Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anyone know when the first double gameweek is? Be an ideal time to use the triple captain option ;)
    None have been confirmed yet and it's unlikely that there will be any before the new year (unless a match is called off due to weather)
    Ziegler made a good post about potential dgws, can't remember which thread it was in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

spock. wrote: »
    None have been confirmed yet and it's unlikely that there will be any before the new year (unless a match is called off due to weather)
    Ziegler made a good post about potential dgws, can't remember which thread it was in though.

It's looking like GW27 so far. I had a link but can't post it.

It's on FF Scout if you search for double gameweek planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

lougal88 wrote: »
    It's looking like GW27 so far. I had a link but can't post it.

It's on FF Scout if you search for double gameweek planning.

cool,thanks lads say there might be sooner ones with matches being rearranged due to other compeitions definitely worth being patient and getting the max out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

team before was

cech butland
    terry darmian ward gamboa cisshoko
    hazard depay cabaye redmond mahrez
    benteke costa berahino

gone for this after the wildcard,

cech butland
    kompany darmian gomez nyom steven taylor
    pedro yaya redmond mahrez sako
    costa aguero wilson.

thoughts? was doing pretty well with my first team but had no city players and a few players that don't get a game/injured etc so needed a reshuffle. which would people go as a trio

Silva Hazard Benteke or
    Yaya Pedro Aguero?

thoughts? was doing pretty well with my first team but had no city players and a few players that don't get a game/injured etc so needed a reshuffle. which would people go as a trio

Silva Hazard Benteke or Yaya Pedro Aguero?

Yaya Pedro Aguero because it's too risky to go without Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

team before was

cech butland
    terry darmian ward gamboa cisshoko
    hazard depay cabaye redmond mahrez
    benteke costa berahino

gone for this after the wildcard,

cech butland
    kompany darmian gomez nyom steven taylor
    pedro yaya redmond mahrez sako
    costa aguero wilson.

Silva Hazard Benteke or
    Yaya Pedro Aguero?

You are spending too much on your keepers for a start. If you are going to spend 5.5 on a premium keeper, then play him every week and get in a 4.0 keeper.

If you want to rotate get in two 4.5 keepers who rotate well, for me it's Guzan and Myhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

thanks, might go for mccarthy for 4.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Gave in to the WC. Wanted to wait for the international break but my lack of City coverage decided me.

Should have done it last week though. Lost too many £0.1m stupidly... Fabregas, Ramsey, Rooney and... the worse ones my 2 Sunderland keepers (didn't pay enough attention to it and they fell together a couple of days ago :(). Thought Panti 4 pts at the week-end would halt his falling...

Team before:
    Panti - Mannone
    Bellerin - Azpi - Gomez - Richards - Bassong
    Fabregas - Ramsey - Payet - Mahrez -- Wanyama
    Aguero - Rooney - Gomis

Team now:
    Courtois - McCarthy
    Bellerin - Kolarov - Gomez - Richards - Saylor
    Pedro - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet - Westwood
    Aguero - Gomis - Diouf

Obviously a City mid will come in for Payet. Didn't want to lose my £0.1m made on him as long as Yaya/Silva are far from rising and I haven't chosen which one to go for yet.
    I'm not set yet on Bellerin or a United def...

Since I WCed a week too late and lost about £1m :rolleyes: (probably more since the falls are worse than the rises), I have to make a choice in midfield between Sanchez-Yaya & Ozil-Silva. First pair costs £1.2m more but have my preference. It probably would imply keeping Saylor at the back. A risk worth taking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

My WC team this week:

playing a 3-4-3, starters on the left, no money in the bank

Gomes - MCCarthy
    Gomez - Shaw - Kolarov - Martin - Targett
    Sanchez - Pedro - Depay - Mahrez - Obertan
    Aguero - Giroud - Kone

Biggest questions here for me are Depay and Giroud.....I'm considering Yaya and Benteke instead, saves me £0.2m....
    Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

This morning I made a transfer to give me -4. But later on in the day I chose to go for the wildcard altogether to bring in Aguero. Will this cancel out the -4 points hit do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FourFourFM wrote: »
    This morning I made a transfer to give me -4. But later on in the day I chose to go for the wildcard altogether to bring in Aguero. Will this cancel out the -4 points hit do you think?

I'm 99% sure you'll get a -4 seeing as you confirmed the transfer and the deduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

hogey143 wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure you'll get a -4 seeing as you confirmed the transfer and the deduction.
    Nope, wildcard means no points hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

BizzyC wrote: »
    My WC team this week:

playing a 3-4-3, starters on the left, no money in the bank

Gomes - MCCarthy
    Gomez - Shaw - Kolarov - Martin - Targett
    Sanchez - Pedro - Depay - Mahrez - Obertan
    Aguero - Giroud - Kone

Biggest questions here for me are Depay and Giroud.....I'm considering Yaya and Benteke instead, saves me £0.2m....
    Opinions?

Kone won't be a regular for Everton, so I'd look at other options there.
    Likewise, Obertan is likely to revert to the bench and really the least you want from your 4.5 5th mid is a guaranteed 2 points.
    McCarthy and Targett are likely to lose their place in the next few weeks, and given that Gomez, Shaw and Kolarov are all likely to be rotated at some stage, I would feel more secure with a playing 4.5 defender instead of Targett.

I'm wildcarding myself this week, and I'm currently looking at going without United defensive coverage (poor fixtures up to GW10) and going with Kolarov, Gomez and 3 x 4.5 options.

I'd downgrade Giroud to allow upgrades elsewhere. Gomis is the obvious replacement there, or even Benteke would give you 0.5 to tinker elsewhere with. I wouldn't even call Giroud to Benteke a downgrade anyway tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

After my wildcard this is what I'm looking like.

Aguero is in but I'm not sure if I've made an overall improvement or not.

Last weeks team: http://i.imgur.com/IoN8WBz.jpg

Next weeks team: http://imgur.com/wOS2j0d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Nope. It's in the rules guys http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ ;).
    Do all transfers have to be made at the same time when using my wildcard?

No. Once you have played your wildcard, any transfers you make within that Gameweek are free, including any you made before playing your wildcard, up until the next deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Mignolet-Butland

Richards-Mangala-Shaw-Cédric-O'Shea

Hazard-Sterling-Pedro-Wanyama-Anya

Benteke-Agüero-Agbonlahor

Would appreciate any opinions - not sure about the balance with 2 chelsea mids, or if I would be better to work things to Costa in. If I scale back on a keeper and defenders could manage this.
    Suggestions welcome. No money in the bank.

All in all wrote: »
    Mignolet-Butland

Would appreciate any opinions - not sure about the balance with 2 chelsea mids, or if I would be better to work things to Costa in. If I scale back on a keeper and defenders could manage this.

Just a few quick points I'd suggest:
    I think with Otamendi coming in that Mangala is a huge risk. Wats his price? Maybe swap with Sagna.

As you said possible overkill with 2 Chelsea mids. Sanchez maybe?

Maybe downgrade Butland as Mignolet has looked very good and should start most weeks.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Just a few quick points I'd suggest:
    I think with Otamendi coming in that Mangala is a huge risk. Wats his price? Maybe swap with Sagna.

As you said possible overkill with 2 Chelsea mids. Sanchez maybe?

Maybe downgrade Butland as Mignolet has looked very good and should start most weeks.

Who would you downgrade Butland with? I don't think any 4m 'keeper will start, I imagine McCarthy will lose his place pretty soon.

Good point re. Mangala(5.5), do you think Sagna will be rotated much during the year?

Sanchez may be an option alright.

Who would you downgrade Butland with? I don't think any 4m 'keeper will start, I imagine McCarthy will lose his place pretty soon.

Good point re. Mangala(5.5), do you think Sagna will be rotated much during the year?

Sanchez may be an option alright.

Short term option is Mccarthy. Yeah that's true not many 4.0m keepers will start but if you are tight for money its an option to pick a keeper and stick by him. Also removes rotation headaches.

Zabaleta is currently injured so Sagna should be safe for a while. Not 100% how long hes out for but iirc its at least a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mignolet-Butland

I really don't like Sterling for his price Yaya is cheaper and will score more. But i would go Hazard to Silva and get in Maharez. Upgrade Wanayama to a midfielder who is not a holding midfielder.

What do people think of taking a chance on bringing Stones in - surely his transfer will be pushed through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

What do people think of taking a chance on bringing Stones in - surely his transfer will be pushed through.

An unnecessary risk. There is no guarantee it will be, certainly not before Saturday and there is also no certainty he would go straight into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I posted on another thread but seems its wildcard here is prob the place. Courtouis and gomis to myhill and benteke? Leaves me with no chelsea defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any advice on A v B? Basically A has Sanchez/Myhill/Cedric, B had Ozil/Courtois/Shaw + 1.1m to invest elsewhere.

2myzy9z.png

2yo4rqb.png

If B, where should I put the spare 1.1m?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any advice on A v B? Basically A has Sanchez/Myhill/Cedric, B had Ozil/Courtois/Shaw + 1.1m to invest elsewhere.

2myzy9z.png

2yo4rqb.png

If B, where should I put the spare 1.1m?

I'd choose B

But

In either case I wouldn't like to have 5.5 in a 5th MF.

I'd drop Redmond to a 4.5 MF who will get 90 mins.

and use part of the 2.1 to upgrade Yaya to Silva. And bank the rest in case Gomez or Kolarov lose their places

Or are you planning a rotation with Redmond, Wilson, Mahrez?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I'll try and be succinct with this question.

Instantly after the Man U v Newcastle game I got rid of Rooney and made another change taking a 4 point hit.

3 days later I made two more changes (the drink) and took an 8 point hit.

If I wildcard before this weekend do I get my points back or are those points gone forever ?

tomaussie wrote:

Instantly after the Man U v Newcastle game I got rid of Rooney and made another change taking a 4 point hit.

If I wildcard before this weekend do I get my points back or are those points gone forever ?

You get your points back.
    If you wildcard, there is no way you can also take a points hit.

2hyz0ch.png

OKay, so I had to WC, don't judge me. Rooney & co had let me down for getting Aguero in so I'd not other option.

Any thoughts please?

tomaussie wrote: »

Nope. It's in the rules guys http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ ;).
    Do all transfers have to be made at the same time when using my wildcard?

No. Once you have played your wildcard, any transfers you make within that Gameweek are free, including any you made before playing your wildcard, up until the next deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Thank you so much for the replies guys.

I did look but couldn't find it on the website.

Really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I will now be quite busy rectifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

2hyz0ch.png

OKay, so I had to WC, don't judge me. Rooney & co had let me down for getting Aguero in so I'd not other option.

Any thoughts please?

I like it. A nicely balanced side. I might change O'Shea for Martin from Norwich. Do you have any money ITB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Will McCarthy keep his spot in CP goal when Speroni is back?
    I played Wild Card and I've happy with my team below. I'd like to keep Redmond to make price rise but I also have unlimited transfers until tomorrow. As I will probably play 3, 4, 3 the next few weeks I am thinking of downgrading Redmond to Albrighton and saving 0.4 m. Using that money with whats in the bank and upgrading Butland to Romero or McCarthy to another 4.5 m goalie?

I would also like to get Cedric into my team now that Saints are out of Europe!

Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

Stoke Butland £4.5
    McCarthy £4.0 (Another 4.5 goalie or upgrade Butland to Romero or Mingolet)

Kolarov £5.6
    Shaw £5.6
    Targett £4.0
    Steven Taylor £4.0
    Gomez £4.6

Mahrez £5.8
    Shaqiri £7.0
    Yaya Touré £8.7
    Sánchez £11.0
    Redmond £5.5 Albrighton 5.1.

Agüero £13.1
    Wilson £5.4
    Chelsea Costa £11.0

Jesper wrote: »
    I played Wild Card and I've happy with my team below. I'd like to keep Redmond to make price rise but I also have unlimited transfers until tomorrow. As I will probably play 3, 4, 3 the next few weeks I am thinking of downgrading Redmond to Albrighton and saving 0.4 m. Using that money with whats in the bank and upgrading Butland to Romero or McCarthy to another 4.5 m goalie?

Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

Stoke Butland £4.5

Kolarov £5.6
    Shaw £5.6
    Targett £4.0
    Steven Taylor £4.0
    Gomez £4.6

Mahrez £5.8
    Shaqiri £7.0
    Yaya Touré £8.7
    Sánchez £11.0

Agüero £13.1
    Wilson £5.4
    Chelsea Costa £11.0

Your Defence is dodgy. Kolarov and Gomes have the potential to be rotated. You have 2 4.0 Defenders who are short term solutions in their respective teams. They are all playing at the moment and if you are happy to potentially need to use a FT(s) in the next 3-4 weeks to change your defence then that's fine. I would think after a WC though you will want to focus your future FT on Mid and Att.

If you plan on playing 3-4-3 then you might want to beef up one of Shaquiri, Redmond, Albrighton.

If you're going Aguerro, Costa though then a 3-5-2 might suit better ? In this case you want to downgrade your 3rd Striker and upgrade your Mid.

Colking wrote: »
    I like it. A nicely balanced side. I might change O'Shea for Martin from Norwich. Do you have any money ITB ?

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I haven't got 0.1 hence going for O'Shea. He's literally there as a back up playing DF, rather getting 2 points than none at all in case of injuries.

@ Shedite.
    I'd go A because Sanchez. Because more flexibility (easier to downgrade than upgrade if needs be).
    But as Shineon said I'd get rid of Redmond for a playing £4.5m 5th def and either upgrade at the back or upfront (e.g. United def or Diouf) or keep some spare cash in the bank for later (maybe a Chelsea def cover if they replicate last year slow start and CS magnet once settled).

Also problem with your keepers is Rose probably won't ever get a game. Don't know when Foster'll be back and if Pulis will sign another keeper but some spare cash in the bank might be useful then.

2hyz0ch.png

Any thoughts please?
    Well it's not far from the FSA template. And so far the FSA template WC worked a treat.

Jesper wrote: »

Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

Stoke Butland £4.5

Kolarov £5.6
    Shaw £5.6
    Targett £4.0
    Steven Taylor £4.0
    Gomez £4.6

Mahrez £5.8
    Shaqiri £7.0
    Yaya Touré £8.7
    Sánchez £11.0

Agüero £13.1
    Wilson £5.4
    Chelsea Costa £11.0

If you wish to play 3-4-3, then I'd go for a £4.5m 5th mid (e.g. Westwood). Even with Albrighton you're "wasting" £0.6m since he'll very often just sit on your bench.

I agree with Colking about your defense. 2 rotations risks and 2 non-guaranteed £4.0m. And Shaw prone to injury. If you're unlucky there's the potential for carnage at the back.

Overall your team shows how hard it is this year to build a strongly balanced team with 2 premium forwards.
    If you get Gomis or Benteke for Costa (you save £3.7m & £2.5m respectively) you can get Pedro in midfield (for Shaqiri).

I presume your £0.2m ITB are with Redmond. So you can save £1.0m (or even £1.1m) from your 5th mid spot and get another second keeper. 2 choices. Keep McCarthy and £0.5m ITB for Speroni's return and use the Stoke/Palace home/away rotation or get Given (assuming he's Stoke's second choice) and go for the Stoke combo.
    You should have at least £0.5m to get a more guaranteed £4.5m 4th def.

And if you go the Gomis route, you have even more flexibility.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I haven't got 0.1 hence going for O'Shea. He's literally there as a back up playing DF, rather getting 2 points than none at all in case of injuries.

Ah, in that case I'd be happy to run with that side. You should hopefully see some nice points returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Languishing on 127...with no City cover so I think its time to pull the WC trigger...feedback would be appreciated.

Maybe a little light in MF and too much spread in DEF?

team.jpg
    image uploading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Not sure about Cech, he's a good keeper but the Arsenal defenders aren't as competent. Don't think he'll be getting enough clean sheets to justify his price tag.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Languishing on 127...with no City cover so I think its time to pull the WC trigger...feedback would be appreciated.

team.jpg
    image uploading

Good first choice GK

Hennessy > McCarthy (Hennessy is in Danger of dropping .1)

Zouma > Kolarov (Zouma is a serious risk of rotation, you can't have that much tied up in a sure fire rotation)

Sagna > Another 4.5, possibly Martin

Clyne> Look at possibly downgrading to a 4.5 to free up some more funds for Midfield

Albrighton > Downgrade for a 4.5 or even Bentaleb at 4.4, use the funds to upgrade elsewhere in Midfield.

Nice Attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Colking wrote: »
    Good first choice GK

Hennessy > McCarthy (Hennessy is in Danger of dropping .1)

Zouma > Kolarov (Zouma is a serious risk of rotation, you can't have that much tied up in a sure fire rotation)

Sagna > Another 4.5, possibly Martin

Clyne> Look at possibly downgrading to a 4.5 to free up some more funds for Midfield

Albrighton > Downgrade for a 4.5 or even Bentaleb at 4.4, use the funds to upgrade elsewhere in Midfield.

Nice Attack.

Sound advice there, thinking with Sagna is that Zabaleta is out for a few weeks so Sagna is bound to play. Not having a Chelsea defender is a concern. Zouma will play the weekend with Terry coming back in afterwards.

• Advertisement

team.jpg
    image uploading

I'd swap Cech > Courtois and downgrade Zouma > Cedric. (Zouma will always be a rotation risk and you'll have Chelsea cover with Courtois)

Then maybe upgrade Albrighton > Mahrez

Looks good otherwise, just IMO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I'd swap Cech > Courtois and downgrade Zouma > Cedric. (Zouma will always be a rotation risk and you'll have Chelsea cover with Courtois)

Then maybe upgrade Albrighton > Mahrez

Looks good otherwise, just IMO :)

I agree with this, Mahrez is on fire and they have some nice fixtures. Don't think its sensible to pick Leicesters no.2 when there's 0.9 Mil of a difference in price and Mahrez is banging em in.

Sound advice there, thinking with Sagna is that Zabaleta is out for a few weeks so Sagna is bound to play. Not having a Chelsea defender is a concern. Zouma will play the weekend with Terry coming back in afterwards.

Zouma will cover for Terry alright but one thing you need to try and do with a WC is have a team at the end you envisage leaving alone for at least 2 following on GW's to build up your FT again. Consciously putting him in now is a risk you don't have to take or a FT you won't have to waste a few games down the road.

As hogey143 said you could go Cech > Courtois and gain an extra .1 at the same time.

As hogey also suggested I'd also probably put in Mahrez as one of the mids, and see what kind of cash you have left to get another good midfielder.

Untitled.png

Is two 4.0m defenders, dodgy? No cover from bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Deco99 wrote: »
    Untitled.png

Is two 4.0m defenders, dodgy? No cover from bench

It is dodgy but i can see why you're tempted given you've accomodated Silva, Pedro and Benteke.

I wouldn't. Saylor and Targett won't be in their teams in 2 gws.

I've a similar team and ended up going with Yaya instead of the preferred Silva mainly so I'll be able to get Benteke by GW6.

FHFC wrote: »
    It is dodgy but i can see why you're tempted given you've accomodated Silva, Pedro and Benteke.

I wouldn't. Saylor and Targett won't be in their teams in 2 gws.

I've a similar team and ended up going with Yaya instead of the preferred Silva mainly so I'll be able to get Benteke by GW6.

Francis and Martin more than likely the best two options instead of Targett and Shaw so. Kills me to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Courtois Lovren Martin and Silva or Romero Kolarov Mertesacker and Yaya??

Courtois Lovren Martin and Silva or Romero Kolarov Mertesacker and Yaya??

Kolarov is the most important of any of those players to own imo, so he should definitely be in there.

Courtois, Kolarov, Lovren and Yaya looks good if you can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Deco99 wrote: »
    Francis and Martin more than likely the best two options instead of Targett and Shaw so. Kills me to do it.

Yeah. If you want to keep silva probably something gotta give. That's as good a place to compromise as any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Looks like my WC team is going to be....

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Kolarov Lovren Huth (Ward Saylor)
    Pedro Mahrez Yaya Sanchez (Westwood)
    Wilson Aguero Benteke

No Utd coverage and no Silva but other than that it looks ok

Advertisement