Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Why am I seeing Lovren in so many teams? I would have thought Gomez was the best way into Liverpool's backline at the moment?

I'm currently on a wildcard and looking at Kolarov, Gomez & 3 x 4.5 defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Why am I seeing Lovren in so many teams? I would have thought Gomez was the best way into Liverpool's backline at the moment?

He's viewed as a rotation risk. After the Arsenal Game though I think it's his to lose. He's been very very impressive for an 18 year old lad. Although I think some of the coaches who have seen him come up through the international ranks have said he always seemed to have an extra 2-5 seconds on the ball to make decisions. A sign of a great player when they can seem to slow things down around them by intelligent positioning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I've spent far too much time over this but I've ended up with

Courtois (Butland)

Richards, Gomez, Sagna (Targett, Martin)

Ozil, Mahrez, Pedro, Yaya Toure, Coutinho

Wilson, Aguero (Gomis)

Any advice on that? I'm not totally sold on Ozil and thinking of making a late switch to Shaqiri but I fear then that my lack of Arsenal cover could come back to haunt me. Equally I'm not 100% on Coutinho given that he's not always been a magnet for FF points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Richards is possibly out tomorrow with a bug. I'd be reluctant enough with Coutinho and Ozil myself at their prices. I reckon Payet and Ayew give you just as much at lower prices which would allow you bring in Kolarov with cash to spare for something else.

Possibly Toure to Silva even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Courtois (Butland)

Wilson, Aguero (Gomis)

Any advice on that? I'm not totally sold on Ozil and thinking of making a late switch to Shaqiri but I fear then that my lack of Arsenal cover could come back to haunt me. Equally I'm not 100% on Coutinho given that he's not always been a magnet for FF points.

It's a solid team alright. Maybe downgrade butland to a 4.0 as you're not going to bench courtois. That money could then upgrade Sagna to kolarov, who will get more attacking returns. The main problem is that outside of aguero, there is a lack of captaincy options. Maybe downgrade coutinho to a 4.5, and upgrade Wilson to benteke, who is more likely to profit from liverpools good home fixtures. But it is a strong enough squad atm anyway

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Richards is possibly out tomorrow with a bug. I'd be reluctant enough with Coutinho and Ozil myself at their prices. I reckon Payet and Ayew give you just as much at lower prices which would allow you bring in Kolarov with cash to spare for something else.

Possibly Toure to Silva even.

I was slightly concerned with the news about the virus in the Villa squad. Payet was definitely in my thinking too, though it's Shaqiri's run of fixtures that looks very inviting. Coutinho's lack of goals and assists last season is a worry. My thinking there was that while Kolarov has the more potential for higher points, I figure Sagna is less of a rotation risk right now.

I get Silva every year, whenever I have him his numbers disappoint me so I've decided to stop jinxing him. Another option I was thinking was Coutinho and Ozil out for Shaqiri and Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mr. Guappa wrote:

I have Gomez but would probably pay the extra 0.3 for Lovren if I was on a wildcard.
    Gomez is a card magnet and will likely be suspended for a game pretty soon. Lovren has a better chance at getting bonus points too.

I was slightly concerned with the news about the virus in the Villa squad. Payet was definitely in my thinking too, though it's Shaqiri's run of fixtures that looks very inviting. Coutinho's lack of goals and assists last season is a worry. My thinking there was that while Kolarov has the more potential for higher points, I figure Sagna is less of a rotation risk right now.

I get Silva every year, whenever I have him his numbers disappoint me so I've decided to stop jinxing him. Another option I was thinking was Coutinho and Ozil out for Shaqiri and Sanchez.

It was confirmed today that clichy will miss 7 weeks, so kolarov is nailed on for the foreseeable future

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    It was confirmed today that clichy will miss 7 weeks, so kolarov is nailed on for the foreseeable future

Pefect, Kolarov is definitely being added to my team and I've downgraded to a 4.0 keeper. I think you're right with the lack of other captaincy options in my team, that's definitely a worry, maybe my midfield could be downgraded a bit.

Pefect, Kolarov is definitely being added to my team and I've downgraded to a 4.0 keeper. I think you're right with the lack of other captaincy options in my team, that's definitely a worry, maybe my midfield could be downgraded a bit.

Yeah, kolarov is a season keeper for me atm. And 5 good midfielders always leads to heartbreak for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Yeah, kolarov is a season keeper for me atm. And 5 good midfielders always leads to heartbreak for me

Not when you've got Watmore as your 3rd Striker... :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Not when you've got Watmore as your 3rd Striker... :)

I Suppose haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Courtois (Butland)

Wilson, Aguero (Gomis)

Diouf up front could give you the shaqiri effect.

ElTel wrote: »
    Diouf up front could give you the shaqiri effect.

That's a good call, I really do like their run of games it's now just a matter of finding the money for Diouf. I've currently got 0.4 in the bank, maybe just a straight Gomis for Diouf swap.

That's a good call, I really do like their run of games it's now just a matter of finding the money for Diouf. I've currently got 0.4 in the bank, maybe just a straight Gomis for Diouf swap.

Go for a 4.0M keeper.
    You'll never be dropping Courtois.

Go for a 4.0M keeper.
    You'll never be dropping Courtois.

Ye I did the 4.0 keeper (McCarthy is in) but still leaves me with 0.4 in the bank. No doubt I'll be going back and forward with this until the deadline but I'm thinking I might leave it as it is. If I do panic late on it'll probably be Coutinho for Shaqiri though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Further to yesterdays question as I don't really want to wild card.

I made two transfers (covered by my 2 free transfers) on Saturday after the United v Newcastle game.

I then made two further transfers on wednesday and took an 8 point hit in the process.

I'm happy with the two transfers I did on Saturday when using my two free transfers. So that ok.

My question is - if I reverse my Wednesday transfers will my 8 point hit be reversed or will I take a further 8 point hit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

tomaussie wrote: »
    Further to yesterdays question as I don't really want to wild card.

I made two transfers (covered by my 2 free transfers) on Saturday after the United v Newcastle game.

I then made two further transfers on wednesday and took an 8 point hit in the process.

I'm happy with the two transfers I did on Saturday when using my two free transfers. So that ok.

My question is - if I reverse my Wednesday transfers will my 8 point hit be reversed or will I take a further 8 point hit ?

Another 8 point hit,

only a wildcard will wipe out the original 8 point hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

shineon23 wrote: »
    Another 8 point hit,

only a wildcard will wipe out the original 8 point hit

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a twàt and now might need to wild card because I've twàtted.

There really should be a 'have you been drinking' button when logging on that prevents access if you say yes.

I've had Kolarov, Gomez and Mahrez in my team from the start but I'm still trying to make a twàt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Just finalising my WC team.

I'd like a Saints def (good rotation with 'Pool). Of course Target is tempting but mid-September Bertrand should be back. How secure is Yoshida's position?

Got Cédric in the end and sold Bellerin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I ended on this for my Wildcard....
    atreid.png
    Happy with Myhill for the meantime, will have to watch Foster. 3 solid Def's and a playing sub to cover when necessary. Sanchez will have to justify his price, otherwise he's an easy out to downgrade to almost anyone. Up top, had a last minute panic between Wilson/Benteke and Gomis/Diouf. Went with the former as while all are in form, they had better fixtures.

Now I wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ended up with the following post WC outfit (1.8 ITB)

Guzan - Gomes

Kolarov - Gomez - Ward - Martin - Muniesa

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Ayew - Westwood

Aguero - Benteke - Wilson

I avoided Myhill due to Marshall being linked all summer. Guzan + Gomes rotate nicely for the next while.

I didn't fancy Saylor or Targett so I went with 3 X 4.5 options who rotate well for the next 6 GW. Also provides decent cover if Gomez gets dropped/suspended.

I really wanted Silva so hopefully he outperforms Yaya by a nice margin. Ayew was a last minute choice from a pool of Chadli (increased competition for places), Shaqiri (too early), Barkley (poor fixtures), Payet (poor team form). Henderson maybe the answer in this spot by GW6. Hopefully Ayew at least covers off Gomis' points.

Up front, I had a choice of 2 from Benteke, Gomis, Wilson. Left out Gomis due to his lack of BPs and the others superior fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Ended up with the following post WC outfit (1.8 ITB)

Guzan - Gomes

Kolarov - Gomez - Ward - Martin - Muniesa

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Ayew - Westwood

Aguero - Benteke - Wilson

I avoided Myhill due to Marshall being linked all summer. Guzan + Gomes rotate nicely for the next while.

I didn't fancy Saylor or Targett so I went with 3 X 4.5 options who rotate well for the next 6 GW. Also provides decent cover if Gomez gets dropped/suspended.

I really wanted Silva so hopefully he outperforms Yaya by a nice margin. Ayew was a last minute choice from a pool of Chadli (increased competition for places), Shaqiri (too early), Barkley (poor fixtures), Payet (poor team form). Henderson maybe the answer in this spot by GW6. Hopefully Ayew at least covers off Gomis' points.

Up front, I had a choice of 2 from Benteke, Gomis, Wilson. Left out Gomis due to his lack of BPs and the others superior fixtures.

Don't fancy that keeper rotation myself, certainly not Guzan although they do seem to have decent fixtures :)

Solid defence IMO

West Ham just beat Liverpool 3 nil so you can forget the poor form stuff :P I prefer Ayew too though. And that will probably be my front 3 :)

Don't forget to fill your team with possible double risers until the last minute however be careful not to sell people who have rose while you had them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I really hope a big name striker moves to the prem
    the lack of quality strikers on offer is shocking

Gonna WC. Lets see how much value can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Rikand wrote: »
    Madness!

Looks like it worked okay. (Atleast for this week)

Last weeks team, Would have given me 23 with 1 to play.
    Currently 31 with 3 to play.

Currently sitting at 381k. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thinking of playing my wildcard and going with this team. Thoughts?

Cech, Schmeicel
    Kolarov, Ward, Alderweireld, Fonte, Gomez
    Pedro, Ayew, Mahrez, Silva, Redmond
    Ageuro, Wilson, Gomis

Total of 9 changes :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thinking of playing my wildcard and going with this team. Thoughts?

Cech, Schmeicel
    Kolarov, Ward, Alderweireld, Fonte, Gomez
    Pedro, Ayew, Mahrez, Silva, Redmond
    Ageuro, Wilson, Gomis

Total of 9 changes :O

Too much spent on defence. If Hazard or Sanchez start tearing it up, you're in trouble trying to free up funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

To wildcard or not? Could do with 3 or 4 upgrades. 179pts, 500k ranking, no point hits yet.

image.jpg1_zpsqh9oloqn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

podge018 wrote: »
    To wildcard or not? Could do with 3 or 4 upgrades. 179pts, 500k ranking, no point hits yet.

image.jpg1_zpsqh9oloqn.jpg
    How many FT? How much in the bank?

If it's "only" 3 or 4 upgrades you could just do 2 or 3 for -4 or -8?

Your team is not in bad shape. If you don't want to lose too much value, I guess Fab, Coates & Henderson could be sold. For the latter depends also upon his comeback date...

It's hard to know how valuable it could be to hold on the 1st WC this year because with the absence of the January WC, we won't be able to play the Christmas period with a plan of using the Jan WC straight after. Holding your WC 'till then could help you go for a couple of Christmas punts with a lot more flexibility. Is that worth an early 4 to 12 pts hit mini-WC? Impossible to know, we have no previous data. We're actually making History this year :D.

On WC looking to maximise and wanted opinions on Attackers

I currently have

Aguerro - bought at 13.0 Current Price 13.2
    Gomis - bought at 7.3 looking like a rise tonight/tomorrow.
    Wilson - bought at 5.6 Current price 5.7
    Vardy - Current Price 6.0 looking like a rise tonight/tomorrow.

Now I know none of us have a crystal ball (or do they?) but who do you think are the most likely to rise over the International ?

I think my front 3 for GW5 will be Aguerro and 2 of Gomis, Wilson, Vardy, Diouf

Any suggestions on how to squeeze the most cash out of it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Going with this as my wildcard team at the moment
    360666.PNG

The backline will probably suffer this week, but I think its a solid enough team for the next few weeks

Going with this as my wildcard team at the moment
    360666.PNG

The backline will probably suffer this week, but I think its a solid enough team for the next few weeks

I have Bellerin at the moment but am taking a long look at Monreal. His BPS is quite high.

By putting Hart in GK you're denying yourself another Man City Attacker which is something you might want to re-consider.

Your Midfield is the same as the one I'm thinking of at the moment. Sako looks great, I'm just worried that he could be a rotation risk, although if theres any justice he should be nailed on for a few games.

Att I like it. I'm thinking much the same way (as per my above post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Colking wrote: »
    I have Bellerin at the moment but am taking a long look at Monreal. His BPS is quite high.

By putting Hart in GK you're denying yourself another Man City Attacker which is something you might want to re-consider.

Your Midfield is the same as the one I'm thinking of at the moment. Sako looks great, I'm just worried that he could be a rotation risk, although if theres any justice he should be nailed on for a few games.

Att I like it. I'm thinking much the same way (as per my above post)

Cant afford another city attacker anyway, so i'll try double up on the defensive points that they are getting. I'm not usually a fan of doubling up on defense, but City just look leagues ahead of everybody at the moment

Cant afford another city attacker anyway, so i'll try double up on the defensive points that they are getting. I'm not usually a fan of doubling up on defense, but City just look leagues ahead of everybody at the moment

That's fair enough. They definitely look like the only top side that has their act together alright.

• Advertisement

This is what I'm currently thinking for a WC side, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

cb3V5BX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

11988366_10207250542439649_733896529943461071_n.jpg?oh=30d32a7a0213017eec654e340a6574d2&oe=5669DD68

Not pulled the trigger yet. The defense still looks poor, but happy with the midfield and up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

gimmick wrote: »
    Not pulled the trigger yet. The defense still looks poor, but happy with the midfield and up top.

Too much spent on Keepers, put a 4.0 in if you want to go with Joe Hart. Olsson might lose his spot with Evans joining. Better teams out there than Newcastle defensively. Gomez likely to share/lose his spot to Moreno but probably worth holding for now.

Mata might be shunted out wide to accomodate for that new French lad, worth considering but probably not enough to get rid of Mata.

Also, just in general, lots of people doubling on Ayew + Gomis. I'd just go with 1 IMO, fairly reliant on Swansea scoring well otherwise and they're hardly Man City. Good side but 2 attackers seems OTT to me

Good points. Im think Mata as he is about the only Man Utd attacking player to look half decent this season, but he is a rotation risk I think.

Im having fierce difficulty with trying to put together a defence this season. City look the only decent defense so far, but Kompany strikes me a too expensive and the others are all rotatable with Clichy, Zab, Ottamendi and DiMichelis waiting to step in.

UGH....

jive wrote: »
    Too much spent on Keepers, put a 4.0 in if you want to go with Joe Hart. Olsson might lose his spot with Evans joining. Better teams out there than Newcastle defensively. Gomez likely to share/lose his spot to Moreno but probably worth holding for now.

Mata might be shunted out wide to accomodate for that new French lad, worth considering but probably not enough to get rid of Mata.

Also, just in general, lots of people doubling on Ayew + Gomis. I'd just go with 1 IMO, fairly reliant on Swansea scoring well otherwise and they're hardly Man City. Good side but 2 attackers seems OTT to me

Agree with all of this, would look at Arsenal Mid rather than Utd at the moment. Ozil nailed on Rambo slight risk of rotation but getting into attacking positions more regularly.

• Advertisement

This is what I'm currently thinking for a WC side, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

I think Man Utd will exploit Gomez next game up, so would bench him anyway for that. Pools next few fixtures all look decent for a defender, but am sure we all had 6 points nailed on for the West Ham game the other day as well :rolleyes:

Not convinced Kolarov holds his place. For the outlay he is a risk imo. And I am a bit unconvinced by Mahrez. I think Albrighton has better value. he has shown pretty decent consistency since Leicesters run started in march/April.

gimmick wrote: »
    I think Man Utd will exploit Gomez next game up, so would bench him anyway for that. Pools next few fixtures all look decent for a defender, but am sure we all had 6 points nailed on for the West Ham game the other day as well :rolleyes:

Not convinced Kolarov holds his place. For the outlay he is a risk imo. And I am a bit unconvinced by Mahrez. I think Albrighton has better value. he has shown pretty decent consistency since Leicesters run started in march/April.

I left Bellerin on my bench GW4 and thought Gomez would give me a clean sheet :( that didn't work out too well..

I've had Gomez from the beginning and strangely enough I'm happy to sell. Last year I had Siggy and Chadli from the start and they had to be prised out of my team as I'd grown attached.

Clichy is injured so i think Kolarov is nailed on for the next while after that though he's definitely at risk of Pellegrinis rotation.

There is just such a shortage of top side performers (outside of city) at the moment though.

cb3V5BX.jpg

Looks good in general.
    Long term the rotation between Gomis Mahrez Wilson and Ayew might cause you problems.
    I know they are playing well but I would try to get any price rises you can out of the 2 Swansea players and settle on one in your final selection.
    Good luck.

Looks good in general.
    Long term the rotation between Gomis Mahrez Wilson and Ayew might cause you problems.
    I know they are playing well but I would try to get any price rises you can out of the 2 Swansea players and settle on one in your final selection.
    Good luck.

Thanks, I like the look of Ayew medium term. Hopefully I will get more rises out of Gomis than Vardy over the international break, although if Vardy plays well for England he'll go up quite a bit.

Right.

Here's my current team.
    Myhill Guzan
    Bellerin Kolarov Huth Coates Saylor
    Silva Pedro Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Aguero Benteke Gomis

Yesterday's I eventually gave in and WCed to this
    Myhill McCarthy
    Bellerin Kolarov Ward Martin Targett
    Silva Pedro Ayew Mahrez Sinclair
    Aguero Wilson Gomis

Basically, I wanted to avoid price drops (Coates, Wanyama?, Huth?) and jump on 2 potential £0.2m risers (Wilson, Ayew).

Thing is price changes happened while I confirmed so didn't do anything in the end.

Nothing much did change though. McCarthy was a temporary £4.0m pick who could maybe return a £0.1m profit later. Wilson was to take advantage of his rise and fixtures. I'm not too bothered of having missed out on a £0.1m on him. He should only be a temporary pick and hopefully I won't miss this £0.1m when selling.

Big question is: is it really worth it?
    Plan would be to get a good rotation at the back (not particulalrly the popular picks I have written here), a pair of GKs I'm happy with and prepare the switch from Gomis to Ayew without losing too much cash.
    The overall plan would be to try and build a "big hitters" squad (e.g. Silva Pedro Mata/Ozil Ayew Aguero Benteke Wilson). A couple of £0.1m lost in the next 2 weeks would make this plan impossible. So am I trying too hard and (again) anticipating too much or does it make some sense?

iroced wrote: »
    Right.

Here's my current team.
    Myhill Guzan
    Aguero Benteke Gomis

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Wilson Gomis

Basically, I wanted to avoid price drops (Coates, Wanyama?, Huth?) and jump on 2 potential £0.2m risers (Wilson, Ayew).

Thing is price changes happened while I confirmed so didn't do anything in the end.

Nothing much did change though. McCarthy was a temporary £4.0m pick who could maybe return a £0.1m profit later. Wilson was to take advantage of his rise and fixtures. I'm not too bothered of having missed out on a £0.1m on him. He should only be a temporary pick and hopefully I won't miss this £0.1m when selling.

Plan would be to get a good rotation at the back (not particulalrly the popular picks I have written here), a pair of GKs I'm happy with and prepare the switch from Gomis to Ayew without losing too much cash.
    The overall plan would be to try and build a "big hitters" squad (e.g. Silva Pedro Mata/Ozil Ayew Aguero Benteke Wilson). A couple of £0.1m lost in the next 2 weeks would make this plan impossible. So am I trying too hard and (again) anticipating too much or does it make some sense?

Think your instincts were/are correct.
    You have a few looking likely to drop and the guys you want to bring in are likely to rise.
    Long term Targett is likely to lose his place but not many (if any) better 4.0M picks.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Right.

Here's my current team.
    Myhill Guzan
    Aguero Benteke Gomis

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Wilson Gomis

You've clearly thought this through so maybe I'm wrong but I would think that team wouldnt really need wildcarding and you could save it for a rainy day in a few weeks time?

The case you make about the price drops, I dunno sometimes I think you gotta suffer them and you'd be looking at players dropping most weeks. I took a 0.2 hit with Mane so his 11pts this week was a nice reward. If not you can always get rid of two of them for -4?

In any case, it's a very solid wildcard team. Targett is still popular surely Bertrand is back soon?:P Luke Shaw would be a nice addition to that team imo albeit he's probably hard to squeeze in. :)

Think your instincts were/are correct.
    You have a few looking likely to drop and the guys you want to bring in are likely to rise.
    Long term Targett is likely to lose his place but not many (if any) better 4.0M picks.
    Good luck.
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    You've clearly thought this through so maybe I'm wrong but I would think that team wouldnt really need wildcarding and you could save it for a rainy day in a few weeks time?

The case you make about the price drops, I dunno sometimes I think you gotta suffer them and you'd be looking at players dropping most weeks. I took a 0.2 hit with Mane so his 11pts this week was a nice reward. If not you can always get rid of two of them for -4?

In any case, it's a very solid wildcard team. Targett is still popular surely Bertrand is back soon?:P Luke Shaw would be a nice addition to that team imo albeit he's probably hard to squeeze in. :)

Cheers lads.

Think I've thought and still am thinking this through too much :pac:.

In a way, I feel I don't really need to WC. I could get Ayew for Payet for free and in case it turns bad the WC is there anyway. The Coates situation is annoying. With Leicester home to Villa next GW I have my 3 playing def, so a -4 just to avoid losing a £0.1m doesn't sound wise.
    Then there is the Wilson vs Benteke situation. Wilson's next 4 games are very tasty while Benteke sounds good for GW6 & 7. I have time (price changes wise) to assess this one though.

About Luke Shaw.
    Here's a team I could get right now.
    Guzan Myhill
    Kolarov Shaw Yoshida Martin Targett (any £4.0m def)
    Silva Pedro A.Ayew Mata/Ozil Westwood
    Aguero Benteke Wilson
    £0.1m in bank.
    If only there were better £8.5m GKs combo (only Leicester, Newcastle, Norwich & Palace offer it, Watford could but £4.0m Gilmartin was on the bench for the first 2 games and then it was £4.5m Arlauskis for the next 2) I'd be able to upgrade Yoshida to Cédric.

Right.

Here's my current team.
    Myhill Guzan
    Aguero Benteke Gomis

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Wilson Gomis

Pity about the timing on the rise, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have seen risers every night since Saturday so it looks like this International window could see a decent opportunity for growing TV.

You avoided inevitable price drops to a few players and that was important in your larger scheme of eventually loading up on bigger hitters.

After the first 4 GW's it seems that a number of mid priced MID and ATT are bringing home the bacon and so long as you are willing to be flexible and not get attached to any of them then I see it as a workable plan to get some rises out of them and flip them.

At the moment I think you could go with any of the following up front fronm a TV building pov and do ok pointswise (we'll take Aguerro out of the equation):

Diouf, Wilson, Vardy, Kone, Gomis

For MID you can look at Sako, Sinclair, Tadic, Mahrez, Ayew, Redmond, Kouyate

In terms of the team you finish your WC on, you can see yourself that Kolarov and rotating 4.5's with maybe a 4.0 thrown in for saving cash is the best way of ensuring the most options to spend in MID and ATT where all the best potential for rises are at the moment.

This is a long term goal so no I don't think you were trying too hard and yes I think you were right to get cracking on it.

As I've mentioned above, so far this window we're seeing nice steady rises (long may it continue)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is it absolutely crazy to not include Mahrez in my WC team? Is he a must have at his price?

• Advertisement
Advertisement