how you can justify such an expensive defense and can't justify the best striker in the league who is a captain choice every week.

a million percent this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just pulled the trigger on the WC..I know there has been tons of these posts but if anyone has any thoughts I'd greatly appreciate it.

GoaQN74.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on the WC..I know there has been tons of these posts but if anyone has any thoughts I'd greatly appreciate it.

GoaQN74.png?1

Like it a lot can't find much fault in it :) You'll get a month tops out of Sagna. I like how you're keeping the faith in Hazard. Possibly better options than Depay who you can easily get in once he hits form. He's one to monitor imo.

GoaQN74.png?1

Looks v good. I'd probably go Martin from Norwich over Bassong and maybe Francis over Morgan

Sagna should be safe as Zabaleta will be out for a while and a MC def is a good move.

I'd consider Morrison from WBA instead of Hoolahan though if you're going for a Norwich Def.

These are their fixtures :

Hoolahan
    Morrison
    Bm5nVgj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Like it a lot can't find much fault in it :) You'll get a month tops out of Sagna. I like how you're keeping the faith in Hazard. Possibly better options than Depay who you can easily get in once he hits form. He's one to monitor imo.

Cheers.

Keeping Hazard out of pure stubbornness, at the rate he's being dropped for Pedro he could become a differential when he inevitably takes off.
    I thought about ditching Depay alright, but nobody else is really standing out for me around that price range.

• Advertisement

Criticize my team!

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Lukaku

Everyone seems to agree with getting Aguero in, So did a re-jig.

Mignolet

Kolarov - Darmian - Clyne - Smalling

Redmond - Yaya Toure - Mehrez

Wilson - Gomis - Aguero

Subs: Gomez, Chadli, Barkley, Azpilicueto.

Team Value 98.5 (1.4 Bank)

Not happy with my defence, If both Liverpool/United concede the same week... I'd be down 16 points from Clean Sheets. Needs a bit more variety I think? But not sure where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Guzan

Shaw----Kolorov
    Gomez

Depay
    Silva----Pedro
    Maharez

Aguero
    Wilson
    Benteke

Keepers

Defenders

Midfield

Strikers
    Think it's a strongly balanced squad.

2 things.
    No Chelsea cover at the back. May not be essential right now but could become. Any left in the bank in case Courtois or Azpi are knocking at your squad's door?
    No Arsenal attacking cover. Is it possible getting Sanchez in without major surgery? Again how much left in your bank? Or would you rather go Ozil from Depay for example?

GoaQN74.png?1
    Solid team overall.

Hoolahan is too dear for a 5th mid IMO. I'd rather get a playing £4.5m mid.
    Martin is a better option than Bassong isn't he?

Like above is it possible getting Sanchez in without major surgery? Or would you also prefer Ozil for either Depay or Yaya?

Then you have many 50/50 shots: Darmian/Shaw ; Sagna/Kolarov ; Yaya/Silva ; Hazard/Pedro.

I'd say most of these choices are dependent upon Hazard over Pedro. Maybe an idea is to go for Pedro now: he should rise when his protection ends while Hazard already dropped and may continue so. Did you actually escape his £0.1m drop the other night by taking him out and back in? In a couple of weeks, if needed, you could then get Hazard in for a cheaper price while cashing in some profit on Pedro (like many of us did with Fabregas last year). To comeback to the debate we had around team value, I think this is an example of how to try and use your team value "cleverly" ;).

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Aguero

Not happy with my defence, If both Liverpool/United concede the same week... I'd be down 16 points from Clean Sheets. Needs a bit more variety I think? But not sure where to go!

Personally I don't put that much money in my defence and if I were you I'd rejig it downwards in value.

I would hazard that there will be a lot more weeks where both Man U and Liverpool don't keep clean sheets than do. I wouldn't be "Banking" on getting clean sheets the majority of weeks. You can hedge your bets definitely by picking from top sides like you've done but look to assists and goals for the bulk of your points.

However you seem to be setting yourself up for a 5-3-2 or a 4-4-2 formation so that's fair enough if that's the way you're planning on going.

You have 1 relatively big hitting midfielder. This will limit your options in a few weeks beef up your midfield a bit.

Your attack is good. I also think Mignolet looks v sharp.

iroced wrote: »
    Think it's a strongly balanced squad.

2 things.
    No Chelsea cover at the back. May not be essential right now but could become. Any left in the bank in case Courtois or Azpi are knocking at your squad's door?
    No Arsenal attacking cover. Is it possible getting Sanchez in without major surgery? Again how much left in your bank? Or would you rather go Ozil from Depay for example?

I have nothing in the bank but i don't see the real reason to bring Chelsea cover in nothing appeals at the prices.

With Gomez, Kolorov and Shaw you have thee sides yet to concede a goal and i think they will all concede around the same amount as Chelsea. I can;t justify 6.0 for a Chelsea defender , if Stones comes in for 5.5 a case can be made for him.

Courtious could be an option but i like the option of rotating keepers.

Depay i may be blinded as a United fan but i think he will score high. He is on all set pieces and very good at them and also has a rocket of a shot. I expect him to come good soon.

Lack of Arsenal cover is a bit of a problem but you can only stretch the balance so far i have Pedro, Depay and Silva who should be a big part of sides challenging for the league.

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Aguero

Unless you are playing with 5 at the back this is just terrible imo. If you plan on playing 4 at the back downgrade Clyne to a 4.5 defender as a sub.

But again midfielders and strikers get more points you should be playing 3 at the back imo. Have three premium defenders if you want but get in two cheap rotation options who will rarely play and invest more in midfield.

I would keep Kolorov, Azpillecuto, and Darmian and downgrade Clyne to Gomez and save 0.9 and Smalling to Taylor at 4.0 saving 2.1 million.

So that 3.0 plus the 1.4 you have in the bank. You can bring to Alexis Sanchez for Redmond or Redmond to Pedro or Redmond to Ayez and Chadli to an 8.5 midifelder etc.

Mignolet

Wilson - Gomis - Aguero

Way too much money spent on defence imo.
    The best players on here will generally only have 2-3 premium defenders.
    You need to go cheaper with 3 of them imo and then reinvest that money in midfield. That's where the points are along with the strikers.

Most of the top players play 3 at the back the majority of the time.

For example:
    I'm using United and Everton as you've 2 Utd Defs and Barkley in midfield. A top team and a mid table team.

CS's last year: United 11, Everton 7
    Not a major difference in gk/def points throughout the year. 4 clean sheets.

Goals: United 62, Everton 50
    Thats 12 goals and 12 assists more, an awful lot more points variance there.

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys, 1st year doing this!
    Was basing points on CS so bulking defence, From advice here and looking at some top teams... That's not the way.

I'm happy with my team now...

Mignolet (Gomes)...... Can swap between these as needed depending on the week ahead.

Kolarov, Darmian, Gomez (Azpilicueta, Taylor)....... Variety, Not relying on 1 team to keep a CS

Pedro, Mata, Yaye Toure, Mahrez (Albrington)........ Can't ignore Yaya and Pedro, Mahrez seems consistent so far, Hopefully Mata can get a few goals/assists when United get back on form.

Wilson, Gomis, Aguero (C) ........ Everyones favorite, Ageurrrrrrooooo, Gomis seems to be doing fine and can't ignore Wilson after last week!

Going to go ahead with this, Hopefully produce some decent results!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Thanks Guys, 1st year doing this!
    Was basing points on CS so bulking defence, From advice here and looking at some top teams... That's not the way.

I'm happy with my team now...

Mignolet (Gomes)...... Can swap between these as needed depending on the week ahead.

Kolarov, Darmian, Gomez (Azpilicueta, Taylor)....... Variety, Not relying on 1 team to keep a CS

Pedro, Mata, Yaye Toure, Mahrez (Albrington)........ Can't ignore Yaya and Pedro, Mahrez seems consistent so far, Hopefully Mata can get a few goals/assists when United get back on form.

Wilson, Gomis, Aguero (C) ........ Everyones favorite, Ageurrrrrrooooo, Gomis seems to be doing fine and can't ignore Wilson after last week!

Going to go ahead with this, Hopefully produce some decent results!

DF:
    You're doubling up on Mignolet and Gomez for Liverpool defence.
    If I had 6.0 in Azpilicueta, I wouldn't be benching him.
    Courtois, one Liverpool defender and 3rd cheap defender would give you the same cover while being able to choose another club's defender if you want.

MF:
    Albrighton seems too expensive to me as a 5th MF, especially as you have Mahrez already.

Looks fairly well balanced otherwise,
    maybe look for at least one Arsenal player if you have the money left over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

A veteran since the 07/08 season, I've used my earliest WC yet. (Reasoning as Rooney & others let me down :mad: by reducing in price and need to get Aguero this GW without taking a -8 hit)

My dilemma is 2 teams that I can't separate so any feedback would be VERY much appreciated..

Team A

Courtois/McCarthy

Sagna/Cedric/Lovren/S.Taylor/O'Shea

Yaya/Sanchez/Mahrez/Pedro/Morrison

Wilson/Pelle/Aguero

Team B

Courtois/Myhill

Sagna/Morgan/Muniesa/Gomez/Cedric

Yaya/Sanchez/Mahrez/Redmond/Pedro

Aguero/Wilson/Diouf

Literally cannot separate these and asking friends in the league, they just might steer me wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hi all, I'm having what could be described as a mental breakdown so I need help. It's been a bad opening to the season for the Andersonisgod team, it's been very bad so it's wildcard time before I fall any further behind in my leagues. The problem is I'm having trouble deciding what to do wildcard wise, this is what I've got so far.

Goalkeepers: Romero, Butland

Defenders: Martin, Gomez, Richards, Targett, Sagna

Midfielders: Yaya Toure, Depay, Morrison, Pedro, Ozil

Forwards: Aguero, Gomis, Wilson

To be honest I'm not overly happy about what I've ended up with. Romero is a slight risk if De Gea remains, Sagna and Targett are likely to be replaced in the foreseeable future. The midfield is decent but I'm not sure any of those are truly major point scorers in the mould of Sanchez or Hazard and up front I'm only happy with Aguero, the other two aren't likely to score regularly each week.

I've got 1.5 in the bank after making this squad, all advice is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

Anyone know when the first double gameweek is? Be an ideal time to use the triple captain option ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement