Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    hopefully we will know friday

i wouldnt say there is a huge rush to get him as utds fixtures arent great. However if myhill loses his place at the weekend its a move Ill make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think I am happy enough with this. Still not 100% happy with the defense, but have not spent massive money there. I had sanchez in for a while, but I had to jettison as my defense was then made up of £4m duds. With £2.5m left over I can get him in eventually.

Not too many differentials in there though aside from maybe Rondon. Id like to have Gomis, but too much dependence on Swansea then.

12002277_10207312084698167_8286028193695238132_n.jpg?oh=0d5e60a2e2846892631c7d5edd8a61a1&oe=56A96095

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ gimmick.

I'd rather have Kolarov than Hart. Clichy is out for a good month & Kolarov's on fire. He should get you more price rises too.

That said with uncertainties around both United & West brom keepers whom I believe are 2 of the best current options it's not easy to make a choice for this position.

What's your tactical formation plan? 3-4-3? 3-5-2?
    Shaqiri is too dear for the bench. And Albrighton is a bit dear for it too. Unless you plan on using your 2-5-3 chip next week I'd rather get a £4.5m 5th mid or max £5.0m 3rd forward bench fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I wildcarded so long ago I now can't remember my plan !
    so many midfield options its hard !
    I'm thinking of getting Sanchez in .....he has looked very dangerous and they have a game with lots of scoring potential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mccard wrote: »
    Wildcard active after a few poor weeks:

kggUTHB.jpg

Any ideas on how to improve above first draft?

I think you could save a bit on defence.(this assumes you play 3 at the back)
    You have Shaw Kolarov and Other.
    Until you know Evans is a lock pick a 4M def. who is getting a game instead of him and can then bring him in for Ward or Gomez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

iroced wrote: »
    @ gimmick.

I'd rather have Kolarov than Hart. Clichy is out for a good month & Kolarov's on fire. He should get you more price rises too.

That said with uncertainties around both United & West brom keepers whom I believe are 2 of the best current options it's not easy to make a choice for this position.

What's your tactical formation plan? 3-4-3? 3-5-2?
    Shaqiri is too dear for the bench. And Albrighton is a bit dear for it too. Unless you plan on using your 2-5-3 chip next week I'd rather get a £4.5m 5th mid or max £5.0m 3rd forward bench fodder.

I hear ya re Kolarov.

Plan eh? Well I got in Shaq before he rises as I think he will in a few weeks time. I also think this week might be the week arsenal come good, so dont think Shaq will do much or anything.

Re Albrighton - he is good for a few assists and is a defo starter. he is cheaper than Mahrez who I think for some reason has done his big scoring for the season. But I think could get rid for Sinclair at Villa.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I had a plan but now I can't remember what it is !
    current wildcard team is
    gomes boruc (even though I hate rotating keepers and will prb change this yet maybe to de gea )
    kolorov darmian naughton muniesa targett ( I'm only sure on kolorov to be honest and I'm very confused at this stage !)
    ayew mahrez pedro yaya payet (payet certainly going if I keep sahko and I think I'll get Sanchez and !maybe captain him)
    aguero Wilson sahko ( prob switch sahko to diouf next week )
    2 things I hate doing are rotating keepers and rotating front 8 and yet here I am with both !
    HELP!!!!

current wildcard team is
    gomes boruc (even though I hate rotating keepers and will prb change this yet maybe to de gea )
    kolorov darmian naughton muniesa targett ( I'm only sure on kolorov to be honest and I'm very confused at this stage !)
    ayew mahrez pedro yaya payet (payet certainly going if I keep sahko and I think I'll get Sanchez and !maybe captain him)
    2 things I hate doing are rotating keepers and rotating front 8 and yet here I am with both !
    HELP!!!!

The well balanced squad seems to be the one that people are "gravitating" towards especially after/during WC.
    I think there is nothing wrong with this at all atm.
    But I think many of these squads have ended up with defences that are dearer than their owners usually spend.
    My advice would be to leave money in the bank for easier one transfer upgrades.
    Good luck.
    (I haven't use WC and have a 4.5M midfield benchwarmer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wildcarded to:

De Gea, Elliott

Cathcart, Cedric, Martin, Gomez, Ward

Barkley, Mahrez, Pedro, Silva, Sinclair

Costa, Aguero, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi there, this is the way my current WC team is leaning. I want to have a tema at the end of the WC that I can bank the next 2 FT and hopefully catch a few rises in value.

J5Znqqk.jpg

I think it's a relatively balanced defence. Evans and Gomez are slight risks for rotation but should be ok (fingers crossed). Bou, Nor, WBA have decent fixtures coming up and should have a few clean sheets. Francis is a risk to fall in value though (one assist should sort that out)

I have the feeling that Sanchez will explode in the next game or two and want to be on-board for it.

Pedro is the budget conscious way into Chelsea attack atm

Yaya is Yaya, he's had his fill of birthday cake and is a steady riser - I wouldn't mind swapping him out for Debruyne but want to wait and see how Debruyne does first and where he's played.

Ayew/Mahrez. I will most likely end up downgrading one of these but want to hold on for another week or two to see if I can make any further gains on them. They both look like the real deal though and could be potential season/most season keepers.

Gomis/Wilson I came late to the party for both of them but have already made .1 on Wilson if I want to resell. I'm not convinced Gomis will keep it up but again he's rising in value and I might be able to make a bit on him.

Any thoughts or advice on how I can improve are very welcome.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Wildcarded to:

De Gea, Elliott

Cathcart, Cedric, Martin, Gomez, Ward

Barkley, Mahrez, Pedro, Silva, Sinclair

Costa, Aguero, Wilson

De Gea should reclaim his place but might not for the next game or two. You'll have a better idea after tomorrows Training session though and can change accordingly if needs be.

Your Defence is giving you a decent spread over the next few weeks. The only downside is the balance. If you want/need to upgrade your defenders you're swapping them out for other 4.5 's and do not have tremendous flexibility for a more expensive def.

NSrTips.jpg

Your Mid looks decent. I'd swap out Barkley personally as EVE have tough fixtures, but the counter attack football suits him very well and he could do fine.

Sinclair is looking decent also and you should catch a few rises out of him if he does anything more in the next couple of games.

Your attack is good. Costa has to start firing again soon I think, and if you're looking at a 3-5-2 they're the 2 strikers I 'd like to have up front.

current wildcard team is
    HELP!!!!

GK - Bou and Wat will get decent save opportunities, but I don't know if the likes of a Butland/Krul combination might be better.

Def - If you want Utd def coverage (I think their gravy train of def points might have stopped for the moment) then I 'd look at putting in Shaw, saving the .1 and getting a player who attacks more.

Naughton I like, but is Williams a better option ? tough call.

Muniesa I was looking at for a good while, even though Stoke have a nice run of games I don't know that they will keep many clean sheets and will Muniesa get BP without them ?

target is risky in terms of TV as when Bertrand comes back it could be a slaughter. You might be safer going with the likes of Ryan Bennet for 3.9 and put that .1 to use somewhere else.

Mid - I like your mid - I'd put in Sanchez for Payet in a heartbeat.

Att

Sakho/Diouf - hard to know. I was all over Diouf before the International but I think he might be carrying a knock ? Sakho - Is his head right ?

Sorry - I don't want to come across as shredding your team, but these are the things I'd be deliberating with those players.

Colking wrote: »
    GK - Bou and Wat will get decent save opportunities, but I don't know if the likes of a Butland/Krul combination might be better.

Def - If you want Utd def coverage (I think their gravy train of def points might have stopped for the moment) then I 'd look at putting in Shaw, saving the .1 and getting a player who attacks more.

Naughton I like, but is Williams a better option ? tough call.

Muniesa I was looking at for a good while, even though Stoke have a nice run of games I don't know that they will keep many clean sheets and will Muniesa get BP without them ?

target is risky in terms of TV as when Bertrand comes back it could be a slaughter. You might be safer going with the likes of Ryan Bennet for 3.9 and put that .1 to use somewhere else.

Mid - I like your mid - I'd put in Sanchez for Payet in a heartbeat.

Att

Sakho/Diouf - hard to know. I was all over Diouf before the International but I think he might be carrying a knock ? Sakho - Is his head right ?

Sorry - I don't want to come across as shredding your team, but these are the things I'd be deliberating with those players.

no you have reinforced a lot of what I was thinking actually!
    I have darmian since the start so he is worth 5.6 to me
    I could straight swap him to shaw as I'm worried about the amount of yellows darmian has! of course if I go de gea then I'll have neither !
    i m happy enough with gomes though not so much boruc
    so basically I've no idea who my defenders or goalie will be outside of kolorov!
    if begovic is guaranteed a month or so I might chance him

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

WC active. Current team is:

Cech-McCarthy
    Shaw-Kolarov-Naughton-Gomez Targett
    Ayew-Sanchez-Pedro-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Aguero-Wilson-Gomis

Any advice?
    This is about draft #35

who is best Watford defended to rotate with Francis of Bournemouth !?
    also shud I switch darmian out for Shaw ? will be same price to me

who is best Watford defended to rotate with Francis of Bournemouth !?
    also shud I switch darmian out for Shaw ? will be same price to me

Can't really offer you an informed opinion on Watford but having read a wiki article on Holebas he is on my watchlist.
    I prefer Shaw to Darmian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

lougal88 wrote:
    WC active. Current team is:

lougal88 wrote:
    Cech-McCarthy Shaw-Kolarov-Naughton-Gomez Targett Ayew-Sanchez-Pedro-Mahrez-Sinclair Aguero-Wilson-Gomis

lougal88 wrote:
    Any advice? This is about draft #35

Anything left in the bank?

Targett and Naughton are iffy. I'm guess you are planning on playing 3-4-3

Anything left in the bank?

Targett and Naughton are iffy. I'm guess you are planning on playing 3-4-3

I have 1.7m
    Keeping an eye on Benteke for the 2 big home games with Norwich and Villa.
    Also I'd like to get Silva back in for Sanchez/Pedro/Ayew in the coming weeks.

Targett is just a sub. But of the 4.0-4.1 bracket I have a drop before it'll affect my resale value. Naughton has good attacking potential (Could swap for Evans)

Yes 3-4-3 formation.

Gonna lock this WC in tonight.

Stekelenburg (McCarthy)

Shaw
    Kolorov
    Gomez
    (Yoshinda)
    (Saylor)

Pedro
    Mahrez
    Chadli
    Aynew
    (Sinclair)

Costa
    Aguero
    Gomis

I've gone with a strong front 3 which means I'm my midfield is made up of a few risky players.

I'd like to be able to have at least one FF stalwart like Hazard or Silva.

Could downgrade Costa to Pelle or Wilson and that would allow me to bring in Toure and so forth.

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote:
    I have 1.7m Keeping an eye on Benteke for the 2 big home games with Norwich and Villa. Also I'd like to get Silva back in for Sanchez/Pedro/Ayew in the coming weeks.

Yeah, good plan in case either Wilson or Gomis don't keep up their recent form.

lougal88 wrote:
    Targett is just a sub. But of the 4.0-4.1 bracket I have a drop before it'll affect my resale value. Naughton has good attacking potential (Could swap for Evans)

I'd keep Naughton over Evans for the moment.

Yeah, good plan in case either Wilson or Gomis don't keep up their recent form.

I'd keep Naughton over Evans for the moment.

You said Naughton is iffy though? Who would you have for 5m?
    Swansea next 5 fixtures are Watford (A), Everton (H), Southampton (A), Spurs (H), Stoke (H). Not bad at all imo

lougal88 wrote:
    You said Naughton is iffy though? Who would you have for 5m?

... ha, I did. I'm a spurs fan and I just didn't rate him for us at all so subconsciously I disinclined to him.

.. as a fourth defender in a team set up for 3 at the back he is more than sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

... ha, I did. I'm a spurs fan and I just didn't rate him for us at all so subconsciously I disinclined to him.

.. as a fourth defender in a team set up for 3 at the back he is more than sufficient.

He's playing in a team that got 12 clean sheets last season, he's more than sufficient as a 3rd defender never mind a 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Sanchez + Kone + S Taylor/Targett or Sako + Benteke + Darmian??

Current wildcard team

De Gea (Mccarthy)
    Bellerin Gomez Kolorov (Yoshida, S Taylor)
    Pedro Yaya Sanchez Mahrez Ayew
    Auguero Wilson (Kone)

Any advise appreciated. The only weak link I see going forward is S Taylor as he isn't a starter.. Also Sanchez is a little pricey for my liking.. Better to put in Ozil or Cazorla and keep some funds in the bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

KLxfQim.png
    Best £7m midfielder to fill this gap? thinking Tadic? Either that or swap Barkley for Coutinho and bring in a £5.6 (Sako probably)

Had an excellent gw and had the highest score in my pay league, trying to win this month so focusing on the next two gameweeks with this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ShaneU wrote: »
    KLxfQim.png
    Best £7m midfielder to fill this gap? thinking Tadic? Either that or swap Barkley for Coutinho and bring in a £5.6 (Sako probably)

Had an excellent gw and had the highest score in my pay league, trying to win this month so focusing on the next two gameweeks with this team.

Houlihan worth considering.

Assuming you'll be playing 3-4-3 why not bring in a premium mid in the 8.5m-9m bracket as the other mid will be benched. You could have Mata/Ozil along with Sinclair.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Assuming you'll be playing 3-4-3 why not bring in a premium mid in the 8.5m-9m bracket as the other mid will be benched. You could have Mata/Ozil along with Sinclair.

Was considering Coutinho and Sako, liverpool have two easy fixtures

Yeah sounds good. But unless you are benching ayew-mahrez-silva why Sako? Could bring in a 4.5 mid and upgrade elsewhere.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds good. But unless you are benching ayew-mahrez-barkley why Sako? Could bring in a 4.5 mid and upgrade elsewhere.
    In case of injuries, players getting dropped etc. Don't really need to upgrade elsewhere, happy enough with the other 9 starting players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In case of injuries, players getting dropped etc. Don't really need to upgrade elsewhere, happy enough with the other 9 starting players.

I'd be an advocate of flexibility though. That strong a 5th mid as most will testify leads to selection headaches. For injuries a 4.5 will do and while you dont need the cash elsewhere in your team right now you will be sat some saturday evening very soon absolutely having to fit in Hazard/Silva/Sanchez and tearing your hair out.

I'm not saying you should always have 2m in the bank, but at the moment with so much unpredictablity it could be very handy.

I currently have 4.6m itb and strongly considering banking. That cash and 2 fts next week could be a huge advantage in a number of scenarios.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd be an advocate of flexibility though. That strong a 5th mid as most will testify leads to selection headaches. For injuries a 4.5 will do and while you dont need the cash elsewhere in your team right now you will be sat some saturday evening very soon absolutely having to fit in Hazard/Silva/Sanchez and tearing your hair out.

I'm not saying you should always have 2m in the bank, but at the moment with so much unpredictablity it could be very handy.

I currently have 4.6m itb and strongly considering banking. That cash and 2 fts next week could be a huge advantage in a number of scenarios.

Some sound advice given there but if its short term for the next 2 gws I like your idea. Personally I'd go for Puncheon and take Ayew out and hold Barkley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

After much deliberation and a couple of missed price rises, I decided to pull the trigger. Thoughts on the following:

Butland, Myhill
    Kolarov, Cedric, Francis, C Dawson, Bellerin
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Ayew, Yaya, Fletcher,
    Vardy, Gomis, Aguero.

Bellerin looks v good going forward. Southampton, WBA good for CS. Francis good fixtures & attacking.
    Prefer Ayew over Payet.
    Went Vardy over Diouf and Gomis over Benteke. No utd or Chelsea cover and am doubling up on both Lei and Swa attack.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    After much deliberation and a couple of missed price rises, I decided to pull the trigger. Thoughts on the following:

Butland, Myhill
    Kolarov, Cedric, Francis, C Dawson, Bellerin
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Ayew, Yaya, Fletcher,
    Vardy, Gomis, Aguero.

Bellerin looks v good going forward. Southampton, WBA good for CS. Francis good fixtures & attacking.
    Prefer Ayew over Payet.
    Went Vardy over Diouf and Gomis over Benteke. No utd or Chelsea cover and am doubling up on both Lei and Swa attack.

A lot spent on defence.
    Fletcher at -96.3 to drop.
    How much in bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ElTel wrote: »
    A lot spent on defence.
    Fletcher at -96.3 to drop.
    How much in bank?

Oops I meant to mention 1.3 ITB. Good shout I'll get rid before he does :D Might downgrade Soares:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Quick question

If i play my wild card today, i have up until game week starts to chop and change as many times as i like , Is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Quick question

If i play my wild card today, i have up until game week starts to chop and change as many times as i like , Is that correct?

Yes.

Sanchez + Kone + S Taylor/Targett or Sako + Benteke + Darmian??

Current wildcard team

De Gea (Mccarthy)
    Bellerin Gomez Kolorov (Yoshida, S Taylor)
    Pedro Yaya Sanchez Mahrez Ayew
    Auguero Wilson (Kone)

Any advise appreciated. The only weak link I see going forward is S Taylor as he isn't a starter.. Also Sanchez is a little pricey for my liking.. Better to put in Ozil or Cazorla and keep some funds in the bank?

S Taylor is holding his value for a 5th def. Some players might even choose a guy at 3.9M because they're probably not going to play 5 at the back until they use their bench boost in a DGW.
    Yoshida (I have him too) is now probably not a starter especially if Southampton play 4-4-2.
    Think you should choose someone who rotates well with Gomez.
    What have you left in the bank?
    Cazorla ahead of Ozil imo.

Current team (used wildcard this GW)

Hart (Schmeichel)
    Kolarov Naughton Cédric (Subs Cresswell/Dann)
    Ayew Barkley Mahrez Tadic Barkley
    Agüero Gomis Wilson

Midfield IMO is average put Chelsea/Arsenal mids not going anything at the moment. Tempted to get rid of Hart for City midfield cover?

Taughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hart (Schmeichel)
    Agüero Gomis Wilson

Midfield IMO is average put Chelsea/Arsenal mids not going anything at the moment. Tempted to get rid of Hart for City midfield cover?

Taughts?

I'd downgrade one of the Barkleys...:P

• Advertisement

Oops s*hite.. Correct mid below

Ayew Barkley Mahrez Tadic Payet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why Tadic? He rarely comes up with the goods to justify the mid-range price?

My wildcard team has £9.3m in the bank, is it me that's mental or just this season.

09X1OFJ.png

ShaneU id replace one of your mids with sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Hart (Schmeichel)
    Agüero Gomis Wilson

Taughts?

Definitely downgrade hart and upgrade tadic to a city mid

ShaneU id replace one of your mids with sanchez

Which one though? Mahrez has 4 goals 2 assists, Ayew has 3 goals 1 assist, Silva has 3 assists, Barkley 2 goals 3 assists, Sako (bench) has 2 goals 1 assist.

So far Sanchez has nothing but he has looked dangerous, unlike Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My wildcard team has £9.3m in the bank, is it me that's mental or just this season.

09X1OFJ.png
    Not having Aguero and not using the money you're saving by not having him is mental in my eyes. An Agueroless team has got to be ridiculously strong throughout the squad IMO.

Which one though? Mahrez has 4 goals 2 assists, Ayew has 3 goals 1 assist, Silva has 3 assists, Barkley 2 goals 3 assists, Sako (bench) has 2 goals 1 assist.

So far Sanchez has nothing but he has looked dangerous, unlike Hazard.

Id have sanchez over barkley and sako all day long. Sanchez is a proven goalscorer and plays for a team that will be 1 of the 3 highest goalscoring teams in the league. He may not be worth 11 million but as you have shown by selecting a good team with a huge amount of money left over we dont have to consider this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Any advice welcome. 1.8m in the bank.

20899162303_bbb8d38984_z.jpg

• Advertisement

Omeceron wrote: »
    Any advice welcome. 1.8m in the bank.

20899162303_bbb8d38984_z.jpg

With that front 8 your only going to play 3 at the back.
    So I think you have overspent on defence.
    Should consider a 4.0M or 3.9M guy as your 5th defender and 4.5M or 4.4M for your 4th defender.

Advertisement