Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

iroced wrote: »
    Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Souaré Evans Saylor
    Sanchez KDB Mata Mahrez Drinkwater
    Aguero Martial Vardy

I'm close to finalising my WC team, and it too is quite close to yours and Lemlin's:

Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Dier Nyom Souaré
    Sanchez KdB Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Aguero Martial Vardy

That said, the way you've managed to fit Mata in is serious food for thought with the form he's on. I'm just having difficulty trusting that United will continue this goalscoring run, when the rate of chances created per game is actually quite low from what I understand, and would be slightly concerned at having two attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm close to finalising my WC team, and it too is quite close to yours and Lemlin's:

Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Dier Nyom Souaré
    Sanchez KdB Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Aguero Martial Vardy

That said, the way you've managed to fit Mata in is serious food for thought with the form he's on. I'm just having difficulty trusting that United will continue this goalscoring run, when the rate of chances created per game is actually quite low from what I understand, and would be slightly concerned at having two attackers.

Well I think it comes down to Lemlin's question:
    Payet + Martial or Mata + Sakho.

The former have form & flavourness of the moment with them. They're rising fast and returning good pts. So far...
    The latter have PL experience and a good history of FPL returns with them. They're not as popular. For now...

Tough decision. Personally I feel I've missed out on Payet (ditched him right before his big haul). I have this naggly feeling if I get him back in he'll fade away... He has 3 away in his next 4 though WH are performing great away and it's "only" Sunderland, Palace & Watford (for Chelsea at home). But Mata's run is horrible (Arsenal, Everton & Palace away for City at home).
    I actually may reconsider Ayew or Pedro since they have the opposite trend, 3 at home in their next 4. Ayew has Spurs who played tonight, Stoke & Arsenal for Villa away and for Pedro it's the second best run (considering their next 6 here) of the league after City!

But to afford Pedro I'd need to ditch Bellerin... Not sure I really want that yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm away at a wedding today which isn't ideal. Both of you have gone Bellerin over Bertie. Why when Bellerin's fixtures look so poor for clean sheets?

But to afford Pedro I'd need to ditch Bellerin... Not sure I really want that yet.

That's my dilemma as well. I'd say I'm 95% satisfied with my WC team, but that lingering 5% is the concern over not having a Chelsea attacking player. It's hard to justify weakening the rest of my team with the form that they're in, particularly Pedro, but you have to think that will change. It will take at least 3 transfers post-WC to get him in if I go with the above team.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm away at a wedding today which isn't ideal. Both of you have gone Bellerin over Bertie. Why when Bellerin's fixtures look so poor for clean sheets?

I just rate Bellerin really highly, I think he's a season-keeper like Kolarov. You just fancy him for attacking points and BPS in every game (although I know that kind of applied to Bertrand last season, too).

Definitely keeping an eye on Bertie as he comes back to fitness, but I'm sticking to Bellerin for now. I don't think his clean sheet potential is that weak in the immediate term, either - for me there are only a small number of fixtures between now and Christmas where you wouldn't fancy Arsenal's chances of one.

That's a good point. I do rate him for his attacking threat like Necronomicon said but he's only had 1 assist so far and last year 2 goals & 1 assist. Which is nothing exceptional and for £5.5m you could expect a bit more.

I have Bellerin from GW1. He's there because he was not a priority to get rid since he rose £0.1m. My plan was Bertie but Saints next 3 aren't great either. Though, considering Arsenal fixtures you could argue there's no real point planning a transfer for GW11 when I can do it now.

Fixtures wise and in a "normal" season, it'd be a no brainer to get a Chelsea def alongside Kolarov for my preferred 2 premium def partnership. But they're still very dear for what they returned so far. Crazy they didn't drop in price :eek:!

I'm still undecided about my defense. That's why I held onto my WC for GW3 but we don't know that much more now, except that Chelsea are still struggling to settle at the back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd go Bertie 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Right I have 6.6 to spend on a midfielder.

I wanted West Hame cover and because I can't afford Payet, I was looking at Lanzini, Moses or Kouyaté as options. This player would be starting every week in a 3-4-3.

Or can I afford to ignore West Ham altogether and look elsewhere. The only place I could free up funds is Kolorov to Sagna which would leave me with 7.1 to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Getting close to the time were we are going to have to finalise our wildcards.

I've still some decisions to make.

What are people settling on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Getting pretty close to finalising a team. On this atm

Myhill--Hennessey
    Kolarov-bellerin-Evans-souare-Francis
    Sanchez-KDB-mahrez-payet-wanyama
    Aguero-vardy-martial

Have Dier atm to get the rise out of him,and Im considering keeping him, but other than that I'm happy enough. No Chelsea cover is the obvious worry long term, but I'll cross that bridge when they get back to normal.

How does it look? Am I missing anything?

• Advertisement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Getting pretty close to finalising a team. On this atm

Myhill--Hennessey
    Kolarov-bellerin-Evans-souare-Francis
    Sanchez-KDB-mahrez-payet-wanyama
    Aguero-vardy-martial

Have Dier atm to get the rise out of him,and Im considering keeping him, but other than that I'm happy enough. No Chelsea cover is the obvious worry long term, but I'll cross that bridge when they get back to normal.

How does it look? Am I missing anything?

Very similar to my own WC team to be honest. Think we have about two players different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Very similar to my own WC team to be honest. Think we have about two players different.

Yeah seems pretty close to the template. Happy enough with it though. Hopefully I'll start to see a bit of a rise now

John83 wrote: »
    Right I have 6.6 to spend on a midfielder.

I wanted West Hame cover and because I can't afford Payet, I was looking at Lanzini, Moses or Kouyaté as options. This player would be starting every week in a 3-4-3.

Or can I afford to ignore West Ham altogether and look elsewhere. The only place I could free up funds is Kolorov to Sagna which would leave me with 7.1 to spend.
    What's your team like?
    Can't you free some funds elsewhere to be able to afford Payet?

@MarkSRFC21:
    Ending up on a very similar team too with the same no Chelsea cover worry.

What's your team like?
    Can't you free some funds elsewhere to be able to afford Payet?

@MarkSRFC21:
    Ending up on a very similar team too with the same no Chelsea cover worry.

I'm slightly surprised to see such a high percentage this week's wildcard teams ignoring Chelsea cover. I had prioritised getting some in from last week. Hard to fit Sanchez, Hazard and a big City mid but it's the latter I'm leaning towards sacrificing. Perhaps if Yaya was fit more would go that way to accomodate a Chelsea mid.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm slightly surprised to see such a high percentage this week's wildcard teams ignoring Chelsea cover. I had prioritised getting some in from last week. Hard to fit Sanchez, Hazard and a big City mid but it's the latter I'm leaning towards sacrificing. Perhaps if Yaya was fit more would go that way to accomodate a Chelsea mid.

Hard to ignore Sanchez now that he exploded. KDB with his fixtures, Yaya injury & Silva fragileness is hard to ignore too. Hazard is too dear. Impossible to fit him in with the previous 2 & Aguero without going very cheap elsewhere.

Current planned team is
    Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Souaré Dier Bertrand Saylor
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez Drinkwater
    Aguero Martial Vardy
    £0.7m itb

What I can do is

Payet -> Pedro
    Dier -> Cook
    Drinkwater -> Wanyama
    £0.1m itb

Dier -> Zouma (though should have been done yesterday eve)
    £0.3m itb

2bis.
    Dier -> Azpi
    Drinkwater -> Wanyama
    £0 itb

I'm not too happy about having both Hennessey & Saylor but the lack of any playing £4m def is hurting badly this year.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A lot of Last week's wildcarders would have went without sanchez or arsenal attacking coverage. I think Chelsea coverage is an awkward one at the minute. Pedro may get rotated. Hazard isn't playing well and is expensive. Costa is a lunatic and there seems to be problems at the club.

Hard to ignore Sanchez now that he exploded. KDB with his fixtures, Yaya injury & Silva fragileness is hard to ignore too. Hazard is too dear. Impossible to fit him in with the previous 2 & Aguero without going very cheap elsewhere.

Current planned team is
    Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Souaré Dier Bertrand Saylor
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez Drinkwater
    Aguero Martial Vardy
    £0.7m itb

I was 0.1 short of Yaya to KDB which would have left me with all the big guys. Hazard is there on probation but Chelsea could well hammer somebody one of these days and I'm gambling in being ahead of the curve on that one.

Team wise i can't see much wrong. I'd probably favour Mata/Sahko over Payet/Martial. Payet is great and all but takes fewer shots than a lot of the mids. Mata is one of the form players in the pl.

Wouldn't hurry to get Pedro or Chelsea defensive cover. This is the Chelsea conundrum really. Only Hazard worth having atm and hes overpriced.

Would JoS not be worth the 0.3 over Saylor. They are Sunderland but they have some decent fixtures where he might do a job 2 weeks.in the next 8 or so.

Also, if i was wildcarding I'd go Wanyama or another 4.3 to free up cash. Drinkwater to Wanyama and Saylor to OShea only costs you 0.1 more and is more solid to me.

I was 0.1 short of Yaya to KDB which would have left me with all the big guys. Hazard is there on probation but Chelsea could well hammer somebody one of these days and I'm gambling in being ahead of the curve on that one.
    Yeah but the way I see it is if you, FHFC, you, grand gourou of the team value tribe were £0.1m short (and I'd say you're probably £0.3m short now), then, it's close to an impossible fit.

--

Yeah Mata-Sakho vs Payet-Martial. Former is cheaper (£0.6m for me now I think) with more PL experience. Latter have form & "frightening" ownerships. Sold Mata for Payet before Payet rise yesterday so think it's now too late to revert. Hopefully will make some more profit on my 2 frenchies before switching in a couple of GWs if needed.

Yeah but the way I see it is if you, FHFC, you, grand gourou of the team value tribe were £0.1m short (and I'd say you're probably £0.3m short now), then, it's close to an impossible fit.

Well its with 2 cheap strikers in Sahko and Vardy. I was tempted to go for Diouf which would have allowed me to fit KdB but going without one of the West Ham attackers seems foolhardy.

• Advertisement

Well got Wanyama back and went with Azpi ahead of Dier (had missed his first rise so was not going to get any profit tonight anyway). Chelsea fixtures are so good. Was already debating Zouma yesterday but missed his rise and not sure how nailed he is. Hopefully Azpi is still José's favourite. It it goes tits up I'll move him out after Chelsea run of 3 home games out of 4. He's not close to a fall and he's actually slightly rising so hopefully no price drops here.

Kept Saylor in the end since O'Shea is dropping as fast as him and well if it's to be used once... With Kolarov Azpi & Bertie I have a premium defense with Souaré for Palace good run.

Now that Targett should move back to the bench, there's no viable £4.0m def option and it'll hurt everyone.

My main concern is this naggly suggestion you just made (:p) about Mata-Sakho being a better option (and cheaper) than Payet-Martial...

Just picking my team for next week and I'v just realised my Def of Kolorov, Dier, Bertie, Nyom & Souaré are all at home in GW9 and all away in GW10. Not ideal but too late now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Just picking my team for next week and I'v just realised my Def of Kolorov, Dier, Bertie, Nyom & Souaré are all at home in GW9 and all away in GW10. Not ideal but too late now.

Not too late. Gives you the chance to bank in 9 and make 2 in 10 and fix that.

CSF wrote: »
    Not too late. Gives you the chance to bank in 9 and make 2 in 10 and fix that.

Cant see me making two transfer for defenders in the next two weeks. But we'll see.

Cant see me making two transfer for defenders in the next two weeks. But we'll see.

Is your front 7 up to scratch? Defence is as important as anything.

Is your front 7 up to scratch? Defence is as important as anything.

Myhill, Hennesy
    Kolorov, Dier, Bertie, Nyom & Souaré
    Marehz, Sanchez, De Bruyne, Payet, Wanyama
    Vardy, Matrial, Aguero

No urgent issues at the moment.

• Advertisement

Myhill, Hennesy
    Kolorov, Dier, Bertie, Nyom & Souaré
    Marehz, Sanchez, De Bruyne, Payet, Wanyama
    Vardy, Matrial, Aguero

No urgent issues at the moment.

I have the exact same team. I wouldn't let it trouble you at all.

I have the exact same team. I wouldn't let it trouble you at all.

I'd be looking to get a little home/away rotation between the cheapies all the same.

I'd be looking to get a little home/away rotation between the cheapies all the same.

If transfers allow but it wouldn't concern me if other moves were more important.

If transfers allow but it wouldn't concern me if other moves were more important.

With that front 7 I don't think they should be unless you decide you want Pelle/Mane

With that front 7 I don't think they should be unless you decide you want Pelle/Mane

I wouldn't mind Mane for Mahrez. I said my only concern when playing the wildcard was not having Mane/Mata.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind Mane for Mahrez. I said my only concern when playing the wildcard was not having Mane/Mata.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Mahrez just yet though at the same time.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Mahrez just yet though at the same time.

I'm very very tempted by Mané for Mahrez. But Leicester have a few nice fixtures ahead. Home to Palace and Watford and Newcastle away in next 4. With his ownership and penalties it's too risky just yet. I sold Siggy quite early last year and it worked out well. Downing (remember him being a viable ff asset!!) outscored him and was a great differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Y'all kept martial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Never jumped on the Martial bandwagon in the first place.

Amazing potential and a great start but over the course of the season, I can't see him getting regular goals & assists for the price that he is at. Better long term options elsewhere IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

ElTel wrote: »
    Y'all kept martial?

Jumped on the Pelle Wagon.

I'm doing that much jumping between the various wagons now I don't think Indiana Jones in his prime could have managed it ;)

Any one on THE card this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Colking wrote: »
    Jumped on the Pelle Wagon.

I'm doing that much jumping between the various wagons now I don't think Indiana Jones in his prime could have managed it ;)

qytnio.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Been messing around with my WC. Have the following team. Couple of things making me uneasy. With the extra cash from Ageuro my full panel is very competitive and I am struggling to see who I would bench. Cant see myself going forward with these predicaments

Gomez -- Elliot

Bertie -- Souare -- Kolorov -- Francis -- Bellerin

KDB -- Payet -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Mane

Vardy -- Lukaku -- Pelle

Also an issue would be obviously 3 Southampton players & 2 Leicester. Here is an alternative option

Gomez -- Elliot

Bertie -- Souare -- Zab -- Francis -- Bellerin

KDB -- Payet -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Fletcher

Costa -- Lukaku -- Pelle

Been messing around with my WC. Have the following team. Couple of things making me uneasy. With the extra cash from Ageuro my full panel is very competitive and I am struggling to see who I would bench. Cant see myself going forward with these predicaments

Gomez -- Elliot

Bertie -- Souare -- Kolorov -- Francis -- Bellerin

KDB -- Payet -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Mane

Vardy -- Lukaku -- Pelle

Also an issue would be obviously 3 Southampton players & 2 Leicester. Here is an alternative option

Gomez -- Elliot

Bertie -- Souare -- Zab -- Francis -- Bellerin

KDB -- Payet -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Fletcher

Costa -- Lukaku -- Pelle

2 squads with only one player from Chelsea Everton Man United and Liverpool and that's Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

OK so I played -8 at the start of the int break (Mane and Payet price going up, Kompany getting injured) then the Kun did his thing so I swapped him out for Ighalo, which allowed me upgrade Fletcher to DeBruyne, but meant another -8..... so take the -16 or play the WC????

Current team:

Myhill --- Boruc

Huth---Oxford---Evans---Bellerin---Azpil

De-Bryune---Mane---Sanchez---Mahrz---Payet

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

2.1M in the bank

I could always hold the WC until Kun looks like needing to come back in and use it then

Next week plan is to get Bertrand in

• Advertisement

-16 is too much IMO. That's wildcard territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ElTel wrote: »
    2 squads with only one player from Chelsea Everton Man United and Liverpool and that's Costa?

Chelsea are hardly firing at the moment. Defenders are expensive & with KDB and Sanchez getting Hazard is a big ask. Everton are so-so, I have Lukaku that is enough from them. The only player from Utd I would consider is Mata, I've had Martial but got rid, their fixtures not ideal for the next few weeks. Finally Liverpool, Sturridge is the only route here but I would like to see him take off before I gamble. Also their fixtures aren't great.

I think you will find alot of teams without a vast amount of players fom these teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chelsea are hardly firing at the moment. Defenders are expensive & with KDB and Sanchez getting Hazard is a big ask. Everton are so-so, I have Lukaku that is enough from them. The only player from Utd I would consider is Mata, I've had Martial but got rid, their fixtures not ideal for the next few weeks. Finally Liverpool, Sturridge is the only route here but I would like to see him take off before I gamble. Also their fixtures aren't great.

I think you will find alot of teams without a vast amount of players fom these teams

I have 4, and would be doing much better if I had none.

Of course. It's for all those reasons that I did not WC or make additional changes other than Kun out (actually still to make the transfer yet)
    Usually after a WC one would hope to save a few transfers but I do like the squad you put together.
    Not sure if Eliot is first choice when Darlow is fit but I think he is ok 'till next International break and would then need to make a mistake to lose spot.
    Good luck.

Kolarov a step too far so I'm using WC.

I have and will be keeping -

Myhill

Bellerin

KDB, Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez,

Vardy, Pelle, Costa

I'll probably stick in Newcastle keeper now at 4m for bench.

So any suggestions for 2 defenders based on next 4-6 weeks fixtures.

I'm currently thinking Bertrand and Targett so one can sub in for the other automatically if needs be.

That leaves me needing 1 starting defender, 1 bench defender and 1 bench midfielder.

I'll probably stick in Nyom, or the like, as my other benched defender.

I'll try and have first team starters on my bench but players that I would not want to put in to my team.

So bench would be Elliot, Targett, Nyom and maybe Hoolahan which leaves 7m in the bank but needing to buy a starting defender. I currently have Fletcher on my bench so could leave him there instead of Hoolahan thus giving me an extra 0.8m.

Would like to leave some cash in the bank for future transfers.

Does this post read too confusing ?

-16 is too much IMO. That's wildcard territory.

Ya, was thinking as much....wanted to hang onto the WC but have decided to go ahead and play it considering I've already taked the -16 and my def is still not great! Wahoo!

Below is my current team:

Myhill --- Boruc

Huth---Oxford---Evans---Bellerin---Azpil

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

2.1M in the bank

Pretty happy with my front 8, although an upgrade on Ighalo wouldn't be against swapping him out.

Thinking of swapping out Bourc for Gomes

Huth/Oxford/Evans for Dawson/Janmaat/Nyom

I'll swap out Azil next week for a Man City def (Kompany or Zab)

What you think? Would like to get Pelle in there too but somethings gotta give in my front 8 if that's to happen!

Aaaahhh....

OK latest iteration.....

Myhill --- Gomes

Jaanmat--- Dawson---Souare---Bellerin---Azpil

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

What ye think??? Could downgrade Pelle to upgrade Ighalo to Pelle. Or just swap out Martial?

Kolarov a step too far so I'm using WC.

I have and will be keeping -

Myhill

Bellerin

KDB, Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez,

Vardy, Pelle, Costa

I'll probably stick in Newcastle keeper now at 4m for bench.

So any suggestions for 2 defenders based on next 4-6 weeks fixtures.

I'm currently thinking Bertrand and Targett so one can sub in for the other automatically if needs be.

That leaves me needing 1 starting defender, 1 bench defender and 1 bench midfielder.

I'll probably stick in Nyom, or the like, as my other benched defender.

I'll try and have first team starters on my bench but players that I would not want to put in to my team.

So bench would be Elliot, Targett, Nyom and maybe Hoolahan which leaves 7m in the bank but needing to buy a starting defender. I currently have Fletcher on my bench so could leave him there instead of Hoolahan thus giving me an extra 0.8m.

Would like to leave some cash in the bank for future transfers.

Does this post read too confusing ?

I'd get moreno and Davies spurs both great value. Bertrand and targett isn't a good strategy your better off with 5 starting defenders it will save you points hits in the long run.

I'd get moreno and Davies spurs both great value. Bertrand and targett isn't a good strategy your better off with 5 starting defenders it will save you points hits in the long run.

Thanks so much for your input. I'd earmarked Davies a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot.

I genuinely thought Bertrand and Targett was a great strategy as if one doesn't play the other definitely will.

My brain told me that 3 premium defenders was better than 5 average ones.

I don't like having a choice of who to play each week so I've had cheap players on my bench who are starting for their teams each week. I was thinking O' Shea, Fletcher for example so they would come in as auto sub if any last minute injuries happened. I think Pulis and Big Sam defenders are a must at the prices. So going Myhill and either PVA or JOS.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for your input. I'd earmarked Davies a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot.

I genuinely thought Bertrand and Targett was a great strategy as if one doesn't play the other definitely will.

My brain told me that 3 premium defenders was better than 5 average ones.

I don't like having a choice of who to play each week so I've had cheap players on my bench who are starting for their teams each week. I was thinking O' Shea, Fletcher for example so they would come in as auto sub if any last minute injuries happened. I think Pulis and Big Sam defenders are a must at the prices. So going Myhill and either PVA or JOS.

I prefer to have 5 playing defenders and rotate them depending on fixtures in the first half of the season. As our budget increases and trends develop with regard clean sheets I'd move to more premium defenders as the season progresses. There is a great app fpl wizard 1.50 which I use for defensive rotations alternatively you could take out the paper and pen to work it out.

Advertisement