Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

wildcard time, who looks set to rise .2 this week? Bony? Sterling? Dont think i can bring myself to put back in sterling even just for the profit, after taking him out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

wildcard time, who looks set to rise .2 this week? Bony? Sterling? Dont think i can bring myself to put back in sterling even just for the profit, after taking him out yesterday

Have you picked you team for next week?
    How does it look with say a -4?
    Tough wrt Sterling but it's a nasty GW fixture wise (at least for my squad)
    Things "open up" in GW11 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

WC activated.

Thinking of the following:

Elliott - 4.0 GK

Kompany - Bellerin - O'Shea (depending on fitness) - C Dawson - Nyom

KDB - Ozil - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet

Vardy - Kane - Ighalo

WC activated.

Elliott - 4.0 GK

Vardy - Kane - Ighalo

Would you consider going with Darlow as your other GK and pinning yourself to NC until next WC? It's something I'm considering for when I do WC because it takes out the selection headache and costs 8M total.
    Long term I suggest an Everton attacker.
    How much does the above team leave itb?

ElTel wrote: »
    Would you consider going with Darlow as your other GK and pinning yourself to NC until next WC? It's something I'm considering for when I do WC because it takes out the selection headache and costs 8M total.
    Long term I suggest an Everton attacker.
    How much does the above team leave itb?

Essentially what I'm doing with the '4.0 GK' spot is seeing how the rest of my team pans out. If I have a bit in the bank, I might upgrade to a playing keeper at around 4.5m. Otherwise, yes, back up Newcastle GK would make sense. I see Darlow is currently injured though. Woodman was on the bench vs Sunderland.

I currently have 0.7m banked. If I had 0.8m I'd probably get Myhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

WC activated.

Elliott - 4.0 GK

Vardy - Kane - Ighalo

Like El Tel suggested you should also look at Everton, Deulofeu, Barkley and/or Lukaku. I'll probably go with Lukaku.

Before Jagielka got injured I would have suggested Kolarov --> Coleman. Not so sure about that now but maybe you should still keep it in mind.

Colking wrote: »
    Like El Tel suggested you should also look at Everton, Deulofeu, Barkley and/or Lukaku. I'll probably go with Lukaku.

Before Jagielka got injured I would have suggested Kolarov --> Coleman. Not so sure about that now but maybe you should still keep it in mind.

Yeah I have looked at Everton players. In fact I think one version had both Barkley and Lukaku in it! But ultimately when I look at it on a player by player basis, I'm just not sure where I can fit them it. In midfield, I don't think Barkley is a better option than any of the 5 I have. If Ozil's returns dip, he could be the one to make way. But I'm happy with him for now.

I think if I do go for an Everton player, it will most likely be Lukaku, but for me it's pretty much a toss up between him and Kane. Lukaku has burned me in the past, so having trouble convincing myself to go for him over Kane. His fixtures are definitely better. But he's a very frustrating player FPL-wise.

I think Delofeu is one to monitor - certainly not a better option than Mahrez.

I'm not touching an everton defender. Jags is out, and Howard is a poor keeper, so I don't see a huge amount of cleanies in them. I think at 5.9m, there are much better options than Coleman.

I'm not touching an everton defender. Jags is out, and Howard is a poor keeper, so I don't see a huge amount of cleanies in them. I think at 5.9m, there are much better options than Coleman.

So much for my punt on Coleman :eek: !

WYjklnY.gif

So much for my punt on Coleman :eek: !

WYjklnY.gif

Well now I just feel bad!

In fairness, it is worth a punt, especially with Everton's fixtures. I just want to play it a bit safe with the defenders. Kompany/Kolarov/Bellerin are all more highly owned.

Just trying to finalise my WC team today. Seems I'm the only one of boards wildcarding this week!

At the minute looking at the following, lets call it Option A:

Elliot - Pantillimon

Kolarov - Bellerin - Moreno - O'Shea - Simpson

KDB - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet - Ozil

Kane - Vardy - Ighalo

0.0m itb

GKs:
    I think I'm happy with them. They will rotate nicely and are fairly low cost.

Defenders:
    Kol, Bell and Moreno will start most weeks (might leave Moreno out this week). I'd like a Southampton defender, but not sure if it should be at the expense of Bellerin or Kolarov. Can't afford to go Moreno to a VVD.

Mids:
    Sanchez, KDB, Mahrez and Payet all speak for themselves I feel. Mahrez is worth keeping onto for the minute. Ozil has my 5th spot. He's done well in recent weeks and he's playing very well.

Forwards:
    Vardy is a given. Ighalo is a cheap forward who is doing very well, but he can be benched or rotated with Mahrez depending on fixtures. Kane is a tricky one and may or may not stick with him. Pelle and Lukaku are options (I don't really see Bony as a better option than any of the others, so not really considering him, despite a tasty fixture this week).

Concerns/considerations:
    I don't have any Southampton or Everton attackers. The main 2 I could dump would be Ozil and Kane. And that would allow me enough cash to bring in VVD in defence.

That would give me an Option B:

Elliot - Pantillimon

Kolarov - Bellerin - VVD - O'Shea - Simpson

KDB - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet - Mane

Lukaku - Vardy - Ighalo

Would appreciate any opinions on the above! Feel good to be able to put some time in FPL again! The start of the season has been ridiculously busy work wise, hence the +1m OR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I do think it's odd to see a wildcard team this week without any of Bony, Lukaku and Pelle.

CSF wrote: »
    I do think it's odd to see a wildcard team this week without any of Bony, Lukaku and Pelle.

Yeah that's why I've been looking at Option B!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Just trying to finalise my WC team today. Seems I'm the only one of boards wildcarding this week!

Elliot - Pantillimon

Kane - Vardy - Ighalo

0.0m itb

GKs:

Defenders:
    Kol, Bell and Moreno will start most weeks (might leave Moreno out this week). I'd like a Southampton defender, but not sure if it should be at the expense of Bellerin or Kolarov. Can't afford to go Moreno to a VVD.

Mids:
    Sanchez, KDB, Mahrez and Payet all speak for themselves I feel. Mahrez is worth keeping onto for the minute. Ozil has my 5th spot. He's done well in recent weeks and he's playing very well.

Forwards:
    Vardy is a given. Ighalo is a cheap forward who is doing very well, but he can be benched or rotated with Mahrez depending on fixtures. Kane is a tricky one and may or may not stick with him. Pelle and Lukaku are options (I don't really see Bony as a better option than any of the others, so not really considering him, despite a tasty fixture this week).

Concerns/considerations:
    I don't have any Southampton or Everton attackers. The main 2 I could dump would be Ozil and Kane. And that would allow me enough cash to bring in VVD in defence.

Elliot - Pantillimon

Lukaku - Vardy - Ighalo

Would appreciate any opinions on the above! Feel good to be able to put some time in FPL again! The start of the season has been ridiculously busy work wise, hence the +1m OR!

My only reservations would be if and how you will decide to get Aguero in when he's fully fit.

Otherwise I'd go option B from the two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Elliot - Pantillimon

Kane - Vardy - Ighalo

0.0m itb

GKs:

Defenders:

Mids:

Forwards:

Concerns/considerations:

Elliot - Pantillimon

Lukaku - Vardy - Ighalo

How to get Aguero in is a problem. Also, no West Brom defence seems wrong. You can't ignore the Pulis effect.

Yeah that's why I've been looking at Option B!

It's definitely worth a thought. I know you have to think long-term but it's always good to get the short term benefits of your wildcard too.

It's definitely worth a thought. I know you have to think long-term but it's always good to get the short term benefits of your wildcard too.

I know it seems bizarre that I don't have Pelle or Lukaku. But I just have a feeling about Kane. He scored a hat-trick last week. Meanwhile Pelle or Lukaku havent scored in 2 (PL) games. I know their fixtures are better than Kanes, but going with fixtures over form has burned me in the past.

I think it's that old FPL debate about having coverage from different teams versus just picking the players you think will score the most points. I have Ozil and Sanchez. Obviously going with Mane/Barkley over Ozil, would give me more coverage, but Ozil is in great form at the minute.

jpboard1 wrote: »
    How to get Aguero in is a problem. Also, no West Brom defence seems wrong. You can't ignore the Pulis effect.

I could easily go for Myhill over Panti. Same price. But I think Sunderland defence will do well under Sam, and he rotates perfectly with Elliot.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kane is the best option for this week too. Not signing him though because then I have to keep him or use another transfer.

hogey143 wrote: »
    My only reservations would be if and how you will decide to get Aguero in when he's fully fit.

The Aguero thing is an issue. Plan is to hopefully bank a transfer next week, then roll that over until Aguero is back. Then I'll have 2 FTs. It may take 3 to get him in with that team.

There are 2 ways to set up well for Aguero coming back:

1. Go with Costa (or Rooney, but no one is going to do that).

2. Leave a lot of money in the bank.

I don't really want to do either of those. He'll be a least 2 more weeks, and could be another week or two til he's starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The Aguero thing is an issue. Plan is to hopefully bank a transfer next week, then roll that over until Aguero is back. Then I'll have 2 FTs. It may take 3 to get him in with that team.

There are 2 ways to set up well for Aguero coming back:

1. Go with Costa (or Rooney, but no one is going to do that).

2. Leave a lot of money in the bank.

I don't really want to do either of those. He'll be a least 2 more weeks, and could be another week or two til he's starting.

I wouldn't worry about an aguero fund. Gw 16 and 18 are probably the only 2 games I'd captain him before the turn of the year. He will more than likely be rotated over the busy Xmas period. Sanchez has some lovely fixtures in Gw 14 and 15 when aguero is going to be an option again. Also the landscape has changed a bit with the arrival of kdb who gives city coverage and by the looks of it a lot of points and a strong captaincy option. Aguero is pure class but I can see myself steering clear of him till the new year.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry about an aguero fund. Gw 16 and 18 are probably the only 2 games I'd captain him before the turn of the year. He will more than likely be rotated over the busy Xmas period. Sanchez has some lovely fixtures in Gw 14 and 15 when aguero is going to be an option again. Also the landscape has changed a bit with the arrival of kdb who gives city coverage and by the looks of it a lot of points and a strong captaincy option. Aguero is pure class but I can see myself steering clear of him till the new year.

Hmmm, ok. Have to do some looking at that. The thought never entered my head that it might not be necessary to get Aguero in once he's fit!

Hmmm, ok. Have to do some looking at that. The thought never entered my head that it might not be necessary to get Aguero in once he's fit!

I'm probably in the minority there but I honestly think it's 5 to 6 gws away and if I was on wildcard I wouldn't be worried about an aguero plan. Worse case scenario save a transfer in gw15 and make 3 transfers in gw16 for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If Aguero has played at least 60 mins, I'm targeting GW15 against Stoke to bring him in

If Aguero has played at least 60 mins, I'm targeting GW15 against Stoke to bring him in

Arsenal are at home to Sunderland that week so I'd be captaining sanchez.

Arsenal are at home to Sunderland that week so I'd be captaining sanchez.

I probably would too (even though we may have a decisive CL match in Greece the following midweek), but Aguero is likely to be a significant upgrade on one of my strikers.

I probably would too (even though we may have a decisive CL match in Greece the following midweek), but Aguero is likely to be a significant upgrade on one of my strikers.

City will more than likely also have a must win cl game the following midweek. It's weeks away anyway so best worrying about it then.

@OneColdHand
    GKs concern me.
    Darlow was on the bench when Krul was fit.
    He's injured at the minute but is Elliot on borrowed time?
    Good luck

ElTel wrote: »
    @OneColdHand
    GKs concern me.
    Darlow was on the bench when Krul was fit.
    He's injured at the minute but is Elliot on borrowed time?
    Good luck

No idea!! Just assumed Elliot was next choice after Krul.

Even if Elliot's spot was safe, I think I want to have another reliable GK. That's why I have Panti also, as they rotate well.

But rotation has hurt me in the past. So I might yet just go with Myhill and embrace the Pulisball.

hogey143 wrote: »

This ^ is exactly the only concern I'd have. Will you go without ? Otherwise, I like option B.

• Advertisement

This ^ is exactly the only concern I'd have. Will you go without ? Otherwise, I like option B.

Well, probably Ozil out to a cheapie, and go with a strong 7 + cheapie mid.

That would leave Ighalo as a starter, which might not be ideal, I think he's better as part of a strong front 8. But I could look at that as part of the moves to bring Aguero in.

Having KDB, Sanchez and Aguero is difficult. It is possible to have a decent team with those 3, but they do limit funds a bit. If Ozil is still performing in a few weeks, Sanchez could be the one to make way, as he's 3 million more than Ozil. Of course Sanchez could explode and make himself unsellable! All depends on form...

I think there's an element of what Busts says to be factored in here. It's probably 4 weeks away, so it's likely at least 2 of those players will have changed by then. So hard to predict now my exact moves to bring him in.

Another question (with Aguero in mind): is it worth going for Sagna over Kolarov/Kompany, in an attempt to bank some $$$? Or is it one that will be risky down the line once Zab returns?

Another question (with Aguero in mind): is it worth going for Sagna over Kolarov/Kompany, in an attempt to bank some $$$? Or is it one that will be risky down the line once Zab returns?

If I was on WC, I'd go Sagna over Kolarov (I guess Kompany if you have lots of money)

If I was on WC, I'd go Sagna over Kolarov (I guess Kompany if you have lots of money)

Is that cos Clichy is on his way back?

Is that cos Clichy is on his way back?

Yeah, Zab is definitely out for 3 GWs while Clichy seems to be close

Yeah, Zab is definitely out for 3 GWs while Clichy seems to be close

If I have the cash, I'd definitely go for Kompany. Guaranteed starter and they get clean sheets with him in the team. I can't help but feel going for Sagna or Kol will result in a headache down the line.

Well, probably Ozil out to a cheapie, and go with a strong 7 + cheapie mid.

That would leave Ighalo as a starter, which might not be ideal, I think he's better as part of a strong front 8. But I could look at that as part of the moves to bring Aguero in.

Having KDB, Sanchez and Aguero is difficult. It is possible to have a decent team with those 3, but they do limit funds a bit. If Ozil is still performing in a few weeks, Sanchez could be the one to make way, as he's 3 million more than Ozil. Of course Sanchez could explode and make himself unsellable! All depends on form...

I think there's an element of what Busts says to be factored in here. It's probably 4 weeks away, so it's likely at least 2 of those players will have changed by then. So hard to predict now my exact moves to bring him in.

It really is a tough call between Sanchez and Ozil. Sanchez is the star player and can be really explosive. Ozil's strength is that Wenger has built the team around him(as he said he would). 3 million is a hell of alot of money when the returns could even out somewhat over the season. Alot would depend on how much you would be considering captaining Sanchez. For me, once Ageuro is back, he will always be captain so will likely drop to Ozil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've 2 FTs this week and not getting in any of those

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've 2 FTs this week and not getting in any of those

He referenced players who have activated wild cards specifically, because this is the wildcard thread.

So what if you didn't bring in any of those three strikers with your FT's. What kind of recognition are you seeking?

I really don't see how you feel you can compare your situation to what you commented on.

People using WC's have to choose three strikers.

LucidLife wrote: »
    He referenced players who have activated wild cards specifically, because this is the wildcard thread.

So what if you didn't bring in any of those three strikers with your FT's. What kind of recognition are you seeking?

I really don't see how you feel you can compare your situation to what you commented on.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

:eek:

Do you disagree?

LucidLife wrote: »

I was pointing out too the op that IMO none of the 3 of those strikers are "must haves" that's kinda the point of this thread... People give their views.... Even if they differ!

• Advertisement

I was pointing out too the op that IMO none of the 3 of those strikers are "must haves" that's kinda the point of this thread... People give their views.... Even if they differ!

That wasn't the point though. This week individually, they are 3 of the 4 to have.

It really is a tough call between Sanchez and Ozil. Sanchez is the star player and can be really explosive. Ozil's strength is that Wenger has built the team around him(as he said he would). 3 million is a hell of alot of money when the returns could even out somewhat over the season. Alot would depend on how much you would be considering captaining Sanchez. For me, once Ageuro is back, he will always be captain so will likely drop to Ozil.

Sanchez is likely to punish you badly for not having him at times. Like 15+ GW score punish you. Makes him a great captain option. Ozil's point scores are very replaceable by guys at similar prices and cheaper.

That wasn't the point though. This week individually, they are 3 of the 4 to have.

And IMO after weighing up several options I don't think they are. I may eat my words but BUIB has let me down too many times and likewise lukaku. Also I wouldn't be surprised too see Bony dropped today for the young lad.

And IMO after weighing up several options I don't think they are. I may eat my words but BUIB has let me down too many times and likewise lukaku. Also I wouldn't be surprised too see Bony dropped today for the young lad.

Who do you think are the best 4 striker choices for this week alone then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Bony won't be dropped. Think the rumour mill has started..

Who do you think are the best 4 striker choices for this week alone then?
    4? You can only have 3
    For me Vardy Ighalio and Giroud

2 Man City mids and 1 defender behind them if it was a WC 1 week job with 1 saints mid (mane)1 saints defender (vvd or Berty)

4? You can only have 3
    For me Vardy Ighalio and Giroud

2 Man City mids and 1 defender behind them if it was a WC 1 week job with 1 saints mid (mane)1 saints defender (vvd or Berty)

I was saying 4 because I think Kane is the alternative obvious choice. I would put any money with you that Bony, Pelle, Lukaku will out score Vardy, Ighalo, Giroud. Obviously I don't spend my life gambling with everyone I disagree with on the internet though so consider that bet a mere hypothetical to illustrate how strongly I feel about my point ;)

See above! :)

I've a bad feeling already for a late night post when my brain was half asleep but sure we all know you can never back down from an argurment with a stranger on the Internet!

Well this escalated quickly!

I think its a balancing act. Trying get the short term boost of a WC together with building a team that will last until the next WC.

If I don't go with pelle or lukaku or bony, I will be very worried about how they do this week. But I'm also not convinced they are the best long term options. Busy morning ahead!

See above! :)

I've a bad feeling already for a late night post when my brain was half asleep but sure we all know you can never back down from an argurment with a stranger on the Internet!

Haha, I only have 2 of the 3 I mentioned to be fair. Vardy gets the nod over Lukaku due to long-term viability, value and ridiculous form. I didn't make any changes up front this week though. Could have went for Lukaku instead of Vardy last week but happy enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement